THE BROWNS BOARD

Perfect Day

Zombo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

christ....can you people get with the picture. peter king is on public record, citing rick speilman....vikings GM, that tampa was persuing TR. so, i guess you're saying their lying to.....what...save face?

its only debatable if you contend the report is a fabrication. don your tin foil hat then.....

you dont think TB's actions after we traded up were indicative of their plans? they trade back after TR comes off the board, then trade up to 31 later to nab the second RB. really? losing 3 late round picks that wouldn't likely make the team is a fleecing?

come on mik....

just like minnesota fleeced us this year.

tampa wasn't even considering trading up.

So says Tampa Bay... I don't believe them.

What about uniform numbers?

Both wear #3.

I think Weeden take's Horseball's ol' #3.

Richardson ... Leroy Hoard's 33?

Would save the masses moulah if he would take 40 and they just sell velcro Richardson patches.

Z

just like minnesota fleeced us this year.

tampa wasn't even considering trading up. heckert got scared and shot his load as soon as he saw the tit.

but that being said i'm ok with both picks, basically because it's all said and done. hopefully there is still some quality left to be found at RT and WR.

also, will this be weeden's evaluation year? or is it H&H's evaluation year?

something better come from these picks right now or they are on the hot seat. period.

Heckert always has a huge boner for his picks. If there's one thing I'm damn sure of is that he wouldn't give up his precious picks of he wasn't absolutely sold TB or whoever it may have been was going to nab him at 3. What is said publicly and on ESPN is nowhere near the actual truth when it comes to drafting.

We traded a bunch of crap late round picks that never work out to INSURE that we would get the third superstar in a three superstar draft.

Fucking bulldozing, big legged stud to kick AFC North ass ...

THEN we took the big guy with the big AFC North gun at #22.

No more pussy-ass "scrappy" guys with minor league arms like Frye, Quinn and McCoy, we got a real man with horseballs who, unfortunately, will only be able to fire fastballs on the lake for 12 more years.

If you pussies are seriously bent out of shape because we didn't draft a fucking tackle in the first round or because we traded some shit picks to make sure we got THE best non-qb offensive threat in the draft, then you can blow me, because this was a ballsy "all-in" AFC North draft, and I fucken love it.

Z

Zombo, did you take drugs or something or just got senile, I been preaching for years offense WINS championships and it starts with the QB then a RB and then WR's not some dime a dozen ol guys, So, here you are after pissing on me for twelve years while yourself being constantly wrong, you got religion, Thank Uncle Rich for showing you the light, This is the first draft I liked by the Browns this century, Let's hope they get a few WR's next and quit focusing on fat useless lineman on both sides of the ball

No more Cleveland Browns offensive "developmental" picks fer Christ sake. Swing for the fence and i feel

like that's what H&H were trying to achieve in the first round. Bring some studs in who can make immediate

impact on the offensive side of the line and let the cards fall where they may. I Like the agressiveness in obtaining

TR at 3. Hope3fully, this balls to the wall attitude can be fed upon by the coaches and ultimately the players as the Browns

claw their way back to the top of the black and blue AFC North. Drinks on the mutha effin house!!!!

No more Cleveland Browns offensive "developmental" picks fer Christ sake. Swing for the fence and i feel

like that's what H&H were trying to achieve in the first round. Bring some studs in who can make immediate

impact on the offensive side of the line and let the cards fall where they may. I Like the agressiveness in obtaining

TR at 3. Hope3fully, this balls to the wall attitude can be fed upon by the coaches and ultimately the players as the Browns

claw their way back to the top of the black and blue AFC North. Drinks on the mutha effin house!!!!

SAY NO TO STEPHEN HILL

Both wear #3.

Would save the masses moulah if he would take 40 and they just sell velcro Richardson patches.

Z

Richardson wore #3 in college, so him taking 33 in the pros makes some sense. No one else on the Browns roster has that number. And if Weeden wants #3, why not. That too is available.

Zombo, did you take drugs or something or just got senile, I been preaching for years offense WINS championships and it starts with the QB then a RB and then WR's not some dime a dozen ol guys, So, here you are after pissing on me for twelve years while yourself being constantly wrong, you got religion, Thank Uncle Rich for showing you the light, This is the first draft I liked by the Browns this century, Let's hope they get a few WR's next and quit focusing on fat useless lineman on both sides of the ball

Their pick in round 2 may be a fat, useful lineman. Though I agree, I would prefer to get a WR right now in round 2..

