THE BROWNS BOARD

Season Ticket price increase

Browns149

I've had season ticket since 1999.My seats are in the west endzone 1st level

They started at $30 per game plus the $500 per seat PSL cost

Then they went to $40 a game, then $50 per game. And they have been $50 for 6 or 7 years.

Now this year they have gone up to $65 per game.

I wonder how much the club seats went up?

Not pleased with that news at all. My tickets went up 33%, ($60 to $80) and if you use the payment option, you are required to buy a playoff ticket if there is a home playoff game. (not too concerned about that, but it is a fine print addition)

Not pleased with that news at all. My tickets went up 33%, ($60 to $80) and if you use the payment option, you are required to buy a playoff ticket if there is a home playoff game. (not too concerned about that, but it is a fine print addition)

where does it say that? I have done the payment plan and I was never forced to buy playoff tickets. They sent out playoff invoices last year but I declined to buy them.

Not pleased with that news at all. Is it 30% across the board? I didn't receive a notification of a price increase.

No, I have club seats. My seats last year were $130 per game. They are going to $155 per game, so a increase of just under 20%.

$25 more per game per seat....$50 a game. $500 a year. I'll see how I can cut that $500 out of travel.

I could easily do it by not leaving on Friday afternoons and spending the night somewhere in KY. My room and meal at night costs more than $50. More like $100 or so. The Red Roof I stay in runs about $80 tax included, and I'll drop maybe $30 at Cheddars on a few drinks and a couple of veggie side dishes. But....that would be a 600 mile drive on Saturday and another 600 mile drive home on Monday. I do like these weekends to be somewhat relaxing. That sounds more like a truck drivers schedule, I might have to look at other ways.

I already cut back on the hotel. I had been staying at the Courtyard the last 3-4 years, and at $89 a night I considered it a good deal. Last year they jacked the rated up towards $130 a night so I went back to Red Roof Inn. I found a decent one in Medina that if I wait foe a special net rate, I can book for $55 a night, tax included. There is a Buffalo Wild Wings and full Brown Derby inside a 150 yard walk, so it is ideal. Good price, rooms clean, rate is good and don't have to worry about driving or catching cabs. Just walk to the bar.

Once in the stadium I do drop money. I guess now I'll just drink 2 beers rather than 4 and not buy a $10 burger at B spot. That will save me close enough to cover the difference.

I did expect some increase. I guess I didn't expect a 20% increase. I was thinking around 10-12%. I will say I hope this isn't just a step and another next season. I might get priced out of this deal. Tickets is the least of my expenses since I live in Tennessee. If I lived around there I wouldn't even be considering the issue.

where does it say that? I have done the payment plan and I was never forced to buy playoff tickets. They sent out playoff invoices last year but I declined to buy them.

It didn't until this year.........go through your invoice online, and where it tells you to choose single payment or payments, there's a not below that telling you that by choosing the payment option, you give the Browns permission to take the first home playoff game out of your payment account.

It didn't until this year.........go through your invoice online, and where it tells you to choose single payment or payments, there's a not below that telling you that by choosing the payment option, you give the Browns permission to take the first home playoff game out of your payment account.

I did see it and I shot an email to my rep and he called me back in 5 minutes. He tried to tell me that they want to make sure season ticket holders got the playoff tickets. I asked him why can't they just send a seperate invoice like they did this year, and he said they changed the policy.

No, I have club seats. My seats last year were $130 per game. They are going to $155 per game, so a increase of just under 20%.

$25 more per game per seat....$50 a game. $500 a year. I'll see how I can cut that $500 out of travel.

I could easily do it by not leaving on Friday afternoons and spending the night somewhere in KY. My room and meal at night costs more than $50. More like $100 or so. The Red Roof I stay in runs about $80 tax included, and I'll drop maybe $30 at Cheddars on a few drinks and a couple of veggie side dishes. But....that would be a 600 mile drive on Saturday and another 600 mile drive home on Monday. I do like these weekends to be somewhat relaxing. That sounds more like a truck drivers schedule, I might have to look at other ways.

I already cut back on the hotel. I had been staying at the Courtyard the last 3-4 years, and at $89 a night I considered it a good deal. Last year they jacked the rated up towards $130 a night so I went back to Red Roof Inn. I found a decent one in Medina that if I wait foe a special net rate, I can book for $55 a night, tax included. There is a Buffalo Wild Wings and full Brown Derby inside a 150 yard walk, so it is ideal. Good price, rooms clean, rate is good and don't have to worry about driving or catching cabs. Just walk to the bar.

Once in the stadium I do drop money. I guess now I'll just drink 2 beers rather than 4 and not buy a $10 burger at B spot. That will save me close enough to cover the difference.

I did expect some increase. I guess I didn't expect a 20% increase. I was thinking around 10-12%. I will say I hope this isn't just a step and another next season. I might get priced out of this deal. Tickets is the least of my expenses since I live in Tennessee. If I lived around there I wouldn't even be considering the issue.

I was kind of expecting it too with Scheiner running the show now. Not quite the % amount though......should guarantee 2 more wins though.

This may seem like a dumb question but wouldn't you want the playoff tickets?

Yes but we have always had the option to not buy them, now we are forced to buy them

Plus they are about 4 times the regular season price.

And the Playoffs are around the holidays, so some people might not have the money

This may seem like a dumb question but wouldn't you want the playoff tickets?

Like Browns 149 said, the option would be there anyway. I'm not sure what the advantage would be to the Browns to make sure you have to buy tickets for at least one game. Could always sell them, but it may be a tight time frame to do that in.

Like Browns 149 said, the option would be there anyway. I'm not sure what the advantage would be to the Browns to make sure you have to buy tickets for at least one game. Could always sell them, but it may be a tight time frame to do that in.

