THE BROWNS BOARD

Mccoy Traded

Mark O

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I merged your topic with the one that I created...

I hope we hear from slap dick soon...Dude already killed his cat after Cribbs left...what's going to happen now?

Think he has the smarts and guts to show up and admit that everything we all tried to tell him was exactly correct??

Good Luck to Colt...he gets to keep hanging out with Dawson (didn't someone guess that this would happen?) and very likely could win a ring as Kapernicks backup..

That's a good gig ... if Kaepernick goes down, he driving a roster full of super bowl talent.

With Harbaugh as a mentor.

Happy for him.

Even happier for us that we can move on ...

Zombo

win/win for Colt. basically ideal in every way...good for him.

GOOD LUCK COLT!

unfortunately you were never a good fit in CLE but you still gave it your best every day every play.

much respect. i hope you have a long and successful career in the NFL.

salud!

Think he has the smarts and guts to show up and admit that everything we all tried to tell him was exactly correct??

To be fair, not everything we said was correct. The majority of us, including myself, expected Colt to be cut. With 4 7th round picks the 49ers are probably the only team that would make this trade, but still I am surprised. Points for Banner for squeezing an extra pick out of the whole thing.

Good for Colt. Good for the Browns. I'm happy.

It is a pretty solid gig. Back up QB on one of the best teams in the NFL, great QB friendly HC in Harbaugh.

Wondering though...who does PoeticG latch onto now?

He's gone from Richardson to Cribbs to McCoy...considerably downhill in terms of talent, would seem to make sense that his next favorite player he's going to ruin for all of us will be Marecic or Buster Skrine.

To be fair, not everything we said was correct. The majority of us, including myself, expected Colt to be cut. With 4 7th round picks the 49ers are probably the only team that would make this trade, but still I am surprised. Points for Banner for squeezing an extra pick out of the whole thing.

Good for Colt. Good for the Browns. I'm happy.

Semantics really....we all said he wouldn't be the starter and was highly unlikely to be on the roster by the time the season started.

The deal is being reported as "immenent" so it's not completed yet.

Browns trade Colt McCoy

by Tom Reed, The Plain Dealer

4/1/2013 4:44 PM

Email | Print

The Browns have traded backup quarterback ColtMcCoy to the San Francisco 49ers, according to CBSSports.com's Jason LaCanfora. The club will receive a late-round pick.

The free-agent signing of Jason Campbell a week ago almost assured McCoy would be moved at some point. McCoy spent all of last season as a backup to Brandon Weeden. He started 20 games for the Browns over the previous two seasons.

Browns had two 6's... now have 2 5's, 1 6 and 1 7... much better than releasing him!

/close the McCoy thread, the fat lady has sung.

A whole lot better than releasing him. We got at least something that might turn into something useful for someone who had no future with the Browns.

win win for everyone..

i like it too.

was i the ONLY one to say watch out colt would love to follow his buddy dawson? cha-ching! score.

also was one to say they shouldn't cut him, meaning i wasn't with the majority of mccoy haters that thought he'd be kicking rocks down a texas road in a week or two.

thank you. thank you. ;)

i like it too.

was i the ONLY one to say watch out colt would love to follow his buddy dawson? cha-ching! score.

also was one to say they shouldn't cut him, meaning i wasn't with the majority of mccoy haters that thought he'd be kicking rocks down a texas road in a week or two.

thank you. thank you. ;)

I knew someone had said it...was just too lazy to go looking for it. Nice Call...

I don't think anyone was in favor of releasing him rather than trading, it didn't sound like anyone would be willing to trade for him. Turns out there was, which is much better for the Browns in the long run.

The draft picks might turn out to be busts but at this point, they have a better chance of helping the Browns this year and in the future than Colt did.

I'm extremely disappointed in hearning this news. Why not let him compete? This is a terrible decision in my opinion. Whatever though, you win... but at the same time, we all lose.

How is McCoy good enough to go to a team that contended for championship last year, but he's not good enough here? Well, you all got what you wanted, it's no wonder we're always so bad.

#browns get 5th and 7th from #49ers, #49ers get colt McCoy and #browns 6th, source tells PD.

I'll take it. we just freed up 2mill in cap space which isnt no big deal since we weren't spending the remainder anyway. But I honestly thought he would just be released in the coming weeks. Thanks colt its been fun. good luck.

I'm extremely disappointed in hearning this news. Why not let him compete? This is a terrible decision in my opinion. Whatever though, you win... but at the same time, we all lose.

How is McCoy good enough to go to a team that contended for championship last year, but he's not good enough here? Well, you all got what you wanted, it's no wonder we're always so bad.

Demented and unable to accept reality all the way to the end... not surprising really...

He isn't going to be starting for them. It's not like they traded for him to be their guy. He's going to be their backup.

i like it too.

thank you. thank you. ;)

Lucky drug induced alzheimer's prediction.laugh.gif

not trying to stir anything up...however if Kap does go down and Colt has to step up...(I've been pretty neutral about him not great not horrible)...If colt has to step up and he does great...the browns will be the laughing stock yet again and im sure ESPN will allot a 10 minute segment on how stupid we were....NOW im not saying any of this is going to happen...i hope im wrong actually

Archived