Both wear #3.

Z

When Trent was asked about what number he would wear today at the press conference he said something to the effect of "You can't wear 3 in this league, but you can wear 33. I'll just let you all wait to find out, but I might have just given it away."

I think 33 is the number haha. I just need to know ASAP so I can get myself a jersey.

We traded a bunch of crap late round picks that never work out to INSURE that we would get the third superstar in a three superstar draft.

No more pussy-ass "scrappy" guys with minor league arms like Frye, Quinn and McCoy, we got a real man with horseballs who, unfortunately, will only be able to fire fastballs on the lake for 12 more years.

If you pussies are seriously bent out of shape because we didn't draft a fucking tackle in the first round or because we traded some shit picks to make sure we got THE best non-qb offensive threat in the draft, then you can blow me, because this was a ballsy "all-in" AFC North draft, and I fucken love it.

Z

It gets me that some say we gave up TOO much or took Weeden TOO early. What would the same folks have said had we stayed at 4 & lost Richardson & waited until the 2nd or 3rd round & lost Weeden? Our guys REFUSED to take a chance of loosing these two....FINALLY!! Execs with BALLS!!!

Our FO needs a HUGE pat on their collective backs for aggressively obtaining 2 fantastic picks for AFC North PLAYERS!!

Hang on for the rest of the ride.

Mike

It gets me that some say we gave up TOO much or took Weeden TOO early. What would the same folks have said had we stayed at 4 & lost Richardson & waited until the 2nd or 3rd round & lost Weeden? Our guys REFUSED to take a chance of loosing these two....FINALLY!! Execs with BALLS!!!

Our FO needs a HUGE pat on their collective backs for aggressively obtaining 2 fantastic picks for AFC North PLAYERS!!

Hang on for the rest of the ride.

Mike

Exactly. We stock piled picks and decided to unload them on the guy they really wanted. Not bad IMO. Richardson will be worth it.

Both wear #3.

Z

Yes. It would be highly convienent for this to happen.

MIN GM is not going to come out and say "yeah, I totally bluffed them". If he did that he'd never get another deal done with CLE or any other team. TB was not going to move up and it's a common sense reason. TB came into the draft with a total of 5 picks in the entire draft. They would have basically had to give up their entire draft to move up to take TR. It wasn't going to happen. MIN played a good hand and bluffed the Browns into giving up more than they should have to move up one spot.

And if you are going to stock picks to go after the guy you want, then you should have done that a month ago when you blew your chance to get the guy you wanted, RG3

MIN GM is not going to come out and say "yeah, I totally bluffed them". If he did that he'd never get another deal done with CLE or any other team. TB was not going to move up and it's a common sense reason. TB came into the draft with a total of 5 picks in the entire draft. They would have basically had to give up their entire draft to move up to take TR. It wasn't going to happen. MIN played a good hand and bluffed the Browns into giving up more than they should have to move up one spot.

And if you are going to stock picks to go after the guy you want, then you should have done that a month ago when you blew your chance to get the guy you wanted, RG3

Bucs admitted to trying to trade up for Richardson and the cemented that fact when they traded back up to get Martin. Been reported by several people on ESPN that Bucs and Rams were trying to move ahead of us as well. Just cause your sand filled pussy hurts because we gave up 3 round picks that would have netted up 2 training camp cuts and a future rotational guy to get the one guy we wanted isn't a reason to come on here and bitch.

Z

Amen Bruthah!

Z

You love it and you can't get why people don't like it – there is a reason why and I will tell you shortly.

#1 – The Vikings desire to trade the #3 pick was the worst kept secret in the NFL and the Browns were conned into giving up 3 additional draft picks for no reason.

#2 – Drafting Weedon at #22 was a mistake. He would have been available later or even those picks give to Minnesota for no reason could have been used to trade for Weedon. The #22 pick was wasted.

#3 – The Browns drafted the WRONG PLAYER – it should have been Claiborne.

