THE BROWNS BOARD

ONE player that isn't Myles Garrett...

LondonBrown

With watching Carolina games, I come away more impressed with Switzer than Trubisky.

Did you come away thinking Trubs threw as unusually high number of "wobblers"?

The one other player that I want and think we have a realistic chance of getting is: Marcus Williams (FS).

He's the most complete FS I see in this draft and he should be there at #33.

I hope we have a shot at Adams-Foster-Allen-OJH-and-more at 12, but not sure we will.

Holy hell we agree on something.

We've only rehashed this around 100 times since Mitch declared. Unless you've been living under a rock since January, you should already know why a good number of us are on the Trubisky Train.

If Garrett wasn't in this draft, it would be pretty easy who the Browns would be taking @ #1.

It certainly isn't performance related, so I'll go with homerism

Did you come away thinking Trubs threw as unusually high number of "wobblers"?

Not any higher than any of the other prospects, they all had their share of wobblers and poor decisions. There just hasn't been any QB that has really separated himself from the rest this year, they all seem like projects.

T. Gipson RB New Mexico. 5'8 187 A Brother from another mother. 430th rated prospect.

Jerome Lane Jr. WR Akron 6'2 226. A home boy. 614th best rated prospect.

(OK, truthfully, either of these will be lucky to be even invited to a camp...but, the last time Browns brought a T. Gipson to camp, it worked out pretty well, except they didn't keep him)

Interesting stuff on Foster from an analytics based guide I have...

Metric Analysis: Reuben Foster has an average starter profile. Even without his athleticism testing and bench press. He did not hit All-Pro or Pro Bowl level solo tackle market share production. To go with being an older prospect as well. And if you think it is bright to take a linebacker top 10 who hasn’t proven he has elite athletic upside with a production profile like this then you will reap the consequences. There are legit concerns on film with Foster. But people get so wrapped up with traits, that they don’t step back to see the bigger picture here. He’s not a special linebacker. And he’s not going to be a terrible linebacker either.

But I can’t sit here and allow a player like Foster to go this high without trying to warn people. With various draft analysts comparing him to linebackers he has no business being compared to. He would be unprecedented for a linebacker with his production profile to be a multiple All-Pro or even a Pro Bowler. His actual value if he tested average as an athlete is a backup to long-term starter. But with no athleticism testing, I will not engage in an exercise of Russian Roulette with Foster either.

We've only rehashed this around 100 times since Mitch declared. Unless you've been living under a rock since January, you should already know why a good number of us are on the Trubisky Train.

If Garrett wasn't in this draft, it would be pretty easy who the Browns would be taking @ #1.

I wanted Ghoolies normal alternative personality to concisely answer. Bottom line is Trubisky is no number 1 pick in my book. A number 1 pick QB for us steps in day one and rocks the league. With his limited starts and the history of high busts we can't afford to be wrong that high. We all have opinions. That's mine right, wrong or indifferent.

Oh, yeah. That's such a big divide that the sepraration feels like it just carries over to other players.

Well since I never settled on one QB, but sorta liked several at various times, we had to come close this year.

Archived