THE BROWNS BOARD

Mike Pettine press conference.....

Tacosman

JFF will be the starter next year and, you're right, if it's a total bust, it'll be over before the end of the season, but it'll also be over for Pettine and probably Farmer, too. It'll be a total blow-up and rebuild. At this point I'd rather see another competition (be it Hoyer, Shaw - I'm more than half serious - , a draft pick), but I don't think that's what we'll get.

Maybe JM will be the starter, maybe the odds are that you are correct, but there are two more, 2014 games plus a whole lotta months between now and then.

Can't see a potential Manziel bust taking down Pettine and Farmer... even if Haslam had nothing to do with the pick.

Farmer had too many hits in 2014, many of which were on the cheap.

Pettine has a whole 2nd season of potential improvement ahead of him that will include healed pieces in schemes they will come into camp knowing well.

On the other hand... if Haslam was a factor in the pick, then a JM bust just might show him he best stand back and just sign the checks.

Maybe JM will be the starter, maybe the odds are that you are correct, but there are two more, 2014 games plus a whole lotta months between now and then.

Can't see a potential Manziel bust taking down Pettine and Farmer... even if Haslam had nothing to do with the pick.

Farmer had too many hits in 2014, many of which were on the cheap.

Pettine has a whole 2nd season of potential improvement ahead of him that will include healed pieces in schemes they will come into camp knowing well.

On the other hand... if Haslam was a factor in the pick, then a JM bust just might show him he best stand back and just sign the checks.

I hope you're right about Pettine and Farmer's future. I don't think Haslam got where he's gotten by standing back though. Hopefully, even if JFF has some bad days (though please no more Spurgeon Wynn-bad days, is that too much to expect?) the progress shows in 2015 so it's headed in the direction of the Aggie promises. Secondarily, hopefully on some of JFF's bad days, he can figure out ways to help us win some of those games ala Hoyer because this team can "game manage" its way to 9-10 wins next season.

Jan.-Sept. is a valid caveat with JFF. He and Josh Gordon could have a great night with the swans. Shanny, Dowell and Johnny better be putting in some long days in Berea, Vegas, College Station, wherever starting about Jan. 5 for the sake of all their stays in Cleveland.

- Playoff scenarios to a shit ton of "hopefully" in one day. It's great being a Browns fan.

Nobody is saying JF played well. Everyone watched the game. Nothing Pettine said was going to make a difference on that end. But what Pettine said didn't come across(in tone or style) as being supportive of his 22 yo first round qb. There are ways to encourage your franchise qb after a bad start- that was not the way.

Pettine was forced by GM and Owner to start Manziel. So of course he is going to slam a kid who doesn't work hard enough to get better.

nobody knows how johnny or any player will pan out....unless they are lime a lebron james KD or AD. give Manziel TIME my God you guys will be kissing his anus if he explodes next gamw

Lol a win against the Panthers? Hahaha if he wins it won't be an anus kisisng experience it will just put false hope in those Manziel jock sniffers.

Pettine was right on the money. I was impressed with the way Manziel started his press conference but still get the impression that he doesn't grasp the NFL and he still holds on to that college success.

Of course he does. You have to give him at least one season before you toss him into the shitcan.

Archived