The Goodell-Era NFL has taken away physical play and pass defense is going to require more speed and athleticism. The Browns just blew a chance to have the advantage of multiple elite corners.

#4 – RBs are devalued and haven’t been a significant factor in teams winning since the pre-Goodell era. The only 1200 yard back to reach the Super Bowl in the Goodell-Era NFL was in 2010 – Steelers with Mendenahll. RBs used to be able to carry teams on the offensive side of the ball in the past, like Jamal Lewis with the Ravens, Jamal Anderson with the Falcons, etc. That era is long gone.

#5 - The additional picks were not “crap late round picks”. They have significant value that was wasted.

Round 4 - Charles Haley, Dexter Jackson, Assante Samuel Jeff Christy, Rudi Johnson, Stephen Davis, Derrick Mason

Round 5 - Hardy Nickerson, Robert Mathis, Mark Brunell, Rodney Harrison, Dorsey Levins, Barry Foster, Joe Horn, Zach Thomas, La’Roi Glover

Round 6 - Tom Brady, Terrell Davis, Shannon Sharpe, Greg Lloyd, Matt Hasselbeck, Adalius Thomas, Mark Chmura, Frank Wycheck, Matt Birk, Marc Bulger

Round 7 - TJ Houshmandzadeh, Donald Driver, Michael McCrary, Brock Marion, Jamal Anderson, Tom Nalen

Round 8&9 - Troy Brown, Trent Green, Jesse Armstead, Blaine Bishop, Brad Johnson, Terry Allen

Undrafted: John Randle, Jeff Garcia, Kurt Warner, Rod Smith, Wayne Chrebet, Priest Holmes, Adam Vinatieri, Jake Delhomme, Pat Williams, Jeff Saturday, Londen Fletcher, Antonio Pierce, James Harrison, Ryan Clark, Bart Scott, Antonio Gates, Tony Romo, Wes Welker, Willie Parker, Tramon Williams, Arian Foster

The players mentioned above include multiple time Pro Bowl selections, among the league leaders in statistical categories over several seasons, All-Decade and All Pro Team selections, Offensive and Defensive Players of the Year, Super Bowl and League MVP and even some Hall of Famers - not bad for players that were taken with "crap picks"

You love it because you are an idiot.

You love it and you can't get why people don't like it – there is a reason why and I will tell you shortly.

#1 – The Vikings desire to trade the #3 pick was the worst kept secret in the NFL and the Browns were conned into giving up 3 additional draft picks for no reason.

#2 – Drafting Weedon at #22 was a mistake. He would have been available later or even those picks give to Minnesota for no reason could have been used to trade for Weedon. The #22 pick was wasted.

The Goodell-Era NFL has taken away physical play and pass defense is going to require more speed and athleticism. The Browns just blew a chance to have the advantage of multiple elite corners.

You and I literally have no idea what went on in that war room and what the vikings truly got in terms of offers. Here's what I do know. Heckert has an absolute rager for draft picks. The guy absolutely would not have traded away the picks if he didn't think it was worth it and that someone was going to offer something similar to move up.

Secondly, although two corners is a giant asset the NFL is an offensive, passing league. I'm not sure on Weeden either, but he's an obvious upgrade over Colt. We may have reached for him but if he produces and turns the offense around I doubt anyone is gonna say that was a wasted pick. TR is a multi-faceted guy. He's going to take a huge burden off Weeden day one and give defenses someone to gameplan around. The position is becoming devalued, I can agree with that. But I'm not so much on the bandwagon of people who think we have awful talent at WR especially now we drafted a potential speedster in Benjamin.

Defense still may win championships, but without offense you aren't gonna win games. And lord knows the gang we had out there last year wasn't going to win those games.

#4 – RBs are devalued and haven’t been a significant factor in teams winning since the pre-Goodell era. The only 1200 yard back to reach the Super Bowl in the Goodell-Era NFL was in 2010 – Steelers with Mendenahll. RBs used to be able to carry teams on the offensive side of the ball in the past, like Jamal Lewis with the Ravens, Jamal Anderson with the Falcons, etc. That era is long gone.

#5 - The additional picks were not “crap late round picks”. They have significant value that was wasted.

