THE BROWNS BOARD

Lechoke's About Lose In The Finals

Bills-n-Browns-Fan

I watched a lot of Cavs basketball in College and would have considered myself a Cavs fan during that time. You can't blame Lebron for leaving, but you CAN blame Dan Gilbert. Lebron needed help around him, every other superstar had a legit number 2 when they won a championship. Jordan had Pippin, Kobe had several and the list goes on and on and on. Gilbert brought Lebron a over the hill Shaq and Mo Williams. Is anyone surprised he left? Either way I'm sure it's upsetting to see Lebron win the title because Cleveland feels scorned but he earned that one and isn't the selfish individual he's made out to be. Dan Gilbert dropped the ball and you better hope he doesn't drop the ball with Irving or you're going to experience a repeat scenario.

I can't believe Scott Brooks got out coached by Eric fucking Spoelstra.

I think OKC's defensive strategy was absolutely awful.

They played horrible team D and defended Lebron like he was Michael Jordan and what happened?

He played like Magic Johnson, guess what Lebron doesn't want to play like Jordan he wants to play like Magic.

If they'd of manned up and shut down Miami's role players and forced Lebron to score he'd of eventually choked under the pressure.

The NBA of today is shit anyhow last time it was any good was in the early 90's

If fuckin Durant let a drop of sweat drip on someone he got called for a foul.

I watched a lot of Cavs basketball in College and would have considered myself a Cavs fan during that time. You can't blame Lebron for leaving, but you CAN blame Dan Gilbert. Lebron needed help around him, every other superstar had a legit number 2 when they won a championship. Jordan had Pippin, Kobe had several and the list goes on and on and on. Gilbert brought Lebron a over the hill Shaq and Mo Williams. Is anyone surprised he left? Either way I'm sure it's upsetting to see Lebron win the title because Cleveland feels scorned but he earned that one and isn't the selfish individual he's made out to be. Dan Gilbert dropped the ball and you better hope he doesn't drop the ball with Irving or you're going to experience a repeat scenario.

Really? Is it any wonder Danny Ferry left? LeBron told him who he wanted to play with, he told Gilbert to give his posse do-nothing jobs for big bucks. Nah- LeBum got his royal ass kissed from day 1 with the Cavs.

PS I just caught a whiff of the malodorous post Championship interview with LeBum, Wade, & Bosh on ESPN radio. "I'd rather win a ring with my pals than really have to try too hard."

Not only that- it's pretty obvious with 20\20 hindsight LeBum knew damn well he was outta town ASAP. But he strung Cleveland and the Cavs as long as possible with false hope- and totally screwed them in the process.

Did he have the right to leave? ABSOLUTELY. I daresay it would have been a tad different if LeBum had been from California. But he was one of us, the "Chosen One" that was going to win the city a Championship at long last. Too bad LeBum- you could have been the most beloved figure in the history of Cleveland sports. Another year or two, and you would have topped Kosar. Well, when the going got tough LeQuit got going- to Miami. He'll forever be Public Enemy #1B in Cleveland right behind Modell.

Really? Is it any wonder Danny Ferry left? LeBron told him who he wanted to play with, he told Gilbert to give his posse do-nothing jobs for big bucks. Nah- LeBum got his royal ass kissed from day 1 with the Cavs.

PS I just caught a whiff of the malodorous post Championship interview with LeBum, Wade, & Bosh on ESPN radio. "I'd rather win a ring with my pals than really have to try too hard."

Not only that- it's pretty obvious with 20\20 hindsight LeBum knew damn well he was outta town ASAP. But he strung Cleveland and the Cavs as long as possible with false hope- and totally screwed them in the process.

Did he have the right to leave? ABSOLUTELY. I daresay it would have been a tad different if LeBum had been from California. But he was one of us, the "Chosen One" that was going to win the city a Championship at long last. Too bad LeBum- you could have been the most beloved figure in the history of Cleveland sports. Another year or two, and you would have topped Kosar. Well, when the going got tough LeQuit got going- to Miami. He'll forever be Public Enemy #1B in Cleveland right behind Modell.

Wow..grow up and get over it...its a sport for god's sake. You act like he raped your dog. He was a kid. Influenced by his friends. He also was rich and irresponsible. Go figure. Gilbert was an adult acting more immature than him. And i'm pretty sure he's not too worried about being "Public Enemy #1B"...lol

The haters will hate, he broke some hearts in Cleveland. With the way sports are now a days you have to take the money early then go to a contender later. My god who wouldnt want to play with Wade and for Pat Rielly. The Heat set themselfs up for many years to come. Until someone can D up Lebron he will impose his will. The Cavs were lucky ad shit to get the hometown hero anway, I just wish people would let it go and just be happy with what we have. One last thing, if Lebron had Jordans or Kobes killer instinct, then he would win 6 more rings. Looking forward to the NBA draft now!

The haters will hate, he broke some hearts in Cleveland. With the way sports are now a days you have to take the money early then go to a contender later. My god who wouldnt want to play with Wade and for Pat Rielly. The Heat set themselfs up for many years to come. Until someone can D up Lebron he will impose his will. The Cavs were lucky ad shit to get the hometown hero anway, I just wish people would let it go and just be happy with what we have. One last thing, if Lebron had Jordans or Kobes killer instinct, then he would win 6 more rings. Looking forward to the NBA draft now!