Also, what would happen if the credit card didn't work, or was maxed out? Would they pull your season tickets for voiding the agreement?

Also, what would happen if the credit card didn't work, or was maxed out? Would they pull your season tickets for voiding the agreement?

I have no idea on that. I surely don't think you'd lose your rights to your seats for a playoff game when you've been there all of those year without one.

Did you folks really expect to pay for all of those game experience upgrades all by himself?.. Not a chance.. And he still fielded an inferior team on the field.. Lmao!... Only in Cleveland...

Yes but we have always had the option to not buy them, now we are forced to buy them

Plus they are about 4 times the regular season price.

And the Playoffs are around the holidays, so some people might not have the money

Yeah I guess that would be tough. I would hope you wouldn't have any trouble unloading good playoff tickets to the first home Browns playoff game since Jesus walked on water.

Did you folks really expect to pay for all of those game experience upgrades all by himself?.. Not a chance.. And he still fielded an inferior team on the field.. Lmao!... Only in Cleveland...

The only upgrade that I have really noticed was the new video board. I don't even know what other upgrades they have done

It still takes forever to get into the building, the food and bev prices are still way to high, and the cell service is still awful.

20 to 30 % increases especially with no prior in action is absurd. if this is all about paying for "phase one" improvements I say STOP PHASE TWO IMMEDIAYELY!! Those improvements aren't close to worth $500 a year to me. Shit I'm still feeling butt hurt from paying $3000 for my PSLs acfeecm ears back and them discontinuing PSLs a month later.

LOL, read it and please STFU about Haslam finally raising his prices. After him & Lerner holding the line for years.

https://www.teammarketing.com/public/uploadedPDFs/nfl%20fci%2014.pdf

The Browns had the cheapest seat average in the NFL. Even with a 20% increase, we're still living in slum city price wise. Care to Pay Jerrah $75 for in close parking? Care to pay double your ticket price to watch Da Bears suck?

BTW 'Peen- the Giants and Patriots are on the high side of $450 for an average Club seat.

LOL, read it and please STFU about Haslam finally raising his prices. After him & Lerner holding the line for years.

https://www.teammarketing.com/public/uploadedPDFs/nfl%20fci%2014.pdf

The Browns had the cheapest seat average in the NFL. Even with a 20% increase, we're still living in slum city price wise. Care to Pay Jerrah $75 for in close parking? Care to pay double your ticket price to watch Da Bears suck?

BTW 'Peen- the Giants and Patriots are on the high side of $450 for an average Club seat.

I know. I was looking at your link on pricing. Says our cost for beer is $5. I'd like to know where that beer stand might be.

It's a new day today. The news has worn off. It is what it is. Another $500. In the scheme of things, no big deal.

I know. I was looking at your link on pricing. Says our cost for beer is $5. I'd like to know where that beer stand might be.

Me too!

I'm not sure what our tickets have increased yet. Haven't got any info yet. They were $45, then $50 after the 2007 year.

Well I just found out my friends tickets, that were $60 last year, are now $80. That's a 33% increase.

Different areas went up by different percentages. Mine was 33% in Section 139.....60 to 80. Others were 20% increase. Not sure what the pattern is.

It's a new day today. The news has worn off. It is what it is. Another $500. In the scheme of things, no big deal.

To me what is the most disturbing is there was no advance notice about the impending increases. In the business I am in, as in most businesses, increases are sometimes a necessary reality. I however have never given an increase without an advance notice. There should have been some sort of courtesy letter along with an explanation at least 30 days prior to the renewal mailings. Hell I would like to know if they feel the increase covers both phases of improvements for example. All in all I will likely keep my PSL's and buy tickets but my voice will surely be heard.

Different areas went up by different percentages. Mine was 33% in Section 139.....60 to 80. Others were 20% increase. Not sure what the pattern is.

I think the pattern is the lower the price of the ticket, the higher the percentage. In the end, I think most everybody is going to pay $20-25 more per game.

To me what is the most disturbing is there was no advance notice about the impending increases. In the business I am in, as in most businesses, increases are sometimes a necessary reality. I however have never given an increase without an advance notice. There should have been some sort of courtesy letter along with an explanation at least 30 days prior to the renewal mailings. Hell I would like to know if they feel the increase covers both phases of improvements for example. All in all I will likely keep my PSL's and buy tickets but my voice will surely be heard.

What good would advance notice have been? And for that matter, we just got advanced notice. You don't have to make a payment until March 1st.

I think most people knew ticket prices were going up this year. We have some of the cheapest tickets in the NFL. We haven't seen a increase for 7 seasons. The team just spent millions on renovations.

I wouldn't call this unexpected.

What good would advance notice have been? And for that matter, we just got advanced notice. You don't have to make a payment until March 1st.

I think most people knew ticket prices were going up this year. We have some of the cheapest tickets in the NFL. We haven't seen a increase for 7 seasons. The team just spent millions on renovations.

I wouldn't call this unexpected.

I fully expected an increase. I sure the hell did not anticipate it being 30%. As far as the renovations perhaps they do not understand that for most fans the number one factor in the "fan experience" is the team performance. I know there are some of you who like the coming upgraded food etc but for me I could care less. When I want great food the wife and I hit a five star restaurant. When I am at a football game I could care less about gourmet food or local chefs. This may also be unpopular as a statement but I believe the PSL holders should have gotten a lighter increase than non PSL season ticket holders. All in all wtf you gonna do though.

This may also be unpopular as a statement but I believe the PSL holders should have gotten a lighter increase than non PSL season ticket holders.

Would have been a nice gesture since they were already given extra money by the PSL holders.

Archived