THE BROWNS BOARD

sell off the o line and front seven in the offseason...

Clevfan4life

had to stop watching this game for a bit cause this is just a Shiite mess. But what's become clear is that we don't have the personnel in place in a lot of key areas. I'm not suggesting a firesale where we sell off for shit, but we need to start shopping pretty much everyone we can get anything for. Even guys that are playing well. Even longtime Browns like JT.

Anybody on offense or defense save for our secondary...shop em!! Especially on the front seven..this just isn't working. The Bengals had 100 yds 2 minutes into the 2nd quarter. And this is the recurring theme all season. The only guy on the entire front seven I would want to hang on to is Robertson and only because he's been playing alright but we're still not gonna get a whole lot for him. Even Kruger if someone makes us a nice offer. I hate to say that cause he's one of the guys playing decently well but he's also one of the guys that someone "might" give us something for.

The front seven is just a sieve we will NOT be making any playoff push's with anytime soon. We have a window now where we have a secondary that could quite possibly be the best in the NFL save perhaps for Seattle. We're gonna waste that window with this front seven that doesn't stop the run and doesn't really get to the QB much. We need to rebuild the front now.

O line also needs either a full redo or at least a partial one. How many games have we seen DL living in our backfield? Yet another game we're seeing them meeting our QB at the handoff. That's a structural problem not procedural. Just the wrong people. And if any of you were paying attention to the announcers you heard one of the guys make a key observation that we don't get to see on the TV's.....none of our WR'ers are making moves to the open fields when Johnny was spilling out of the pocket. Maybe our whole WR corp needs an overhaul as well cause this game of all games was not one where we could afford lazy ass wr's that don't do what even D3 college wr'ers do. Maybe this is the Gordon effect that his lazy fucking ass is rubbing off on the other guys? I dunno.

We just need to get what we can. It's clear Pettine and Shanahan aren't going to get much done with this personnel. Gotta let em rebuild.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad loss made to sting even more by loss of any playoff hope, but still no excuse for knee-jerk bullshit.

O-line has needed help for weeks. Core is solid, but pieces are needed. Turns out one potential piece may have been Eric Winston.

D-line has been decimated. Can't wait to see Poa's snap count.

LB corps is thin as well.

Cinci came to play. We came to watch Johnny??? I'm guessing...

Sad loss made to sting even more by loss of any playoff hope, but still no excuse for knee-jerk bullshit.

O-line has needed help for weeks. Core is solid, but pieces are needed. Turns out one potential piece may have been Eric Winston.

Pretty much spot on

I like Mack, Thomas, and Bitonio. Greco and Schwartz are good backups, but below average starters in my opinion. If we improve those two spots on the line and then get a more competent backup center our Oline will be set.

that's 3 picks or acquisitions right there. then you have the DL to revamp. then a WR LBs and probably a QB. i don't think we have that many picks and we all know a team never hits on all their picks, as displayed today.

that's 3 picks or acquisitions right there. then you have the DL to revamp. then a WR LBs and probably a QB. i don't think we have that many picks and we all a team never hits on all their picks, as displayed today.

Well I'd like to see them do it in a combination of free agency and the draft. Probably get the tackle and center in free agency.

I like Mack, Thomas, and Bitonio. Greco and Schwartz are good backups, but below average starters in my opinion. If we improve those two spots on the line and then get a more competent backup center our Oline will be set.

Greco was having a career season until Mack went down. It isn't easy having to compensate for the man next to you. This line was the best in the NFL until Mack got hurt.

Any one between Schwartz and Seymore/ McDaniel is going to have their hands full...

Greco is a keeper.

Greco was having a career season until Mack went down. It isn't easy having to compensate for the man next to you. This line was the best in the NFL until Mack got hurt.

Beat me by that -->I I<-- much...

I highly disagree with that statement. Thomas is over rated.

Disagree all you want - I have Tour and PFF rankings that confirm we're in the right.

JT has had a rough couple of games. Hardly makes him overrated.

Beat me by that -->I I<-- much...

Game of inches or seconds whilst typing, in this case.

I understand we were one of the best lines before the injury, but we need to compensate for when injuries happen because they will happen. Our offense has been abysmal since Mack went down. I agree we have other needs too, but I'm just focusing on the Offense that put up 0 points on the board today.

Disagree all you want - I have Tour and PFF rankings that confirm we're in the right.

JT has had a rough couple of games. Hardly makes him overrated.

Game of inches or seconds whilst typing, in this case.

Ah, so. I still disagree. And highly.

Injuries are going to happen. We need to be in a better position to fill-in for those injuries. A good backup C and someone that can compete with Schwartz at RT would be good. The D-line just needs an interior Run-stuffer to prevent blockers from so easily getting to the second level...

No Knee-Jerk, Firesale, crap... that never works.

