THE BROWNS BOARD

BronBron IS back

It does feel right doesn't it? Kinda like a certain NFL team's staff moves...

Yeah, now if we could just usher Dolan & Shapiro out of Cleveland, all would be looking up.

Mike

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that Dwayne Wade opted out today means they are all going back to Miami. So we can go ahead and move this to the Cavs forum now.

Z

Wade has LeBum hypnotized- and LeBum has Reilly hypnotized. Hey Bron-Bron your track record as a GM to date is about as good as Jordan's. Yar......

It doesnt matter to me if he does or not! However i think the chances are very good he does now! wade is old washed up heats bench is horrible and i dont see them being able to get any free agent. Rockets and Suns i just cant see i thinl lebron knows the road to finals in the west is much harder.

I say 70 percent chance he is coming back to the cavs i think the only stumbling block is can both him gilbert admit they both made mistakes!

Said he was there for the show Shark Tank. I love the way he goes about his business, never looks like a Billionare and does his own thing.

Regarding Bron returning, I just dont see it happening. Obviously it would be great to have the best bball player in the game on our team with what we have, but I dont think he thinks we have what it takes to win a championship this year. If he did return, Cleveland sports would be the biggest buzzed team in sports, even more then now.

Waiters is a 6th man at best. However Irving, Wiggins, LeBron, whoever you can pull off in a trade at PF, and Varejao is a pretty legit lineup, especially in the east.

Great mix of offense and defense, as long as Varejao stays healthy and the PF can play anything resembling defense.

If the rumors are correct (granted it's rumors) but y'all have taken the pole position. I bet if Gilbert does enough polishing, the King can return from exile.

Assuming arguendo that LBJ were to come back, what would the lineup look like?

PG: Kyrie backed up by Jarrett Jack

SG: Wiggins? backed up by Waiters (though Waiters starts initially)

SF: LeBron...backed up by Karasev?

PF: Tristan Thompson...backed up by Bennet

C: Varajao? Backed up by Haywood and Zeller

Assuming arguendo that LBJ were to come back, what would the lineup look like?

PG: Kyrie backed up by Jarrett Jack

SG: Wiggins? backed up by Waiters (though Waiters starts initially)

SF: LeBron...backed up by Karasev?

PF: Tristan Thompson...backed up by Bennet

C: Varajao? Backed up by Haywood and Zeller

They're trying to move Jack to clear out space for LeBron.

I have a hard time not seeing Wiggins start day 1.

I would NOT like them to give up Wiggins to get Love. They can move Bennett or others, but not Wiggins.

I would like both, but if it is one or the other I take Love.

Zombo

If Love and Lebron both sign 4 year contracts, I would easily give up Wiggins for that to happen.

Lebron, Love and Kyrie should be worth several shots at a ring.

Several shots at a ring for Wiggins? Yes...

Zombo

I don't see how they could do it without Wiggins. The only somewhat reasonable offer I can see is Bennett, Thompson, Waiters, a sign and trade of Deng and a shit load of draft picks.

It's beyond highly unlikely Deng would go for that and even if he did, I still would rather take the Warrior's offer if I'm the Wolves.

Wiggins would have to be the centerpiece.

I like the long term potential of Irving, Wiggins and LeBron much better, plus the Cavs would have a lot more depth (and cap space maneuverability with Wiggins on a rookie deal) without that trade. Irving, Love and LeBron would be fascinating but y'all would lose all depth you had and wouldn't have any means of picking up more depth outside of minimum salary contracts. Considering that's what killed the Heat this year, I'm not sure it would be a great selling point.

If Love and Lebron both sign 4 year contracts, I would easily give up Wiggins for that to happen.

Lebron, Love and Kyrie should be worth several shots at a ring.

Several shots at a ring for Wiggins? Yes...

Zombo

I would be really surprised if Lebron or Love signed for longer than 2 years. The CBA expires in 2017 and apparently the salary cap is going to go way up. Both would be leaving a lot of money on the table to sign past then.

If either signed for 4 years, it would more than likely be with player options for the last 2 years of the deal.

Kevin Love is the most under the radar super star in the league. He's not the guy making the top 10 every night, but he dominates when he's out there on the court. Wiggins has the POTENTIAL to be a great player, while Love is already a great player in his prime (25 years old). I still have mixed feelings on Lebron, but a Irving/Lebron/Love/Thompson/Waiters/Varejo/Bennett (assuming he doesn't get traded) instantly becomes the favorite in the East. Sign me up for a Wiggins and or Bennet and late picks deal for Love any day. Another thing is vet free agents will overnight flock to Cleveland if that scenario came to pass.

