THE BROWNS BOARD

First Depth Chart Released

wargograw

You need the lesson more than I. The very basic point is that Myles Garrett and Lawrence Taylor have at least on the surface similar skill sets....that could be applied under either 3-4 or 4-3.

Now, you have been taught a basic fact that you apparently had no clue about.

Other than rushing the passer- I'd say not. Garrett is 2 inches taller, and 30 pounds heavier than LT.

Well, that is what we would have had.....and I would have fully expected MG to have capably adapted to such.....given his similar skill set.

But, you don't have to worry.....Garrett is exactly the same height/weight as Deacon Jones.....and only an inch taller and 5-6 pounds off the build of Bruce Smith....so lets expect him to go that route instead.

Well, you're getting warmer- in the size category, not the position though. You don't take a player like Garrett and try to play him in space as an OLB. Better comparison? Derrick Thomas.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next week we'll be doing "basic differences between pass and run blocking." Should be an exciting one.

Your subject should be "the basic differences between stupid and ignorance"....a topic you have personally excelled at. (though...likely not....since you are both at the same time..and likely cannot distinguish them)

Other than rushing the passer- I'd say not. Garrett is 2 inches taller, and 30 pounds heavier than LT.

More like 20 lbs. and...Oh, OK, so lets not put Garrett in on passing downs. That way we won't have to compare his pass rushing to LT.

Well, you're getting warmer- in the size category, not the position though. You don't take a player like Garrett and try to play him in space as an OLB. Better comparison? Derrick Thomas.

Comparison to who? Derrick Thomas was an OLB...and was the same height/weight as LT.....2 inches shorter than Garrett, and 20 lbs lighter. There is your comparison: LT to DT (and apparently not to MG)

I guess these guys are mewling about Garrett perhaps having to do the sorts of things that OLBs do......like tackling runners on the edge, and maybe occasionally covering a TE. I guess I didn't realize that we drafted a guy with such a limited skill set such that he could never do any of those things.

Your subject should be "the basic differences between stupid and ignorance"....a topic you have personally excelled at. (though...likely not....since you are both at the same time..and likely cannot distinguish them)

I may be. Still know the difference between OLBs in a 3-4 and 4-3.

Next week we'll be doing "basic differences similarities between pass and run blocking." Should be an exciting one.

FIFY...

LMAO. Post of the year.

So help me get up to speed with this cross talk between you and Hoorta. Is it your contention that you see Garrett eventually gravitating toward an OLB position? I believe, especially from what I saw yesterday that that is his natural NFL proclivity. He is very athletic, but he is not very physical. He doesn't push anyone around and certainly won't be a guy who requires a double team. He is agile on his feet but he is not explosive off the snap.

His skill set is not going to transition from college to the pros. Had Petersen, Brees and the rest of the Saints played, his performance would have even been more unremarkable. I am sorry, but for a guy who supposedly is a stud, an imposing physical specimen, he didn't muscle anyone around. He didn't get the best of anyone. He made 1 tackle.

If you see him as a natural and eventual OLB, I agree with you. He is NOT physical like Bosa and Watt. He isn't even as physical as Courtney Brown.

LMAO. Post of the year.

So help me get up to speed with this cross talk between you and Hoorta. Is it your contention that you see Garrett eventually gravitating toward an OLB position? I believe, especially from what I saw yesterday that that is his natural NFL proclivity. He is very athletic, but he is not very physical. He doesn't push anyone around and certainly won't be a guy who requires a double team. He is agile on his feet but he is not explosive off the snap.

His skill set is not going to transition from college to the pros. Had Petersen, Brees and the rest of the Saints played, his performance would have even been more unremarkable. I am sorry, but for a guy who supposedly is a stud, an imposing physical specimen, he didn't muscle anyone around. He didn't get the best of anyone. He made 1 tackle.

If you see him as a natural and eventual OLB, I agree with you. He is NOT physical like Bosa and Watt. He isn't even as physical as Courtney Brown.

I think I'll take Bruce Smith's assessment over yours thank you. He didn't take him on for someone to make an OLB out of him. He took him on because he thinks he will be an excellent pass rushing DE. I can't believe you're making this assessment after 1/3 of the first preseason game. Come back with an assessment at the end of the season and maybe then it will be worth taking you seriously.

Archived