Having said that, this game sucked...

but this isn't knee jerk. You can say the D line has been decimated, but this is what we've seen from them for the most part, since opening day. It doesn't matter who we've had in there, same output. We have some guys we might be able to get something for which is why we start the build now while our secondary is still fairly young and healthy. And we can't do it all in the draft which is why we need trades. It's gonna suck to see some good guys go that you'd think could have stayed and contributed, but it is what it is. I'm not advocating getting one or two diva types like Suh who would cost us QB money...but we need to bring in guys like him.

I see guys like Orakpo and Houston available at OLB'er. With Sheard leaving "maybe" we can still hold on to Kruger and get one of those guys, but honestly if we have a chance to get both of them and continue to develop Mingo while getting another OLB'er in the draft, that's the way I'd go. Raji and Knighton are also going to available, I'd make offers to both of them. Mauleauga is gonna be a FA, Cincy will probably retain him but I'd try to get him out of there anyway while drafting a guy we sit for a year behind Mau and Robertson.....yeah I'm willing to part ways with Dansby entirely. Kirksey and the new kid, hopefully Perryman, can be the backups to some FA and Robertson. But we can't stay as we are at ILB'er. Kobe doesn't know what "soft like charmin" is...our ILB'ers are the real soft mother fuckers. Have been all season.

Injuries are going to happen. We need to be in a better position to fill-in for those injuries. A good backup C and someone that can compete with Schwartz at RT would be good. The D-line just needs an interior Run-stuffer to prevent blockers from so easily getting to the second level...

No Knee-Jerk, Firesale, crap... that never works.

Having said that, this game sucked...

not firesale....but need to start shopping guys.

but this isn't knee jerk. You can say the D line has been decimated, but this is what we've seen from them for the most part, since opening day. It doesn't matter who we've had in there, same output. We have some guys we might be able to get something for which is why we start the build now while our secondary is still fairly young and healthy. And we can't do it all in the draft which is why we need trades. It's gonna suck to see some good guys go that you'd think could have stayed and contributed, but it is what it is. I'm not advocating getting one or two diva types like Suh who would cost us QB money...but we need to bring in guys like him.

I see guys like Orakpo and Houston available at OLB'er. With Sheard leaving "maybe" we can still hold on to Kruger and get one of those guys, but honestly if we have a chance to get both of them and continue to develop Mingo while getting another OLB'er in the draft, that's the way I'd go. Raji and Knighton are also going to available, I'd make offers to both of them. Mauleauga is gonna be a FA, Cincy will probably retain him but I'd try to get him out of there anyway while drafting a guy we sit for a year behind Mau and Robertson.....yeah I'm willing to part ways with Dansby entirely. Kirksey and the new kid, hopefully Perryman, can be the backups to some FA and Robertson. But we can't stay as we are at ILB'er. Kobe doesn't know what "soft like charmin" is...our ILB'ers are the real soft mother fuckers. Have been all season.

I think you always look to improve through free agency and the draft. Unfortunately, like pitching in baseball, difference makers come at a high price and as we've seen depth is nice to have.

Present your case other then "you disagree"...... "highly"

I'll make the case that while Thomas may not be quite "overrated", he's getting close. Now is the time to shop him to a team that needs a LT. We're starting to see his decline but maybe some other team can be persuaded to give up something we desperately need. I don't "want" to give up JT, but we should see what the interest is.

I think you always look to improve through free agency and the draft. Unfortunately, like pitching in baseball, difference makers come at a high price and as we've seen depth is nice to have.

which is exactly why I begrudgingly acknowledge we may have to look to unload Kruger and/or Mugshots contracts. I wish both guys would still be in a browns uni next year, but in a revamp...who knows. And a revamp is necessary. Personnel and perhaps scheme. I dunno about scheme, I'm willing to wait on scheme cause it's possible these guys were really more suited to Hortons scheme than they were pettine's. But we simply cannot let one more year pass with this abysmal run D. It utterly negates our superiority at secondary and that makes me sick.

I'll make the case that while Thomas may not be quite "overrated", he's getting close. Now is the time to shop him to a team that needs a LT. We're starting to see his decline but maybe some other team can be persuaded to give up something we desperately need. I don't "want" to give up JT, but we should see what the interest is.

If Thomas is viewed as a top 2 or 3 LT in the league he is overrated. I agree if you can sell him now and get something legit you do.

which is exactly why I begrudgingly acknowledge we may have to look to unload Kruger and/or Mugshots contracts. I wish both guys would still be in a browns uni next year, but in a revamp...who knows. And a revamp is necessary. Personnel and perhaps scheme. I dunno about scheme, I'm willing to wait on scheme cause it's possible these guys were really more suited to Hortons scheme than they were pettine's. But we simply cannot let one more year pass with this abysmal run D. It utterly negates our superiority at secondary and that makes me sick.

Yeah Kruger isn't worth the money he's getting paid and Haden's contract is laughable. What irks me the most is the complete lack of direction in the front office.

Archived