Round 4 - Charles Haley, Dexter Jackson, Assante Samuel Jeff Christy, Rudi Johnson, Stephen Davis, Derrick Mason

Round 5 - Hardy Nickerson, Robert Mathis, Mark Brunell, Rodney Harrison, Dorsey Levins, Barry Foster, Joe Horn, Zach Thomas, La’Roi Glover

Round 6 - Tom Brady, Terrell Davis, Shannon Sharpe, Greg Lloyd, Matt Hasselbeck, Adalius Thomas, Mark Chmura, Frank Wycheck, Matt Birk, Marc Bulger

Round 7 - TJ Houshmandzadeh, Donald Driver, Michael McCrary, Brock Marion, Jamal Anderson, Tom Nalen

Round 8&9 - Troy Brown, Trent Green, Jesse Armstead, Blaine Bishop, Brad Johnson, Terry Allen

Undrafted: John Randle, Jeff Garcia, Kurt Warner, Rod Smith, Wayne Chrebet, Priest Holmes, Adam Vinatieri, Jake Delhomme, Pat Williams, Jeff Saturday, Londen Fletcher, Antonio Pierce, James Harrison, Ryan Clark, Bart Scott, Antonio Gates, Tony Romo, Wes Welker, Willie Parker, Tramon Williams, Arian Foster

The players mentioned above include multiple time Pro Bowl selections, among the league leaders in statistical categories over several seasons, All-Decade and All Pro Team selections, Offensive and Defensive Players of the Year, Super Bowl and League MVP and even some Hall of Famers - not bad for players that were taken with "crap picks"

You love it because you are an idiot.

you sure spent alot of time on that post to tell us your unhappy.

do you want a hug?

i'll just look forward to a solid incoming draft, and not be bitterman.

Is it just me or did we draft better as the draft went on? I like the DMJ, Acho, and Winn all better that Travis Benjamin in the 4th. I hope we take to the Patriots philosophy and throw to the tight ends as primary targets (Moore, Cameron, Smelly?) since we lack elite receivers. Let's hope.

christ....can you people get with the picture. peter king is on public record, citing rick speilman....vikings GM, that tampa was persuing TR. so, i guess you're saying their lying to.....what...save face?

its only debatable if you contend the report is a fabrication. don your tin foil hat then.....

you dont think TB's actions after we traded up were indicative of their plans? they trade back after TR comes off the board, then trade up to 31 later to nab the second RB. really? losing 3 late round picks that wouldn't likely make the team is a fleecing?

come on mik....

the fact is i like the pick but say we didn't give away those picks and force minny to play their hand? we probably woulda still got TR BUT god forbid we didn't then everything else woulda fallen into our hands with all the leverage with anybody wanting to trade with us. or if by just staying pat would have ended up with the #1 CB or WR.

yeah we got the #1 RB and then what? a 4-5th tier WR who'll be lucky to beat out anybody we already have?

gtfo.

the fact is i like the pick but say we didn't give away those picks and force minny to play their hand? we probably woulda still got TR BUT god forbid we didn't then everything else woulda fallen into our hands with all the leverage with anybody wanting to trade with us. or if by just staying pat would have ended up with the #1 CB or WR.

yeah we got the #1 RB and then what? a 4-5th tier WR who'll be lucky to beat out anybody we already have?

gtfo.

help! help! the sky is falling!!

go on ahead and be pissy....the picks dont match your opinions so this is what we get eh? you acting like a child. cool.....i guess. you dont even wanna see how it could be good. you had your heart set on a couple WR's that the pundits told you were great and no-brainer picks. you took that bait hook, line and sinker....now that you realize the FO sees this team differently than the pundits (and by extension, you), you can't reconcile the difference in direction and decide to whine rather than invest that energy into figuring it out.

yup...only TR was worth anything...because thats what the national media told you to think.

War what is it good for, absolutely nothing. Agree to disagree, disagree to agree. At the end of the day we addressed our whole Offense. We have a beast at rb, a tall strong armed qb that is smart, a Right Tackle as our bookend. We have a wr that is fast as Desean Jackson that runs better routes, and got some line depth. I do not understand why people are so mad. After the bye week maybe you can try and grade our draft. I for one am happy with the draft, I cant wait until the season starts. "bleed your colors"

Archived