THE BROWNS BOARD

Mike Pettine press conference.....

Tacosman

This clown today needs to learn how to handle these things. Instead of how he answered the JF question, here is the right answer: well he's a rookie and it's his first start so we expect some growing pains. We know he's the kind of guy who is going to get in the film room and improve on those mistakes, and we have confidence he will.

I think that's part of the problem with hiring no-name rookie head coaches. Pettine realizes the last guy was canned after one year, and that there is a great chance JF is going to outlast him there. So it becomes a pre-emptive move to try to blame any failures on the rookie qb instead of the rookie coach....in pettine's case it's not going to work.

Nobody is saying JF played well. Everyone watched the game. Nothing Pettine said was going to make a difference on that end. But what Pettine said didn't come across(in tone or style) as being supportive of his 22 yo first round qb. There are ways to encourage your franchise qb after a bad start- that was not the way.

Nobody is saying JF played well. Everyone watched the game. Nothing Pettine said was going to make a difference on that end. But what Pettine said didn't come across(in tone or style) as being supportive of his 22 yo first round qb. There are ways to encourage your franchise qb after a bad start- that was not the way.

He played like he hasn't learned anything since the pre-season.

Even if that's true, a good coach looks toward th future and what he WILL learn and how he will improve now that he is the starter.

Pettine should know this, as there is virtually NO scenario in which JF doesn't become a success for the browns eventually and Pettine is a success for the browns. Seeing that, he should encourage his qb.

So basically Pettine should have lied.

Here's Mike...

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Mike-Pettine-Post-Game-Press-Conference---1214/eda74e62-43cf-426c-a189-b4fdd8399c21

EDIT: "There were plays that were there where you make a decision, make a read, throw it and we're onto the next play." - Mike Pettine

Manzier- if that is the case(and it may be) that bodes pretty poorly for Pettine. He better become a big supporter of manziel, or his future will be even bleaker.

what a crock of shit

Pettine says it like it is. Johnny needs to be a man and take the criticism and get better. Coddling is for kids.

Pettine has been honest about all the players, good and bad. No need to change for Johnny. If he wants praise, then he needs to earn it.

"Franchise QB". Did you see one today? Did it occur to you that perhaps Pettine and staff already know he's not? They have spent more time with and are better talent evaluators than you or I will ever be.

Watching Romo tonight he has learned to throw the ball away. It took him a few years to learn that lesson. Manziel will too.

So basically it only took him 10 years to learn to throw the ball away... awesome example for Johnny or any QB prodigy.

nobody knows how johnny or any player will pan out....unless they are lime a lebron james KD or AD. give Manziel TIME my God you guys will be kissing his anus if he explodes next gamw

if you think a staff who has spent the preseason and the season with a player have no indication of a players potential you are even dumber than most of your posts.

and Hoyer's June-July vs. JFF's June-July, and today's offensive plan/plays made Tim Tebow's offense look downright sophisticated, and...we'll see. The good news, lol, we can have lots of patience for the next two games then JFF has Jan.-Aug. to either improve or ride swans.

I want to wreck this fucking league. It might start this coming Sunday. JFF has the next 18 games. Wreck this league or die trying. If not (or at least making lots of progress), it will be a total rebuild from the GM down starting Jan. 2016.

and Hoyer's June-July vs. JFF's June-July, and today's offensive plan/plays made Tim Tebow's offense look downright sophisticated, and...we'll see. The good news, lol, we can have lots of patience for the next two games then JFF has Jan.-Aug. to either improve or ride swans.

I want to wreck this fucking league. It might start this coming Sunday. JFF has the next 18 games. Wreck this league or die trying. If not (or at least making lots of progress), it will be a total rebuild from the GM down starting Jan. 2016.

If the next 2 games look like today and you think he has 18 games guaranteed you are mentally handicapped. He showed NOTHING today. Not one tiny glimpse of any talent at all. He sucked so bad Id rather see Connor Shaw. Lol and I am at least half serious about that.

If the next 2 games look like today and you think he has 18 games guaranteed you are mentally handicapped. He showed NOTHING today. Not one tiny glimpse of any talent at all. He sucked so bad Id rather see Connor Shaw. Lol and I am at least half serious about that.

He'll get 12 total 4 this year, 8 next. Just like Geno, EJ, Jemarcus, etc. that is the issue when you draft a QB in the first round.

JFF will be the starter next year and, you're right, if it's a total bust, it'll be over before the end of the season, but it'll also be over for Pettine and probably Farmer, too. It'll be a total blow-up and rebuild. At this point I'd rather see another competition (be it Hoyer, Shaw - I'm more than half serious - , a draft pick), but I don't think that's what we'll get.

JFF will be the starter next year and, you're right, if it's a total bust, it'll be over before the end of the season, but it'll also be over for Pettine and probably Farmer, too. It'll be a total blow-up and rebuild. At this point I'd rather see another competition (be it Hoyer, Shaw - I'm more than half serious - , a draft pick), but I don't think that's what we'll get.

At this point meaning after one start? Jesus....it's ONE START!

That said, you are right about Pettine. He is gone if the browns don't have a good 2015, and the browns won't have a good 2015 unless manziel succeeds. And if manziel doesn't have a good 2015, he always has a chance to pull a Bret Favre with another franchise, Pettine isn't going to get another hc shot.

At this point meaning after one start? Jesus....it's ONE START!

That said, you are right about Pettine. He is gone if the browns don't have a good 2015, and the browns won't have a good 2015 unless manziel succeeds. And if manziel doesn't have a good 2015, he always has a chance to pull a Bret Favre with another franchise, Pettine isn't going to get another hc shot.

I just said a competition, not that JFF sucks and sucks forever. You could even go with "Manziel's the No. 1 going into the offseason/preseason/camp, but he's still got to earn it..." I'm relatively pro-JFF compared to a lotta people here right now, lol. If he's not good enough to clearly beat out Connor Shaw, then, um, what are we talking about here...

Archived