THE BROWNS BOARD

What we should do this year.Really.

DevilDawg55

Lets just put the QBOF debate away for this year. Everyone agrees that next next presents a better,more plentiful crop of NFL prospects.Cousins,McCarron, and Garoppolo are NFL ready. We can just buy one of those three. The class of college QB's next year exceed this years class. Last year we led 5 games at the half.We trailed 3 more by 6 points or less.We need defense people.Lots of defense. The only offensive offensive player I would take in the first 2 rounds is O.J.Howard. Lets see what we have in Kessler and Osweiller. We finished 30th or worse in the top 4 defensive catagories. We didn't lose last year because of our offense,it was our defense.Defense,defense,and more defense is how I would go. Lets build the team and see what we have that needs fixed.Do not mortgage our assets for a maybe.Next year we can afford to buy a couple of these guys and see who works out.If we need to.

Agreed. The D needs lots of help. A lot of help has already arrived in the form of Defensive Coordinator Williams. Now give him several more talented players and turn him loose.

With a much improved offensive line we'll see what Cody Kessler can do. He showed flashes of potential last year. Perhaps no the QBOF, but I doubt that any players in this draft can carry that label. If the Browns do select a QB I hope that he proves me wrong.

Lets just put the QBOF debate away for this year. Everyone agrees that next next presents a better,more plentiful crop of NFL prospects.Cousins,McCarron, and Garoppolo are NFL ready. We can just buy one of those three. The class of college QB's next year exceed this years class. Last year we led 5 games at the half.We trailed 3 more by 6 points or less.We need defense people.Lots of defense. The only offensive offensive player I would take in the first 2 rounds is O.J.Howard. Lets see what we have in Kessler and Osweiller. We finished 30th or worse in the top 4 defensive catagories. We didn't lose last year because of our offense,it was our defense.Defense,defense,and more defense is how I would go. Lets build the team and see what we have that needs fixed.Do not mortgage our assets for a maybe.Next year we can afford to buy a couple of these guys and see who works out.If we need to.

1) Sashi already said "no" to trading for another teams "established" qb. Washington will want the #1 overall for Cousins (not happening). And the Bengals FO is smoking good stuff if they think McCarron is worth a first round pick. Latest is that Garropolo rumor was baseless started by Mary Kay.

2) Regarding "everyone" next year- that can change in a hurry. And if the Browns improve enough with the stout defense you're hoping for- in the 2018, moving up to snag the top QB will cost a sell the ranch Goff\Wentz scenario. Or the team holding the pick won't be listening to offers- like the Colts with Luck.

3) If we use one of our picks on a qb, it's getting to be a near certainty we're taking Garrett @ #1. Even if the Browns give up one of their picks to move up for a qb- (latest NFLN rumor is they've been talking to teams in the top 8 to gauge what it would cost)- they'll still have 10 more to use on defense. And you can bet the ranch if Cleveland trades up- it sure as hell isn't going to be for a defensive player.

Every loss was due to offense. Not enough points. Making the D play too many plays. Trubisky is the pick. Garrett, if you hadn't heard, is going to jail.

You got the wrong guy- Garrett wasn't even in Cleveland. He's not that type of guy. And FYI it was Gareon Conley. Wrong position, wrong school.

Take BPA every damn pick and don't reach up the board for anyone. Let the player fall to the team, not the team give away the bank for the player. Trade down only if you are certain the BPA you have on your board will still be at the level you drop to.

Watson = trubs on my board and one of them will be there as BPA @ 12 most likely, so no QB reach is needed. If they are gone then you have a really excellent defender as BPA.

Nah... there will be a better, Defensive, BPA there at 12...

While you can't go into a draft with a board biased to one side of the ball or the other, that the D-side is where it is at this draft is undeniable.

That said... you still take a shot at a QB at some point in this draft where the value is there.... a/k/a he's in the BPA mix. I see Kaaya in the hunt in Round 3 and there's always Kelly in Round 5.

