THE BROWNS BOARD

Lost the game in the trenches

LondonBrown

There's still lots to build on. Today was horrible but we've had injuries all year including Haden today.

Next man up has been admirable but there comes a point when the players on the field just aren't good enough. Seymour today was a joke he could barely snap it properly.

Our Qb was a ridiculous gimmicky fuckwad.

Funny how Manning and Brady dont ever lose games in the trenches. This team needs a fucking qb. They were 7-6 with a decent one who played horribley for four weeks.

Z

Next man up has been admirable but there comes a point when the players on the field just aren't good enough. Seymour today was a joke he could barely snap it properly.

Incisive...

I've already posted about how much I saw Kitchen next to Poa today. Says something right there...

On O... yeah Seymore looked lost. Folks penetrating to the left and right of him throughout the game... and untouched at that.

Not like it hasn't happened before, but frequency today made me wonder if JM's insertion changed the way line calls were being made. I'd love to see that question asked.

Our Qb was a ridiculous gimmicky fuckwad.

Funny how Manning and Brady dont ever lose games in the trenches. This team needs a fucking qb. They were 7-6 with a decent one who played horribley for four weeks.

Z

Kinda harsh considering it was his first start...

I'm not a Manziel apologist because I never wanted him on this team in the first place, but I still think he can turn out okay... just based on his talent...

I'm not a Manziel apologist because I never wanted him on this team in the first place, but I still think he can turn out okay... just based on his talent...

I ask people what talent is that they refer to. The common response is his running ability. The absolute last thing important to a successful NFL QB.

I ask people what talent is that they refer to. The common response is his running ability. The absolute last thing important to a successful NFL QB.

Just the other day we were talking about how he'd scramble too soon then just throw ill advised passes up for grabs.....which was met with the insistence that that just doesn't happen.....in fact, only 4 or 5 times in college(presumably)......though I saw it almost 5 times today.....

Just the other day we were talking about how he'd scramble too soon then just throw ill advised passes up for grabs.....which was met with the insistence that that just doesn't happen.....in fact, only 4 or 5 times in college(presumably)......though I saw it almost 5 times today.....

Mike Evans bailed out many a ill-advised throws. Very similar to Samarjdza and Stovalt bailing out Quinn at Notre Dame.

I saw zero NFL level talent out of him today. That forced circus throw into the end zone for an INT is exactly what I expected. He better quickly realize that circus monkey act won't work here. He also showed very little ability to utilize his mobility. If I were Haslam I would be very concerned with the prodigy I forced Pettine to draft.

Mobility, Extending plays, Keeping eyes down-field when he's outside the pocket, Arm strength, Throwing on the run

These are all great qualities for him. Obviously, he just didn't show much of them today...

I think he'll get better... Is he our next franchise QB? I doubt it...

There were no trenchmen today. Massive desertion both sides of the ball. But lets just blame it on the rookie QB that before the game most knowledgeable fans here thought would need a lot of defensive and offensive help to win his first game. He got 0 from either today. I think some of you have a short memory. Tell me exactly what happened to Manning in the Superbowl last year when he had massive desertion in the trenches both sides of the ball.

There were no trenchmen today. Massive desertion both sides of the ball. But lets just blame it on the rookie QB that before the game most knowledgeable fans here thought would need a lot of defensive and offensive help to win his first game. He got 0 from either today.

I expected this to be a common excuse. "They didn't play for Johhny boy!!!!, Waahhhhhhh"

This is the same fucking line Hoyer played with most of the season folks.

I expected this to be a common excuse. "They didn't play for Johhny boy!!!!, Waahhhhhhh"

This is the same fucking line Hoyer played with most of the season folks.

I call bs. Last week was one of the most dominating defensive efforts from any team in the NFL all season. Where was that team?

Mobility, Extending plays, Keeping eyes down-field when he's outside the pocket, Arm strength, Throwing on the run

These are all great qualities for him. Obviously, he just didn't show much of them today...

I think he'll get better... Is he our next franchise QB? I doubt it...

1st and 2nd mean little to an NFL QB. Keeping eyes downfield is nice. Arm Strength? Slightly above average. Throwing on the run he was never the most accurate, he was just able to make some awkward throws and receivers would fight for their QB.

What he lacks? Accuracy, anticipation, poise, internal clock, decisive and quick decisions.

He's a midget with gimmicks. Please.

Zombo

I call bs. Last week was one of the most dominating defensive efforts from any team in the NFL all season. Where was that team?

Probably would have been more effective if not on the field for 3/4 of the 1st half. Yeah, they gave up an opening drive aided by some questionable calls. It was a long drive, the offense came out and went 3 plays.

Next drive, held to a field goal while facing shaky field position, that's a solid stop. What did our offense do? Another three and out. Early 2nd we go down 17-0. Not quite panic mode, lets be smart about our game and get some points on the board, still a long ways to go. Offense responds? Manziel with a terribly late throw that sets Cincy up with awesome field position. Its all good, Robertson to the rescue. Big interception, good field position, crowd back in it and plenty of time to narrow the gap. Take what the defense gives you. It's fine, Johnny will literally throw at Pacman. Like, your receivers are not big and that is beyond an ill-advise throw.

After that second pick the offense looked out of it. It wasn't so much the interceptions, but how they came about. NO team likes it when your QB is so careless with the ball.

edit: IF the defense didn't help, where was Johnny from the Duke game? The fiery one that screamed and got his teammates pumped up? The one that Aggie fans say deliver in the clutch.

Goose egg on the board. Zero points, including garbage time, against a defense that wanted it.

One more thing that stands out to me. Anybody remember that Duke game in the bowl season? I never understood why on Manziel highlight videos you see a play included where he jumps head down into a pill of lineman, somehow is lucky enough the defense is shocked into going full Retard, then throws a TD to an outlet receiver.

That should be illustrated as one of the plays you NEVER do and NEVER get away with unless you've sold your soul to satan. Go figure, those "highlights" would entice Haslam to draft him.

edit: Want to know where that team is? Check the injury report. This defense has had a good run with backups and 3rd stringers, they were bound to come back to Earth soon. Can't leave a defense like this on the field that long. It's a pretty simple formula.

Archived