THE BROWNS BOARD

Refs

alporcini

I'm just gonna write this here because maybe I don't understand the rules. Obviously it didn't make a difference, but it was my understanding that when the pass is behind the line of scrimmage players are allowed to: block and be downfield (linemen). We got called for both. I'm honestly asking what I'm missing there from someone.

Can't believe we are still acting like the refs had to do with this debacle

This is true but let's remember how just a few calls can change a game last weeks cheap flag on Kruger or the pass interference that was unwatchable of the final drive . Although Today that didn't even matter. These calls are going to go against the browns they have to play better and over come them. And after a while of winning they will get them. I do believe though that the nfl protects certain teams hint hint all the teams who's owners that elect the commissioner. Look it up makes you wonder

It doesn't matter but I would still like someone to explain to me why the screen pass with Cameron was illegal men down field?

He stumbled a tad too far downfield after he escaped the Bengal DT's hold?

Issue may be where Cam was... if he was beyond line as I suspect he was due to a double clutch on the throw, then the line gets only one-yard's grace.

Item 2: Illegally Downfield.An ineligible offensive player is illegally downfield if:

(a) he moves more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage without contacting an opponent; or

(b.) after losing contact with an opponent within one yard of the line of scrimmage, he advances more

than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage; or

© after losing contact with an opponent more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage, he

continues to move in any direction.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/11_Rule8_ForwardPass_BackPass_Fumble.pdf

Can't believe we are still acting like the refs had to do with this debacle

Agree... 10:1 Cinci fans are blasting the refs on some site of theirs.

Sometimes shit, sloppy play brings a lot of flags.

Last week we were robbed indeed. Today, a couple calls blew early on but it really didn't make a difference, we got whipped.

We got our name, colors, team & history back. Don't expect anything else, it's part of the deal Tagliabue made to shut us fans up.

Losers sit around complaining about the refs, the weather, the field conditions or whatever other thing they believe went against them. Winners go out and find a way to win, regardless of whatever is going on around them............. Bad calls are a part of the sport and crying about them is just sour apples.

We needed to find a way to win a playoff caliber game, at home, against not just a division rival, but an in-state rival and not only didn't we win, but we were humiliated and on a national stage no less...... Yet it was the ref's fault. Right.

He stumbled a tad too far downfield after he escaped the Bengal DT's hold?

Issue may be where Cam was... if he was beyond line as I suspect he was due to a double clutch on the throw, then the line gets only one-yard's grace.

Item 2: Illegally Downfield.An ineligible offensive player is illegally downfield if:

(a) he moves more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage without contacting an opponent; or

(b.) after losing contact with an opponent within one yard of the line of scrimmage, he advances more

than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage; or

© after losing contact with an opponent more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage, he

continues to move in any direction.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/11_Rule8_ForwardPass_BackPass_Fumble.pdf

Agree... 10:1 Cinci fans are blasting the refs on some site of theirs.

Sometimes shit, sloppy play brings a lot of flags.

Thanks, it looked clear as day to me that Cam was behind the line of scrimmage but I suppose the refs saw differently. Again, that obviously wasn't any factor though.

Will the Browns ever lose a game just because they played poorly?

While you're at it, tell us how the NFL is against the Browns, the Steelers and Ravens cheat, the city is cursed...........blah blah blah

No excuses here. We played shitty at every corner of the game. And the officiating was not great but neither is it the reason we lost. Those things are not mutually exclusive. Like these two things:

Douche Nozzle has a valid point and he sucks cock.

Simple as that.

WSS

I watched this game and I honestly don't think the refs are what hurt you guys. I was hoping and praying that the Browns would win because of my undying hatred for the Bengals, but unfortunately your team played like crap and let me down. I hope somehow you guys can win the rest of the season, I will be watching. Somehow the Browns have become the only other team I follow behind the Pats.

The refs sucked, and I only got to watch part of the fourth quarter.

Is offensive line holding a penalty OR NOT ? No wonder the Bengals racked

up so much yardage. They had to be laughing.

What the hell is up with that?

Yes, spare us the fact that the Browns, especially Broadway Johnny, weren't ready to play. More on that later.

Archived