THE BROWNS BOARD

Quentin Groves Arrested For Solicitation

CLEVELandMILIDH

Browns linebacker Quentin Groves arrested on charges of solicitation

Browns new linebacker Quentin Groves has been arrested on charges of solicitation, according to a police report obtained by the Plain Dealer.

Groves responded to a sex-for-hire add and requested "full service'' according to the report. The arrest, on April 17, was part of a joint prostitution sting run by the Beachwood police and the Cuyahoga County Sherriff's Department.

Groves, signed as an unrestricted free agent by the Browns in March, received a two-year deal worth $2.8 million.

The Browns did not immediately respond to a call or email seeking comment. His agent, Sean Kiernan of Impact Sports Management in California, also did not immediately respond to a call.

Groves participated in the Browns voluntary minicamp last week, which was Tuesday through Thursday, meaning the arrest occurred in the middle of the camp.

Groves a few months ago talking about changes in his life

I just said, 'Man, cut the drinking out. If you go out, go out with your wife, have a nice glass of wine and chill. Don't try to buy a table and do all this extravagant stuff. Because at the end of the night, once the bottles are empty, the friends are gone, there's nobody left to foot that bill but you.' And you have to say, 'OK, what was the point of all this?' "

Groves said he began to change a year ago, when his daughter, Quejaah, was born. He and his wife, Treska, also have a son, Quemani, and there are other family members who depend on Groves.

To remind himself of that, Groves keeps a heavy chain with a lock on it with him almost all the time.

The links in the chain represent the people close to him.

"The strongest part of the chain is the lock," Groves said, "and I'm the lock that holds my family together. I take it everywhere."

The weakest man in the room alway's talks the loudest game.

What an SMH.

The man didn't have a team setup in Cleveland yet...

what does SMH mean (sorry not a total internet geek)?

the saddest part about it is he plays in the NFL, probably looks like he plays in the NFL and could have used that on any gash at a club and had them swinging on his pole and getting a happy ending.

dumb. i hope he plays defense with more common sense.

OK, so this guy goes and gets a ho. (I suspect half the players on the team have probably done that).

Other than him paying some kind of fine....and suffering embarassment, it has absolutely nothing to do with what we as football fans are interested in.

His issues are with his wife and family....and that is their business. If this is the worst thing that a Browns player gets into, I would say we are doing OK as Browns fans.

This is a third degree misdemeanor, meaning the maximum fine is $500.00 and up to 60 days in Jail....though it could carry with it a driver license suspension and a community service component.

So that is likely what he will get....a fine and community service and suspension. (It is not rape...or sex with a minor...or procuring or compelling prostitution).

Honestly...in my 22 years as a Magistrate I have never had anyone come in front of me on a charge of this nature. It either just never happens in my small communities or if it did it went to Municipal Court.

Browns linebacker Quentin Groves arrested on charges of solicitation

Browns new linebacker Quentin Groves has been arrested on charges of solicitation, according to a police report obtained by the Plain Dealer.

Groves responded to a sex-for-hire add and requested "full service'' according to the report. The arrest, on April 17, was part of a joint prostitution sting run by the Beachwood police and the Cuyahoga County Sherriff's Department.

Groves, signed as an unrestricted free agent by the Browns in March, received a two-year deal worth $2.8 million.

The Browns did not immediately respond to a call or email seeking comment. His agent, Sean Kiernan of Impact Sports Management in California, also did not immediately respond to a call.

Groves participated in the Browns voluntary minicamp last week, which was Tuesday through Thursday, meaning the arrest occurred in the middle of the camp.

I'm surprised they published the picture of the whore.

Zombo

He had the balls to do this once, so he has probably be doing it before. This will affect his play because he will be going through a divorce here soon and be paying out the ass for that. Once just once I would to hear something positive about our team. We now have an owner under a federal investigation and a married player getting caught try to bang a paid whore. Please dont fuck up the draft, and I may be happy again.

