THE BROWNS BOARD

Wtf is happening in Charlottesville?

htownbrown

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have right and left people on this board, no doubt. I think it is very clear though are right wing posters are much further right than those on the left are left.

It is amazing sometimes how blindly hypocritical you can be in name of your party. You can jump back a few years, and bash liberals for doing X, Y and Z. Jump forward, in a similar situation, with a Rep (?) as president, and you are all doing X, Y and Z yourself.

"Always blaming Bush!" -- blame Obama

"Obama won't say Islamic terrorism, he won't condemn these attacks!" -- Trump doesn't say terrorism and attempts to not condemn any of his more radical base.

I know none of you see it. That's kind of the point. But everything you claimed liberals were doing (not on here), you're now doing yourselves.

baby.jpg

I mean, perceived racism aside, you don't see anything weird with honoring rebellious people we fought against in a war? People that very literally turned on America

The states seceded from the union. Following your logic we should nuke the south because, traitors.

The Confederates, brass and soldiers alike, were repatriated directly following the end of hostilities. Few, if anyone, were charged with crimes. Therefore the idea of doing away with the monuments without doing away with the states responsible for the traitorous villainy is disingenuous.

We have right and left people on this board, no doubt. I think it is very clear though are right wing posters are much further right than those on the left are left.

It is amazing sometimes how blindly hypocritical you can be in name of your party. You can jump back a few years, and bash liberals for doing X, Y and Z. Jump forward, in a similar situation, with a Rep (?) as president, and you are all doing X, Y and Z yourself.

"Always blaming Bush!" -- blame Obama

"Obama won't say Islamic terrorism, he won't condemn these attacks!" -- Trump doesn't say terrorism and attempts to not condemn any of his more radical base.

I know none of you see it. That's kind of the point. But everything you claimed liberals were doing (not on here), you're now doing yourselves.

https://www.allenbwest.com/2017/08/13/ok-folks-heres-really-happened-charlottesville-everyone-missing/

Yep. Lots of blame to go around.

I'm sure they think they are

But I think "Real American" is an idiotic phrase used describe anyone from a strong conservative to a racist white nationalist conservative. A term they use to describe themselves

you don't think, feather4brains. You feel. I coined the term on the board, and it doesn't describe that at all, woodypeckerhead.

The states seceded from the union. Following your logic we should nuke the south because, traitors.

The Confederates, brass and soldiers alike, were repatriated directly following the end of hostilities. Few, if anyone, were charged with crimes. Therefore the idea of doing away with the monuments without doing away with the states responsible for the traitorous villainy is disingenuous.

Are you referring to the War of Northern Aggression? I'm the one that needs a Make America Great Again cap. I want War reparations. Should have inherited part of a 6000 acre plantation. Damn those Ohio boys Ulysses and Willie!! They even shot up ole Uncle John at Shiloh. :P

If that's what you think my logic was, you weren't following it at all

So in your mind southern states just existing is the same as honoring those that led a war against your country?

Well if you want to get really technical, Texas WAS a country with it's own government, congress, president, etc. when it came into the union in 1845. It is a fiction that we retained a right to secede, however we do still retain the right to split into 5 states and have 10 senators represent those states in the US Senate.

Face it boys the United States itself is here because of sedition and mutiny.

A lot of people on both sides foolishly seem to think that there is something sacred about territorial boundaries which have changed hundreds of times over the last few decades. Can you imagine if it were some other country this size and half of it wanted to secede but Premier Abraham Hussein decided to butcher hundreds of thousands of people to keep that from happening?

WSS

If that's what you think my logic was, you weren't following it at all

So in your mind southern states just existing is the same as honoring those that led a war against your country?

Do you know anything about the civil war? This is a real question. Do you know ANYTHING about the civil war?

A lot of people on both sides foolishly seem to think that there is something sacred about territorial boundaries which have changed hundreds of times over the last few decades. Can you imagine if it were some other country this size and half of it wanted to secede but Premier Abraham Hussein decided to butcher hundreds of thousands of people to keep that from happening?

WSS

What? You mean the American Revolution was led by rebellious people?

What is up with the police standing down down and allowing crimes being committed and anarchy to reign? We have seen it before where police stand down and watch while property is being destroyed. For all the believers we don't need to be armed and the police will protect us these incidents of police standing down should serve as a wake up call (but it won't). I saw yesterday where a mob didn't like a monument of a confederate soldier so they got a rope and tore it down while police stood by and watched. I really don't care if cities vote to have confederate statues removed that is their right and business but I do have a problem with mob rule which I see being allowed to happen way to often in this country.

What? You mean the American Revolution was led by rebellious people?

LOL not only that but it was led by the one half percent of the richest people in the country. Why? Because thethey could whip up the peasants have them kill enough English and not have to send a tax check to King George.

WSS

LOL not only that but it was led by the one half percent of the richest people in the country. Why? Because thethey could whip up the peasants have them kill enough English and not have to send a tax check to King George.

WSS

Yep, my cousin George was one of those. He and Martha had no children, but we share the same direct descendancy from the same Washington grandparents. That makes me some kind of cousin but I have no idea what that would be this far down the line of so many great, greats, etc. I had an aunt that did all the genealogy on it, but I'm too lazy to look up how many generations have occurred since then.

Do you know anything about the civil war? This is a real question. Do you know ANYTHING about the civil war?

Coming from the guy that took "hey, maybe we shouldn't honor the people we went to war with" and got "he wants to Nuke all the southern states!"

No, go ahead. Share your wisdom.

WSS

Butcher? Definitely makes it sound worse.... But you're telling me the world is different now? Weird.

Also, this really has nothing to do with the specific territorial boundaries.

Yes, we defected during the revolution. We were rebels. Got it. From our perspective, as the USA, that's clearly different than the leaders that attempted to defect against us.

Yes, I realize they were still Americans at the time, many fought because they had no choice, etc etc. I still don't see why we would honor and celebrate those that led the rebellion against us.

Oh, I was expecting a Hitler comparison first, but ISIS works too.

The pulling down of the confederate statue in North Carolina by a mob was ISIS like. Let the people decide these things such as the mayors and city councils not an unruly anarchist mob. The mayors and city councils are representing the people and the will of the people in their cities.

Archived