THE BROWNS BOARD

Re-Aligning the AFC

Opal312

The Patriots are on the verge of winning their 11th divisional title in 12 years. I would like to see the Patriots in the AFC North. Here is hypothetical version of re-alignment.

AFC North

Browns

Patriots

Steelers

Jets

The AFC East

Buffalo

Miami

Baltimore

Cincinatti

It's just a thought but the Patriots and Indianapolis are bound to win their divisions every year. I would like to see Indy play the Browns or Ravens instead of the Titans and Jaguars twice a year. I really think they should re align the AFC . WHAT SAY YOU?

I don't think the browns and bengals should be in the same division. As far as I know Ohio is the only two team state that has both teams not only in the same conference but in the same division.

Besides they cheapen orange simply by existing. When you see orange in our division it should be the browns and only the browns

Exactly. What can we do to pressure the NFL into at least thinking about it. I hate the Bengals and hate that they desecrate our colors. It pisses me off every time I see them but that's not the only reason. Take Indy, they're practically guaranteed FOUR wins every year in their division. They play no one! And the Patriots, what a laugh. They get to beat the same Jets, Dolphins and Bills. And think they're Gods Gift to the football world. If Indy and the Patriots were to suddenly find themselves playing Cleveland or Baltimore twice a year they might see some competition. The fans would sure like it.

I think a logical division for the north would be:

Buffalo

Cleveland

Detroit

Chicago

But of course that would realign the whole nfl.

I'm for that too! Like before the merged the old NFL and AFL. IT WOULD BE GREAT TO PLAY Detroit and Chicago!

The Patriots are on the verge of winning their 11th divisional title in 12 years. I would like to see the Patriots in the AFC North. Here is hypothetical version of re-alignment.

AFC North

Browns

Patriots

Steelers

Jets

The AFC East

Buffalo

Miami

Baltimore

Cincinatti

It's just a thought but the Patriots and Indianapolis are bound to win their divisions every year. I would like to see Indy play the Browns or Ravens instead of the Titans and Jaguars twice a year. I really think they should re align the AFC . WHAT SAY YOU?

Just NO. You want to realign- the Ravens move to the AFC East, and the Bills to the AFC North.

If you want to kick the Bengals out of the AFC- fine- but there's no way the Lions would want to give up their historical rivalries with the Bears and Packers.

As far as balancing the divisions- things change over time. NFC West champ got into the playoffs with a losing record a few years back, and now it's a Powerhouse.

I think a logical division for the north would be:

Buffalo

Cleveland

Detroit

Chicago

But of course that would realign the whole nfl. - AGAIN

Cleveland and Pittsburgh moved together for a reason. They have an almost magical bond. Until the realignment, the Pittsburgh game was special. It was played on a Saturday night at the end of October. Hell, that's why the very first Monday night game was played in Cleveland. We were used to going to at least one night game a year - make that 2 because we had the Cleveland Press double header preseasn game on a Saturday night as well.

Y'all realize I'm remembering the 60's here

Cleveland and Pittsburgh have to stay together.

I'm with Hoorta- the Ratbirds should have been put into the AFC East. Maybe Tagliabue didn't do it because of the Bills-Jets rivalry, but it is a slap in the face to Browns fans to play Balt twice a year. Add to that the Ratbird-Steelers rivalry that developed, I think the present AFC North line up is here to stay.

The AFC South is real bland to me, nothing there seems like a rivalry at all. Two relocated franchises, and Jacksonville. Maybe they could add Miami and boot Indy, send Indy to the AFC North, then the Ratbirds to the East.

Cleveland and Pittsburgh moved together for a reason. They have an almost magical bond. Until the realignment, the Pittsburgh game was special. It was played on a Saturday night at the end of October. Hell, that's why the very first Monday night game was played in Cleveland. We were used to going to at least one night game a year - make that 2 because we had the Cleveland Press double header preseasn game on a Saturday night as well.

Y'all realize I'm remembering the 60's here

Cleveland and Pittsburgh have to stay together.

I hate Pittsburgh. I'm tempted to key every car that I see with Pittsburgh crap on it. I'd Be happy to get rid of them

I'm sure it has been mentioned but other states with two teams in the same division are the AFC West (San Diego and Oakland) and AFC East (Buffalo and NY Jets).

I'm neutral about realignment. I like who we play but also think it would be interesting if they did do some realignment.

Just NO. You want to realign- the Ravens move to the AFC East, and the Bills to the AFC North.

If you want to kick the Bengals out of the AFC- fine- but there's no way the Lions would want to give up their historical rivalries with the Bears and Packers.

As far as balancing the divisions- things change over time. NFC West champ got into the playoffs with a losing record a few years back, and now it's a Powerhouse.

Right, it is all cyclical. When Brady is done the Pats will be average or worse again.

I'm with Hoorta- the Ratbirds should have been put into the AFC East. Maybe Tagliabue didn't do it because of the Bills-Jets rivalry, but it is a slap in the face to Browns fans to play Balt twice a year. Add to that the Ratbird-Steelers rivalry that developed, I think the present AFC North line up is here to stay.

The AFC South is real bland to me, nothing there seems like a rivalry at all. Two relocated franchises, and Jacksonville. Maybe they could add Miami and boot Indy, send Indy to the AFC North, then the Ratbirds to the East.

That would make the most sense.....geographically at least.

Archived