THE BROWNS BOARD

Devil Advocate's: What If The Browns Never Hired Mangini?

dawgpound3

If the Browns never hired Mangini...  

20 members have voted

1. 1. If the Browns never hired Mangini...

• The Browns would be an better organization today
    • The Browns would be the same if not worse
    • The Browns would be worse off than today
    • Too many what-ifs for me

I know this is probably old hash by now, but let's look back at the end of 2008. Stuff has gone haywire. Romeo, the head coach gets fired, and Phil, the GM, also gets the boot as well. Browns, a year ago, which was in 2007, had an 10-6 record, thanks to the two headed monster in Edwards and Winslow. As it appeared, the Browns looked to rebuild once again as an new era would be soon on the horizon. After an protrusive coaching search, Mangini was tabbed to be the new Browns' head coach.

Looking back, what would have happened if the Browns went in a different direction instead of getting an another Belichick in Mangini? Would the Browns kept Edwards and Winslow? And most of all, could Quinn possibly have been the GUY in Cleveland instead of being just an disappointment once again for Cleveland?

And here's the kicker: Would Holmgren be here today as president of Cleveland Brown if Mangini wasn't hired... :unsure:

What if "we" keep looking backwards forever, and never get to see the great things in the road ahead?

What if we won't get on the hay wagon, until the hay ride is over, and we missed the whole thing?

"sigh"

What if my aunt had balls would she then be my uncle?????

Stupid, stupid, stupid...

Both Romeo and Mangini failed in Cleveland - thats a fact.. Was it all on them?????

What I like about our current make up is not only is the front office comprised with football people but also the coaches (coordinators) are not rookies in their 1st year on the job...

I've been screaming this since 1999... It seems that with the exception of the Butch Davis era, all of our coordinators were rookies and this, in my opinion, has held back the growth of this franchise.. We finally have experienced coordinators and coaches, not some wet behind the ears coaches with potential...

I look for this years team to be vastly improved and I just hope it reflects on our won lost record....

As for Romeo and Mangini-----get over it for cripes sake...That was yesterday and yesterdays'gone

Peace

T.Dawg

To many what ifs..

Im just glad an exciting and watchable form of pro football has returned to cleveland!

Win or lose minus rust and gelling the browns suddenly are looking and playing pro sets and looking like a pro team..

Ahhh the wonders of what a good coaching staff can do in 3 weeks!

What if we hired jon gruden?

Then you wouldn't be able to concentrate on football, what with you spankin' your monkey to Gruden on the sidelines each Sunday.

What if my aunt had balls would she then be my uncle?????

Stupid, stupid, stupid...

Both Romeo and Mangini failed in Cleveland - thats a fact.. Was it all on them?????

What I like about our current make up is not only is the front office comprised with football people but also the coaches (coordinators) are not rookies in their 1st year on the job...

I've been screaming this since 1999... It seems that with the exception of the Butch Davis era, all of our coordinators were rookies and this, in my opinion, has held back the growth of this franchise.. We finally have experienced coordinators and coaches, not some wet behind the ears coaches with potential...

I look for this years team to be vastly improved and I just hope it reflects on our won lost record....

As for Romeo and Mangini-----get over it for cripes sake...That was yesterday and yesterdays'gone

Peace

T.Dawg

Amen Daddybull...

Archived