We aren't exactly "close" to making the playoffs, so I'd be completely fine with drafting defense early and often. With our first four picks, I'd go defense with 3-4, and sleep like a baby. The lone offensive selection could be used at pick 12, and that's where I'd like OJ Howard (if he's there). We could add potentially 4 day 1 starters with our first 4 picks. It could look something like this:

1. Myles Garrett, QB Destroyer

1. OJ Howard, Tight End

2. Tre'Davious White, CB

2. Marcus Williams, Safety from Utah

It might not be sexy...well...maybe it is...but it's a very real possibility if we just USE OUR PICKS and we don't trade up. "Well Jiggins, what about the QB position?" I don't love the class, and I think we can take a stab at someone in the 3rd or 4th rounds and roll with Kessler and Osweiler this year. The guy I want to draft is Chad Kelly. Not sure where he's slotted to go, but I do know he had some attitude problems and other issues that might scare some teams off. Kelly has the goods, and I think he could fit into what I want for our team.

Nah... there will be a better, Defensive, BPA there at 12...

While you can't go into a draft with a board biased to one side of the ball or the other, that the D-side is where it is at this draft is undeniable.

That said... you still take a shot at a QB at some point in this draft where the value is there.... a/k/a he's in the BPA mix. I see Kaaya in the hunt in Round 3 and there's always Kelly in Round 5.

If Trubs is there at 12, you could probably go ahead and pass on him with the thought that you could probably trade to 23/24 to get him; as not too many teams between 12-24 are looking for a qb with the exception of az but they seem to think Mahomes is the guy.

If Trubs is there at 12, you could probably go ahead and pass on him with the thought that you could probably trade to 23/24 to get him; as not too many teams between 12-24 are looking for a qb with the exception of az but they seem to think Mahomes is the guy.

Should we take Trubs, then the lower we do, the better I will feel...

You got the wrong guy- Garrett wasn't even in Cleveland. He's not that type of guy. And FYI it was Gareon Conley. Wrong position, wrong school.

How can you burst his bubble like that?

?

Trollie gold

Take BPA every damn pick and don't reach up the board for anyone. Let the player fall to the team, not the team give away the bank for the player. Trade down only if you are certain the BPA you have on your board will still be at the level you drop to.

Watson = trubs on my board and one of them will be there as BPA @ 12 most likely, so no QB reach is needed. If they are gone then you have a really excellent defender as BPA.

Agreed one of them will be there at #12, and it probably won't be Mitch. FWIW, me and Gipper have pitchers of margaritas and dinner at Maya riding on that. :)

The Niners could do us a huge favor taking Watson @ #2. Now his "I'm too good to fail" comment. I'll say this- he's sure not lacking in confidence.

Ha, Colt McCoy won a lot of games in college, Vince Young won the National Title. Need I go on? I'm with Ghoolie on Watson- way more questions about him than Trubs. He looked good on those deep passes tossing them in the same area code to Williams. LOL, the same way Johnny Boy did to Evans. Add in the velocity issue, going through progressions- so just no to DW- PLEASE!!!

Just NO!! to scattershot Kizer too.

If Mahomes is their guy, then it is because they think that there is no way in hell that MT would be there for them. And they would be right.

MT won't be there for the Browns at 12...if you are thinking that. I don't think Watson will be either.

Agreed one of them will be there at #12, and it probably won't be Mitch. FWIW, me and Gipper have pitchers of margaritas and dinner at Maya riding on that. :)

With Stan and Zombo, though I don't know if Zombo took the bet.

Z has kind of stood on the sidelines of the whole draft discussion nonsense. Not that I blame him. I vowed to do it to...but i guess I did the equivalent of cheating on my spouse.

The Niners could do us a huge favor taking Watson @ #2. Now his "I'm too good to fail" comment. I'll say this- he's sure not lacking in confidence.

Ha, Colt McCoy won a lot of games in college, Vince Young won the National Title. Need I go on? I'm with Ghoolie on Watson- way more questions about him than Trubs. He looked good on those deep passes tossing them in the same area code to Williams. LOL, the same way Johnny Boy did to Evans. Add in the velocity issue, going through progressions- so just no to DW- PLEASE!!!

Odds are, if both of those are taken,one will be a bust.

Just NO!! to scattershot Kizer too.

u rule seriously I could not agree more

I think a lot of QB will drop tomorrow

If our Mock is prologue, then they will... of course it'd also be the first time our Mock will have been prologue...

I'm hoping all the Browns' calls were to generate more QB interest so at least 2 go before we pick @ 12 so we have more good defenders to chose from. And if they have a target that is really further down the board, I am not averse to trading down for a lower one plus a pick for next year to give us more ammo to go for a real QB early in the 2018 draft.

Archived