THE BROWNS BOARD

Why do we defer?

Browns149

We were starting the most hyped rookie QB since Peyton Manning. We win the toss and defer????????

Once the bungles went 80 yards in 7 minutes, the crowd was DONE,

I told my buddy, that the Browns were in trouble. Then they came out and went 3-and-out. The game was OVER at that point.

YOU WIN THE TOSS.....................TAKE THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Browns 1st 4 drives went 3 plays, punt. 3 plays, punt. 3 plays INT, and then 3 plays punt

bungles went 14 plays TD, 9 plays FG, 5 plays TD, 4 plays FG

I guess you could argue either way... I personally prefer to set the tone on defense first. And games aren't over after the first drive.

The game was over after the 1st drive today

And after we defer, so we can get the ball 1st in the second half

in the 2nd half we go

3 plays punt, 3 plays punt, 6 plays punt and then the OBVIOUS, 3 plays punt

AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess you could argue either way... I personally prefer to set the tone on defense first. And games aren't over after the first drive.

Based on the defensive effort against Indy I would've done the same thing. If the D played suspect vs. Indy and the offense hung 42 on 'em I'd take the ball. I think it should be week to week depending on who's playing better and home vs. road.

but thats the first time thats happened. The team likes to open with their strength, which usually works out. It didnt "this week"

we should have opened with "JOHNNY"

we let him sit for 25 ACTUAL minutes. DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a show on NFL network that is about the "TURNING POINT" of each game.

Ours was the coin toss. we won it and said "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" we don't want the ball

There is a show on NFL network that is about the "TURNING POINT" of each game.

Ours was the coin toss. we won it and said "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" we don't want the ball

While I understand what you are saying, you open with your best side. I'm guessing you don't think our offense is better than our defense, especially not after last week. Plenty to complain about after this game, but this doesn't seem like one of our biggest problems.

While I understand what you are saying, you open with your best side. I'm guessing you don't think our offense is better than our defense, especially not after last week. Plenty to complain about after this game, but this doesn't seem like one of our biggest problems.

I think going down the field and scoring is way more important then stopping the other team from doing the same thing

It was proven today. They rolled us on the 1st drive and we NEVER recovered.

I think going down the field and scoring is way more important then stopping the other team from doing the same thing

It was proven today. They rolled us on the 1st drive and we NEVER recovered.

K well, that wasn't happening today, if you think it was gonna happen, you have had too much to drink. Hindsight is 20/20 my friend. Our defense is our strong suit, you start with the D and get the stop.

K well, that wasn't happening today, if you think it was gonna happen, you have had too much to drink. Hindsight is 20/20 my friend. Our defense is our strong suit, you start with the D and get the stop.

We start on defense and give up a drive of 80 yards for 7 minutes.

GAME OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who said our defense was the best part of the team?

they gave up 244 yards rushing.

You win the coin toss........................... YOU TAKE THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've been deferring all year. Haven't you noticed?

and have you figured out we have won 8 coin tosses and lost 6 of those game???????????

we have Johnny starting his 1st game. We win the coin toss, and we defer????????????

Johnny doesn't touch the ball until it's 7-0 and he has sat on the sidelines for 30 minutes of real time..........

That's bad coaching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Madden, you always defer.

OK but seriously, is your logic that JF and the offense sucked because they had to wait 30 mins to get on the field? Come on dude, we fucking sucked all day, magically had we gotten the ball 30 mins prior we would have lit it up?

Please stop already

Yeah, because Maddon is REALITY

OK but seriously, is your logic that JF and the offense sucked because they had to wait 30 mins to get on the field? Come on dude, we fucking sucked all day, magically had we gotten the ball 30 mins prior we would have lit it up?

Please stop already

In madden I always choose to receive

Please stop already

My logic is, it is WAY EASIER to set the tempo on offense, then it is on defense.

If you give up the ball and the offense goes 3-and-out to start the game, WHO CARES?????? they will get the ball 10 more times

If you TAKE the ball and go 80 yards for a TD, that might happen 1 more time ALL game

Archived