He had the balls to do this once, so he has probably be doing it before. This will affect his play because he will be going through a divorce here soon and be paying out the ass for that. Once just once I would to hear something positive about our team. We now have an owner under a federal investigation and a married player getting caught try to bang a paid whore. Please dont fuck up the draft, and I may be happy again.

How do you know his wife didn't buy him the whore? Maybe they have an "open" relationship.

A third of these guys go through divorces....so, again, that should not affect our situation as a Browns fan. (Esp. since this guy is, after all, only a backup LB. It ain't like he is the QB.)

Besides, maybe he just needed a little tackling practice.

lol...dumb!..wth Lumbanner..and wtg Jimmy Jack...This team will never get it...Destined to lose wth these bozos..

The worst part is he has to face his wife, and be scrutinized by the public for his intent to have sex. And not actually have received any pleasure in doing so.

The only thing worse is going to a bar, blacking out, taking the hottest chic at the bar home. And waking up the next day having no recollection.

This is a good sign. Baby steps. If someone shoots themselves in the leg or covers up a murder we could be headed to the Super Bowl.

Zombo

Ya I'm cool with it to... This is the NFL. Browns aren't getting anywhere with these choir boys. Time to dirty it up a bit and get nasty... He should have tossed in an extra 10 bux and asked for a Cleveland Steamer.

Groves said he began to change a year ago, when his daughter, Quejaah, was born. He and his wife, Treska, also have a son, Quemani, and there are other family members who depend on Groves.

He should've been arrested for child abuse....Queeja and Quemani?! That's worse than George Foreman naming all five of his sons George...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/browns-groves-apologizes-arrest-155025106--nfl.html

Cleveland Browns linebacker Quentin Groves apologized late Wednesday after being arrested for soliciting an undercover police officer in a prostitution sting.

In a statement, Groves said that he let many people down, and told fans, the team and the city of Cleveland he was sorry for putting himself in that situation.

"I am committed to learning from this and moving forward," he said.

Groves allegedly responded to a sex-for-hire ad and agreed to payment before arriving at Homestead Guest Studios in Beachwood, Ohio. The police report indicates that Groves requested "full service" from an undercover police officer posing as a prostitute, but was met by multiple officers when he reached the predetermined room.

At least 14 others were arrested in the three-day sting, according to Cleveland Scene.

Groves pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct in Bedford Municipal Court in suburban Cleveland Tuesday.

Groves signed a two-year, $2.8 million contract as an unrestricted free agent in March. He played for the Arizona Cardinals last season. The former 2008 second-round pick drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars has also played for the Oakland Raiders.

By The Sports Xchange | The SportsXchange

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ouch, this sucks for Groves. Hope this doesn't affect his play adversely or distract him from our goals. Get your head in the game Groves :excl:

Obligatory Steeler Fan Response:

Ah man, all yinz guys cry 'bouts how all we haves is rapists, wife beaters, murderers, drunks, 'roid users and drug addicts and how yinz have dems choirboys on your team. Ha, now yinz have a serial fornificator on you'ze team and yinz don't cuts him's and all. I see yinz are hypo...po...crates 'en'at. Go Stillers!!!

Ah man, all yinz guys cry 'bouts how all we haves is rapists, wife beaters, murderers, drunks, 'roid users and drug addicts and how yinz have dems choirboys on your team. Ha, now yinz have a serial fornificator on you'ze team and yinz don't cuts him's and all. I see yinz are hypo...po...crates 'en'at. Go Stillers!!!

We are trying to shake the choir boy image for the Truckstop Jimmy era. JImmy's doing his part and now Groves has manned up.

I'm proud of him.

Zombo

Yea, well you see, Steeler fans patronize whores with this visage:prostitutes.jpg

Where Browns fans/players associate with more of the following class of professional women:

victorias_secret_models-300x210.jpg

www_eroglamour_com-1_the-victorias-secre

the b+w shot actually gave me wood.

the steelers crackhead whore shots we're scary. imagine if they had to open their mouths and smile?

might look like they had come from across the pond (no disrespect to our brit and scotts fans).

Archived