THE BROWNS BOARD

Guns.....who's got em? whatcha got? what's your current favorite?

marcus

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few observations so far:

Professional security installation companies have to be feeling the heat from these simple but effective DIY ones.

I think I'd like at least a camera or two minimum what about recording to a hard drive? Cost to do that?

Using a cell phone or other device to access your system sounds good. Maybe even turn on lights, door bell, cost for that?

I might like NOT to have some stranger go through my house installing my system, too much information for them to have.

------------

Guns, if you do not have to lock them up quick access is no problem.

I know women that keep guns under pillows, in nightstands, in kitchen especially if they have been threatened.....to many have.

I wouldn't say because my company only put security systems in as favors to important clients now, I left the primary security field ten years ago, but, at least in the commercial field simplisafe and it's DIY ilk have zero traction. Wireless in general has little traction. It can help you sleep better at night, cool. In a house wireless alarm contacts are more or less fine. I even have some in my own house where retro-fitting a house built in 1859 was too much of a pain in the ass. But having been in the alarm world for twenty or so years I'm here to tell you wired is better and more reliable 100% of the time. You guys do you, like I said I moved on from burg alarms years ago, but cheap wireless contacts are the difference between having a Taylor guitar or a first act guitar.

It's the difference between having a colt 1911 or a hi-point JHP 45.

3c7b2e635f869540c412d74185e7b57e.jpg

LOL! My grandson & family are currently living with us and when I try to quietly get into the TV/playroom at this time of the morning I often am grumbling under my breath about his lego security system. Sometimes it's the pirates on his lego pirate ship that get my toes and feet. I swear they are throwing out lego anchors & chains to wreck havoc on me.

Archived