Kevin Love is the most under the radar super star in the league. He's not the guy making the top 10 every night, but he dominates when he's out there on the court. Wiggins has the POTENTIAL to be a great player, while Love is already a great player in his prime (25 years old). I still have mixed feelings on Lebron, but a Irving/Lebron/Love/Thompson/Waiters/Varejo/Bennett (assuming he doesn't get traded) instantly becomes the favorite in the East. Sign me up for a Wiggins and or Bennet and late picks deal for Love any day. Another thing is vet free agents will overnight flock to Cleveland if that scenario came to pass.

Why is Love under the radar? Because, I believe, in his entire time there, the T-Wolves have not once made the playoffs. How "great" is a guy that cannot even get his team to an 8th seed?

If we don't get Lebron, Love is gone next year.

What is sad is how Lebron has all these teams by the balls, making teams do this or that with no guarantee that he is joining that team. Something has to be done about that IMO.

Just Waiters and Thompson wouldn't match salaries and the Wolves would literally laugh their ass off with that offer regardless of how many future picks you add on. Just Wiggins and Bennett wouldn't match salaries and would probably get laughed at as well.

The Wolves have made it known that they want to shed Martin's redonkulous contract as part of any Love trade as well. So y'all with either have to find a third team or add Varejao along with just about every first round pick since Irving to just make salaries match. Depending on how much the Wolves value Wiggins, you might able to swing a trade without Martin but it would be tough.

Throw in every available future draft pick (2015 and 2017 at least, possibly 2019 as well) and you'll basically have Irving, Love, LeBron and that's it outside of minimum salary vets chasing a ring. Did it work or Miami? Half the time but it's also the reason LeBron is even considering the Cavs in the first place.

Irving - Love - LeBron would be an amazingly talented offensive core but you'll be shredded defensively, potentially have too many mouths to feed, have absolutely no cap space for years meaning you'll be relying on minimum salaries to fill out the roster.

Irving-LeBron-Wiggins plus the depth you currently possess will still be a great, if not amazing offensive team, a great, athletic and long defensive team with two legit perimeter defenders (LeBron and Wiggins) a decent rim protector in Varajao, and a deep bench.

If y'all want to win now and in the future with LeBron, you don't trade for Love.

Why is Love under the radar? Because, I believe, in his entire time there, the T-Wolves have not once made the playoffs. How "great" is a guy that cannot even get his team to an 8th seed?

The T-Wolves haven't been over .500 once in Love's career. Albeit playing in the West, but stiill...

What is sad is how Lebron has all these teams by the balls, making teams do this or that with no guarantee that he is joining that team. Something has to be done about that IMO.

0% chance the Cavs pull a trade for Love if Lebron isn't already signed.

Just Waiters and Thompson wouldn't match salaries and the Wolves would literally laugh their ass off with that offer regardless of how many future picks you add on. Just Wiggins and Bennett wouldn't match salaries and would probably get laughed at as well.

The Wolves have made it known that they want to shed Martin's redonkulous contract as part of any Love trade as well. So y'all with either have to find a third team or add Varejao along with just about every first round pick since Irving to just make salaries match. Depending on how much the Wolves value Wiggins, you might able to swing a trade without Martin but it would be tough.

Throw in every available future draft pick (2015 and 2017 at least, possibly 2019 as well) and you'll basically have Irving, Love, LeBron and that's it outside of minimum salary vets chasing a ring. Did it work or Miami? Half the time but it's also the reason LeBron is even considering the Cavs in the first place.

Irving - Love - LeBron would be an amazingly talented offensive core but you'll be shredded defensively, potentially have too many mouths to feed, have absolutely no cap space for years meaning you'll be relying on minimum salaries to fill out the roster.

Irving-LeBron-Wiggins plus the depth you currently possess will still be a great, if not amazing offensive team, a great, athletic and long defensive team with two legit perimeter defenders (LeBron and Wiggins) a decent rim protector in Varajao, and a deep bench.

If y'all want to win now and in the future with LeBron, you don't trade for Love.

I agree wholeheartedly here. Yes, Love is a great player. But giving up a potential superstar who hasn't even stepped on the floor yet for a 1 year rental and no cap flexibility just seems foolish.

This is what the owners wanted and fought for in the lockout.

Plus it's always been a players league.

If selling the farm meant the Cavs getting two rings before the ship falls apart I'd weep like a child from joy. Give me a 3 year window of championsip level teams over 10 years of "building" like Cleveland teams have done for the past 50 years.

Archived