THE BROWNS BOARD

Colt Mccoy To Be Traded

Loyalty

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just announced it on Mike and Mike...

McCoy is going to most likely be traded today or tomorrow.

What are we going to get for him?

It is now officially the Brandon 'Smoke' Weeden Era.

probaly get a 6th for him. can't see much higher than high fourth giving back some change.

Heard it this morning drivin' into work. I'm not sure what we can get other than a 4-6th pick next year, or in 2014 or 2015. He's not making a ton of dough, let him stick it out. Get rid of Seneca Wallace.

At this point, I don't think McCoy would have had a good attitude about being moved to the role of back-up. I am starting to wonder if there is going to be a bigger package deal with McCoy going somewhere like Denver, KC or Buffalo so Cleveland can move up later today or just get more picks (even late rounders) in order to move up for another guy falling down the boards.

I think the biggest needs at this point are -

1 - WR

2 - Run Stopping DL/LB

3 - RT, LG

At this point, I don't think McCoy would have had a good attitude about being moved to the role of back-up. I am starting to wonder if there is going to be a bigger package deal with McCoy going somewhere like Denver, KC or Buffalo so Cleveland can move up later today or just get more picks (even late rounders) in order to move up for another guy falling down the boards.

I think the biggest needs at this point are -

1 - WR

2 - Run Stopping DL/LB

3 - RT, LG

Yes, I think he will be included in a move-up trade with a team that could use a young solid backup that is not going to challenge the starter.

Colt may be gone by the end of the day, Jersey's already 75% off.

Zombo

--McCoy & Hillis? Meet Weeden and Richardson. thanks for the memories, write often.

The "jersey" metric... LOL... Well, the #12's are discounted... but not as deeply as the #40's.

John Clayton just said internal discussions will be held this morning. He's doubting whether there's enough value to be worth trading Colt. Not a knock on Colt, but a reflection of how many QB moves have been made this off-season, and how set teams are at the position.

This move has to be done. Remember this was Mike Holgrens personal pick that draft. Colt will proably be the best backup un the Nfl for a good team. Thinking 5th or 6th rounder for him.

It looks like we have picked up two really good players, only time will tell what happens from here.

Meanwhile I suggest that we pitch in and buy coach Shurmur the hat he deserves.

TomLandry.jpg

Afterall it wasn't the system that failed; it was the players who failed the system or who H & H and shurmur will use as scape goats.

Good luck Hillis and McCoy, I am sure the both of you guys will land solid on your feet somewhere.

Just announced it on Mike and Mike...

McCoy is going to most likely be traded today or tomorrow.

What are we going to get for him?

It is now officially the Brandon 'Smoke' Weeden Era.

Nothing was "announced". Everything said was just speculation.

Nothing was "announced". Everything said was just speculation.

Heckert stated publicly that McCoy was most likely on his way to being traded. Outside of announcing the actual trade, I think that is pretty much a sign that he is gone.

Why trade a very good backup that knows, he system that isn't an asshole.that will probably give input to wee den and that cost 1/4 the salary as senneca?

If we get a late 2nd for him ok anything less just plain stupid...he has one games in multiple systems against super bowl caliber teams

Why trade a very good backup that knows, he system that isn't an asshole.that will probably give input to wee den and that cost 1/4 the salary as senneca?

If we get a late 2nd for him ok anything less just plain stupid...he has one games in multiple systems against super bowl caliber teams

If we get a late second for him, I think that would be a miracle. He would need to go to someone that liked him two drafts ago and still likes him and needs QB. I'm not sure who out there fits that bill. Colt went in the 3rd round. 5 or 6th is probably all we will get for him.

If we get a late second for him, I think that would be a miracle. He would need to go to someone that liked him two drafts ago and still likes him and needs QB. I'm not sure who out there fits that bill. Colt went in the 3rd round. 5 or 6th is probably all we will get for him.

Packers and Cowboys make the most sense

Grossi says there have been talks with Green Bay

Heckert stated publicly that McCoy was most likely on his way to being traded. Outside of announcing the actual trade, I think that is pretty much a sign that he is gone.

Heckert stated publicly that he didn't know if the would and they would discuss it as of his interview last night. Nothing has been said since then. As of now this is all speculation even though a Packers source did say they were talking to the Browns to bring Colt in as a backup.

Tom Heckert says team will discuss trade move with Colt McCoy: Browns NFL Draft Insider

source

When asked if he would try to trade McCoy over the next two days of the draft, Heckert said, "It's something we'll talk about tonight and tomorrow." He added that the Browns could possibly move up from their next pick at No. 37 to the top of the second round.

McCoy to the packers makes a lot of sense for them. He's a solid back up, but the Browns as an organization need to get behind Weeden which they will. He's too old to come in and possibly not start day one. I like Weeden as a football player a lot and even though he may have been over drafted he's a solid upgrade to the most important position on the field.

If the Browns trade McCoy it will be because they know that they have screwed him over royally and that they owe him the opportunity to be able to do something with a team that is capable of utilizing his skills....and it will be a recognition that their coaching staff is not competent enough to utilize his skills.

And by the way, there is no telling if they are competent enough to utilize BW's skills either.

Hopefully they will fucking wise up and get a good receiver and a good RT to go along with BW and TR...because without those elements the Browns offense will continue to be trying to row upstream without a paddle.

if they can't get a 3rd or better it's not worth a trade...What backup QB or draftee could learn the system and actually play day one if weeden were to get hurt? We would probably have to use our 2nd round pick on a damn backup, because the browns think everyone is gunning for backup QBs and starters.

If the Browns trade McCoy it will be because they know that they have screwed him over royally and that they owe him the opportunity to be able to do something with a team that is capable of utilizing his skills....and it will be a recognition that their coaching staff is not competent enough to utilize his skills.

And by the way, there is no telling if they are competent enough to utilize BW's skills either.

Hopefully they will fucking wise up and get a good receiver and a good RT to go along with BW and TR...because without those elements the Browns offense will continue to be trying to row upstream without a paddle.

Spot on, Gip...

In retrospect after all H&H's claims of RG3 pursuit, should have seen all the follow up comments on Colt's worth for what they were... the dreaded vote of confidence...

Archived