He certainly imposed his will in the playoffs, against both the Celtics and then the Thunder. As far as what you said Hoorta you can say what you want about Lebron and Dan Gilbert and the so called ass kissing. (I have little doubt his ass was kissed plenty) However when Lebron said I need some help he brought him over the hill shaq and Mo Williams. No matter how you shake it Gilbert dropped the ball and then acted like a child. If you have a player like Lebron you do everything in your power to help him win. He couldn't do it on his own so he left for Miami and got his championship. Superstar players do it all the time and of those that stick around, they have the confidence in their ownership group and their GM to get it done. Gilbert fumbled and Lebron left.

He certainly imposed his will in the playoffs, against both the Celtics and then the Thunder. As far as what you said Hoorta you can say what you want about Lebron and Dan Gilbert and the so called ass kissing. (I have little doubt his ass was kissed plenty) However when Lebron said I need some help he brought him over the hill shaq and Mo Williams. No matter how you shake it Gilbert dropped the ball and then acted like a child. If you have a player like Lebron you do everything in your power to help him win. He couldn't do it on his own so he left for Miami and got his championship. Superstar players do it all the time and of those that stick around, they have the confidence in their ownership group and their GM to get it done. Gilbert fumbled and Lebron left.

No way can you put the all blame on Gilbert. The guy isn't stupid, and knew damn well Lebron was his meal ticket, THE FRANCHISE. BTW, some of the moves that The Queen requested put the Cavs in cap trouble- and in the process limited who they could go after. It's a two way street- did LeBron go out of his way to try and recruit other Superstars to play with him in Cleveland? Nope. Funny how when he got to Miami, it was open season "to come on down, and win a ring with me. "

No way can you put the all blame on Gilbert. The guy isn't stupid, and knew damn well Lebron was his meal ticket, THE FRANCHISE. BTW, some of the moves that The Queen requested put the Cavs in cap trouble- and in the process limited who they could go after. It's a two way street- did LeBron go out of his way to try and recruit other Superstars to play with him in Cleveland? Nope. Funny how when he got to Miami, it was open season "to come on down, and win a ring with me. "

Ah well that's where you are wrong...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181226

The problem once again...as always, is that no one wanted to go to the Cavs. The Bulls seemed the next likely choice for them to all end up at...And yes South Beach is far more attractive then the shores of Lake Erie.

The problem once again...as always, is that no one wanted to go to the Cavs. The Bulls seemed the next likely choice for them to all end up at...And yes South Beach is far more attractive then the shores of Lake Erie.

Of course Bosh didn't want to go to the Cavs- him and LeBron already had it all figured out it was time to head south- to Miami.

With 20\20 hindsight- it's pretty clear LeBron didn't want to be in Cleveland. If he did, he could have re-upped like Durant did in OKC a saved everyone the drama.

It's water over the dam- and not worth arguing about anymore- what's done is done.

Of course Bosh didn't want to go to the Cavs- him and LeBron already had it all figured out it was time to head south- to Miami.

With 20\20 hindsight- it's pretty clear LeBron didn't want to be in Cleveland. If he did, he could have re-upped like Durant did in OKC a saved everyone the drama.

It's water over the dam- and not worth arguing about anymore- what's done is done.

Did you mean water under the bridge? Because it seems like if water was coming over the dam it would be well worth arguing about...after you run for your life.

I watched a lot of Cavs basketball in College and would have considered myself a Cavs fan during that time. You can't blame Lebron for leaving, but you CAN blame Dan Gilbert.

You are full of the shit of the Christmas Goose.

Lebron needed help around him, every other superstar had a legit number 2 when they won a championship. Jordan had Pippin, Kobe had several and the list goes on and on and on.

Gilbert asked LeBron to help sign Bosh here as a FA. They could have done it under the cap.

LeBron refused to recruit Bosh. He even discouraged him from talking with the Cavs.

Gilbert brought Lebron a over the hill Shaq and Mo Williams. Is anyone surprised he left?

They were the best available that would come. What did you want Gilbert to do, rope them like a steer. He can only offer money. He did by no means chintz on money. He ain't the Dolans

Either way I'm sure it's upsetting to see Lebron win the title because Cleveland feels scorned but he earned that one and isn't the selfish individual he's made out to be.

Uhm, if your nephew had grown up with him and attended school with him since 6th grade, actually you would know that he is exactly the selfish individual he's made out to be, if not worse.

Dan Gilbert dropped the ball and you better hope he doesn't drop the ball with Irving or you're going to experience a repeat scenario.

YOU? I thought you said you were a Cavs fan. Shouldn't it be "we". You are one through think and thin, unless you are a FRAK...which exists probably worse in basketball than anywhere else. Is that what you are?

Wow..grow up and get over it...its a sport for god's sake. You act like he raped your dog. He was a kid. Influenced by his friends. He also was rich and irresponsible. Go figure. Gilbert was an adult acting more immature than him. And i'm pretty sure he's not too worried about being "Public Enemy #1B"...lol

He made a promise and renegged on his honor. Do you think "kids" are not required to have honor? Do our soldiers in the field go over to the other side when things are not going quite their way? Those soldiers are 18-19-20 years old. Do you think someone that age cannot understanc the concept of honor?

Your second guessing isn't worth spit. Just exactly what/whom was Gilbert in a position to bring in?

You act as if Kobe Bryant or Kevin Garnett or some other good player asked Gilbert if they could come and play with LeBron in Cleveland and Gilbert said "no thank you".

Just who did Gilbert say no thank you to?

No one, that's who. You are just talking out of your ass. The one guy that became availbable that Gilbert try to get to come here was Bosh. Bosh, at LJs urging is the one who said no thank you.

Well, I have heard that LeBron made no true effort. Do you really think that if LeBron had seriously purued Bosh to come here that he wouldn't come? Bull.

Bosh was a follower. Still is.

Archived