THE BROWNS BOARD

Hall of Fame Voting

The Gipper

Tim Raines, Jeff Bagwell and Ivan Rodriguez get in.

Trevor Hoffman and Vlad Guerrero come close.

Bonds and Clemens inch up in votes.

Schilling loses ground.

Manny does not come close with only like 23% of votes.

But big news: Next year both Jim Thome and Omar Vizquel will be eligible. Those two plus Chipper Jones are the biggest best new names that will be considered.

Jones vs Thome numbers:

Whoa, three whole players. Yeah the MLB secret police guard against possible inductions better than the US Army guards Ft. Knox.

I guess they don't follow the NFL model which has way more players, coaches, owners inducted and generates WAY MORE interest.

Really now who watches the MLB festivities? Plus the NFL is located right on a crossroads interstate system, Cooperstown couldn't have been any worse unless it was actually IN Canada. :lol:

Too bad many more people might go visit an MLB HOF.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now congratulations to the three deserving inductees.

And my man Vlad the impailer didn't make it, never saw any pitch he couldn't hit...even in the other batter's box, no kidding.

Whoa, three whole players. Yeah the MLB secret police guard against possible inductions better than the US Army guards Ft. Knox.

I guess they don't follow the NFL model which has way more players, coaches, owners inducted and generates WAY MORE interest.

Really now who watches the MLB festivities? Plus the NFL is located right on a crossroads interstate system, Cooperstown couldn't have been any worse unless it was actually IN Canada. :lol:

Too bad many more people might go visit an MLB HOF.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now congratulations to the three deserving inductees.

And my man Vlad the impailer didn't make it, never saw any pitch he couldn't hit...even in the other batter's box, no kidding.

Cooperstown is one of the greatest small towns in America. It is an incredible place. Almost magic. I would not have it any other way.

I think the location of the PFHOF is actually too sterile, too noisy, impersonal.

(The basketball HOF is probably worse...it sits in like what used to be a warehouse district along a river. It has been years since I have been there, and maybe the area has come up a bit with development around it. Hopefully.

Archived