THE BROWNS BOARD

Little Browns fans

letsgojackets

I'm trying to get my 5 yr old son into the Browns. So I thought I'd be funny and get him to watch a highlight video of JFF with "Turn down for what" in the background turned up. Before I started it I told him Johnny was gonna play on Sunday. I'll be damned if he didn't watch the whole thing. After it's over he looks at me and says "Daddy, I'm gonna play football when I'm old like you". Kids are so funny. That reminds me, I must tell him that Dalton wears girls underwear. Thanks to my father, I grew up thinking Boomer Esiason wore women's underwear until I was old enough to know better (who knows he might? :). I am so jacked up for this weekend. Hopefully this is the beginning of an era of Browns dominance. Go Browns!

I was expecting another "midget" thread.

Instead I got a cool "little" story... :)

Go Browns!

I'd take another midget thread over a JFF fanboy vs Hardcore Browns fan one. Anybody else have any Browns stories when they were little? My fondest (not really) memory was at the old Municipal stadium, I was always sat behind one of those huge pillars and I had the honor of being there when Eric Metcalf returned 2 punts for touchdowns. Guess where I was on both punts? The fucking restrooms. The old urinals were sweet. In and out much quicker.

I stil don't know what all the fuss is? Nobody calls Russell Wilson a midget. Phish has a song in Wilson's honor. Drew Bree's is the same height. Doug Flutie was more midget than anyone playing. It ain't size it's what you do with your talent. I hope he tears it against the Bengals. I hope the crowd is so loud that Howdy Doody throws three interceptions. Two to Haden and another to Gilbert.

not AT ALL how I remember them...sweet?...

More like the sewage troughs from hell.....especially when you were a kid and they were barely chin high.....hahaha

You get confused about where the drinking fountain was Mudfly? :P

lol. They certainly got the job done and didn't have to wait forever.

Yes they did....they flowed more than the Colorado....

You get confused about where the drinking fountain was Mudfly? :P

Ha!....no confusion, just fear....and a really bad smell.....really really bad.....

I'd take another midget thread over a JFF fanboy vs Hardcore Browns fan one. Anybody else have any Browns stories when they were little? My fondest (not really) memory was at the old Municipal stadium, I was always sat behind one of those huge pillars and I had the honor of being there when Eric Metcalf returned 2 punts for touchdowns. Guess where I was on both punts? The fucking restrooms. The old urinals were sweet. In and out much quicker.

Try standing when you piss. Its much faster.

Ha!....no confusion, just fear....and a really bad smell.....really really bad.....

Smelled kinda like the Brazos on a hot summer day...

I remember the old Stainless steel toughs. At least you could not get pushed into them.

Where was it that had a tile trough at the floor level??? Maybe the old Cleveland Arena???

As an adult you braced your self against the wall above it least the drunk behind you push you in.

As a kid, your Dad had to stand behind you or your shoes were going to get wet...

Smelled kinda like the Brazos on a hot summer day...

I remember the old Stainless steel toughs. At least you could not get pushed into them.

Where was it that had a tile trough at the floor level??? Maybe the old Cleveland Arena???

As an adult you braced your self against the wall above it least the drunk behind you push you in.

As a kid, your Dad had to stand behind you or your shoes were going to get wet...

I remember when the browns weren't around I needed a team to root for so (being from Toledo) I was a lions fan. My stepdad is a huge bears fan and we would go to each lions game in Chicago. So one year I'm like 8 years old and decked out in lions gear. I needed to piss and my stepdad made me go alone. So I go in and all these old drunk bears fans are just ripping on me as I walk in. Swearing and all this shit. So I ignore it and walk right up to the long steel piss troughs they used to have. Stand right in between two huge dudes and just start pissing. All the sudden they're like damn quit hating on this kid he was man enough to go in front of everyone. Then they all start talking about what a cool kid I was even though I was a lions fan. I hated those steel troughs though, I just really had to piss. Anyway that's my urinial story.

Ahh....the old arena....I only have vague memories from there...fortunately, no bathroom memories....haha....al I do remember was parking at an old mansion that looked like the adams family house....think it was part of millionaires row and was converted to a dinner club....loved that house, thats all I remember.....

I also have a memory of being at the new coliseum for a hockey game to see gordy howe play with his son(s)....and my Dad was a Mr. Clean-wash your hands-etc etc kind of guy....and we went into the shiny new bathrooms and the line was so long that everyone was just pissing in the sinks...my dad was disgusted, but gave in and lifted me up and held me so I could piss in the sink too....GREAT memories!....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wee!

Saw at least one Cleveland Barons' game every year with Dad while I was growing up.

But my best, Arena memory was the Cavs' upset win over the Bucks in Jan '73 (???). Bunch of us from Case attended (snuck in our beers in our coats).

It was the nite Kareem gave us a "one-fingered salute" when he backed off of the foul line after bricking the first of two freebies. Maybe it was the "Al-cin-dor", sing-song chant...

On the subject of little Browns fans.

Today was the first full game l got my daughter to watch with me. She heard all the kids at school talking about the phenomenon that was Johnny Football. It was kinda fun. I got to explain things to her as it was happening, nuances of the game and stuff.

And she saw a heartbreaker. Just like my first Browns game. A bond we now share.

Archived