THE BROWNS BOARD

The new NY Jets QB is Josh McCown..

LondonBrown

One year $6m fully guaranteed, good deal for Josh

good deal yes. but from a C-Mack to a C-Erving to a C-? ManGold-less Jets OL---Run Drago Run!! Good Luck Josh

Sad part is that, given his attitude & work ethic, I can't remember a QB more deserving of a good break than Josh. I wish him well.

Mike

He will be tutoring Trubiski.

Possibly. Just because they pick up Josh by no means discounts the fact that they may go QB with their #6 pick. Actually, quite the opposite......it reeks of a pickup precisely for "mentor" status. Now....is he going to be mentoring Hackenberg or Petty...or a draftee.

I suspect a draftee.

Yet, some people want the Browns to go the route of selecting like the 4th/5th best QB available...like the Jets did with these guys. And the Jets are still looking for a QB. To me, you go big or you go home. You have ammunition, use it. Trade up to get ahead of the Jets at 6...even if you take Gayrett at #1.

I dunno... pseudo-starter and a quality mentor for a young QB room for back-up money? Seems like a reasonable deal to me.

Possibly. Just because they pick up Josh by no means discounts the fact that they may go QB with their #6 pick. Actually, quite the opposite......it reeks of a pickup precisely for "mentor" status. Now....is he going to be mentoring Hackenberg or Petty...or a draftee.

I suspect a draftee.

Yet, some people want the Browns to go the route of selecting like the 4th/5th best QB available...like the Jets did with these guys. And the Jets are still looking for a QB. To me, you go big or you go home. You have ammunition, use it. Trade up to get ahead of the Jets at 6...even if you take Gayrett at #1.

Wonder what the Titans would want for the #5?

Archived