THE BROWNS BOARD

Ogbahs leading us in sacks...

Clevfan4life

Its only 3, and for comparison Bosa has 4 sacks now but only played in 3 games whereas ogbahs played since the opener. But....its still promising to see him improving. He's starting to pass the eye test, you can see him starting to move guys better and even if he doesnt sniff the ballcarrier he's getting in better positions now. With one glaring exception on sunday when i brleive it was him that got sealed by the TE on that 74 yd run. Ah well.

Also, where the fuck is orchard?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If DE's Garrett or Allen from Bama our in our plans? I really want to see Ogbah at OLB. After Mingo was cut loose, reports were out Horton tried OB at LB. Don't know if coverage is his problem? But what I seen yesterday was a LDE get off his block, sprint completely across the field to run Hill Out of bounds on the right sideline. Ogbah can flat out fly for his size..OB's conditioning has takin off. Our personal martial arts trainer has really got OB's Hands & Feet really working right now..Kinda torn at LB position, but Kirksey & Ogbah at LB is more of a sure tackle than Demario Davis is giving us right now

Because ogbah had been playing olb'er and DE. Same with nassib. Frankly when nassibs hand is healed i want us to go full time to a 4-3 enough of this. Ogbah and nassib should be our full time DE's.

When orchard gets back we should play around with 3-4 looks with him and schobert at olb'er and nassib and og can rotate in through the interior dl. Base d needs to shift to the 4-3 though.

Because ogbah had been playing olb'er and DE. Same with nassib. Frankly when nassibs hand is healed i want us to go full time to a 4-3 enough of this. Ogbah and nassib should be our full time DE's.

When orchard gets back we should play around with 3-4 looks with him and schobert at olb'er and nassib and og can rotate in through the interior dl. Base d needs to shift to the 4-3 though.

The Hybrid 275lbs DE's in Ogbah & Naz are getting knocked sideways by over 300lb lineman at DE..let them run clean with the 255 lbs.Orchard-less & Schobert's of the world. Got my $$ on OB & Naz to get there with speed

The Hybrid 275lbs DE's in Ogbah & Naz are getting knocked sideways by over 300lb lineman at DE..let them run clean with the 255 lbs.Orchard-less & Schobert's of the world. Got my $$ on OB & Naz to get there with speed

Did u watch ogbah take that tackle and put him in daltons lap? Naz too has been getting better at holding guys off him. None of em do it like bosa does now but we knew our picks needed development. Im encouraged that i see them getting a lil faster and stronger every week

The difference being that Bosa can, in fact, play good football.

But yeah bringing up bosas weekly performances here will be good sport for a long time to come. Especially if he keeps up what hes doing now he might have more sacks at the end of the tear than our entire team. That is not beyond the realm of possibility

Did u watch ogbah take that tackle and put him in daltons lap?

Yes... I believe that was a ragdoll. And the rag was former Aggie, Ogbuehi.

Ogbah isn't really playing DE. Nassib and meder seethe guys there.

Well in the above mentioned play he was the leftmost of four D with their hand on the ground... so there's that.

And i've been waiting for a guy who's more than just an edge rusher on passing downs. Ogbah was useless against the run this past week, as usual. Maybe he can get better in the offseason.. but maybe not. Perhaps he is now as good as he's going to be - a backup/rotational guy if the rest of the DL was solid.

I did not notice Ogbah vs the run so much this week.

I did see Cinci running at Nassib early and often when we were in out 4-3 look.

Id imagine they would run at nassib with that hand, force him to stiff arm the edge and see if that hand holds up. In any case, the run stopping is why i wanted bosa. Look uphis highlights from his very first game in the nfl against one of the best LT's in football and u see him make a play on the run that is as funamentally sound as any 10 year vet. Dude holds off a monster LT, chevks the play and pinches in when he sees the runner going inside. Thats the skillset i want in this team. The raiders game is no fluke either he's done it in every game. I dont think he's made a single mistake in run defense in his first 3 games, and still has 4 sacks.

People are clamoring for garrett but i dont care what he is physically and how he does in the combine if he doesnt have sound fundamentals. Right now i dont see anyone in college that had joeys toolset, not even his brother tbh. That might change obviously but right now if nick was coming out next year id be like if he's there in the 2nd round maybe but dont even fucking think about using a 1st round pick on him

OK... don't use a R1 on a true frosh... got it. ;)

Look... I've said Joey is doing well. He may supply you with salt to rub in for a decade. But pace yourself and keep your eyes open. He's made errors. Gave up the edge to a bounce by Freeman IIRC in the ATL game. Came close to running him down from behind, but no cigar.

He's getting better every week. 6 tackles to go with 2 sacks this week, he is up for Rookie of the Week.

This was the first game where Nassib was reminding me why I like him so much before he got hurt as well.

Promising group.

We are playing with a practice squad secondary though. A healthy Joe would go a long way toward maybe this defense helping this team actually get a win.

Zombo

Archived