THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft homework

Solon16

The online stream I was watching was pretty grainy, but I'm pretty sure Robiskie was out there Sunday.

Plus, it's extremely rare that a team has two early round rookie receivers contribute in the same year. Normally, a team has at least one established starter, leaving the two rooks to compete for the same spot. With Braylon gone, we may now get a chance to see both Robiskie and Massaquoi audition for starting jobs.

Hopefully, at least one of them will grow into a legit starting wideout. Unfortunately, very few teams have managed to draft two early round wideouts and have both of them succeed. You can find a lot of failures on this list:

2009:

Browns: Brian Robiskie, Mohamed Massaquoi

Dolphins: Patrick Turner, Brian Hartline

2008: Redskins: Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly

Bengals: Jerome Simpson, Andre Caldwell

2007: Titans: Paul Williams, Chris Davis2006: Steelers: Santonio Holmes, Willie Reid2005: Titans: Courtney Roby, Brandon Jones, Roydell Williams2004: Jaguars: Reggie Williams, Ernest Wilford

Niners: Rashaun Woods, Derrick Hamilton

2003: Cardinals: Bryant Johnson, Anquan Boldin

Rams: Kevin Curtis, Shaun McDonald

2000: Bengals: Peter Warrick, Ron Dugan

Steelers: Plaxico Burress, Danny Farmer

Browns: Dennis Northcutt, JaJuan Dawson

Eagles: Todd Pinkston, Gari Scott

Alo...I know that....that's why I was against it from the beginning. Two wr's in second round not my choice especially with what was on the board.....and I hope veikune is the player they think he is....second round LB's should start. This is the points I have made of the evaluation process of this regime....After the utter futility of our first ten drafts....they are on a very very very short leash with me!

Guest Masters
Alo...I know that....that's why I was against it from the beginning. Two wr's in second round not my choice especially with what was on the board.....and I hope veikune is the player they think he is....second round LB's should start. This is the points I have made of the evaluation process of this regime....After the utter futility of our first ten drafts....they are on a very very very short leash with me!

I think this new staff might already be choking themselves w/ that leash.

We all know it takes a few years for a draft class to pan out, but right now, the only guy I see from this draft being a significant contributor in 3 years is Mack. I hope I am wrong.

I think this new staff might already be choking themselves w/ that leash.

We all know it takes a few years for a draft class to pan out, but right now, the only guy I see from this draft being a significant contributor in 3 years is Mack. I hope I am wrong.

WOW, I know it was one game. But Momass showed something in that game, and everything I read says he has the skill set to do very well. Sure if you expect him to be a #1 superstar like Edwards it's a stretch, but I think he'll be a quality wr for years to come.

the rest of the draft I agree the jury is still way out on.

Guest Masters
WOW, I know it was one game. But Momass showed something in that game, and everything I read says he has the skill set to do very well. Sure if you expect him to be a #1 superstar like Edwards it's a stretch, but I think he'll be a quality wr for years to come.

the rest of the draft I agree the jury is still way out on.

Like I said in one of the other threads, even Andre Davis and Kevin Johnson had days like MoMass did (if not better if you go by TDs). I just don't see him as a player the team couldn't easily replace or as a guy you don't see on just about every NFL team.

I certainly hope I end up wrong.

Like I said in one of the other threads, even Andre Davis and Kevin Johnson had days like MoMass did (if not better if you go by TDs). I just don't see him as a player the team couldn't easily replace or as a guy you don't see on just about every NFL team.

I certainly hope I end up wrong.

Just curious what you use to make that decision already? What does he do that you don't like?

I understand not guaranteeing he'll be good. But it sounds to me like you already think he's a bust of a second round pick and I just don't get it?

Guest Masters
Just curious what you use to make that decision already? What does he do that you don't like?

I understand not guaranteeing he'll be good. But it sounds to me like you already think he's a bust of a second round pick and I just don't get it?

I was going by what we see right now. So far, I have not seen anything out of MoMass to believe he is anything special or more than WR filler by NFL standards. Throw in how he followed up his big game and I question his long term value. I wasn't trying to imply he is a bust or will be. I am sure that kid will be around the NFL for a long time. I just question that he is a legit #2 WR, in that he's a guy any team would be more than satisfied w/ at the #2 spot. He certainly doesn't look the part of a #1.

Then there is the fact that it is the Browns we are talking about.

ALO...I revise my position....want nothing to do with McCoy....Mallett 1st / Clausen 2nd

I hear Mallett's a real asshole. Not necessarily a red flag - it hasn't stopped B. Roeth from being successful.

But you have to wonder if he's going to be the next Ryan Leaf, especially if he declares after only one year starting at Arkansas.

Archived