THE BROWNS BOARD

Mingo traded to Patriots

LogicIsForSquares

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... guess we'll see if his "use" was an issue. Gotta guess Bill B & Co. see a bit of Chandler Jones here...

Cleveland Browns trading Barkevious Mingo to Patriots

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000690104/article/cleveland-browns-trading-barkevious-mingo-to-patriots

Apparently Pats' part is TBD... Unusual to see report with "trading" used.

Maybe Stork C he was going to retire if traded to Washington......so MAYBE Mingo for Stork???

Sheard sprained his MCL, and Ninkovich tore his triceps.

For some reason Belichick gave Lombardi an asst front-office role after his absurdity with the Browns. Since then Pats have picked up Sheard, Dion Lewis, and Mingo. Also, Lombardi was fired from NE, continuing Lombardi's perfect record of being fired from every job he's ever had. Winning!

Cleveland Browns Daily also reporting this. I thought it was past the trade deadline.

So did I until trades started happening... that deadline was only for unsigned, drafted rookies, e.g., Bosa.

Aug. 9: If a drafted rookie has not signed with his club by this date, he cannot be traded to any other club in 2016, and may sign a player contract only with the drafting club until the day of the Draft in the 2017 League Year.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/key-nfl-dates-for-2016-17-roster-cutdowns-to-53-players-is-sept-3/

I would love FB Develin but Pats our loaded at TE also..Gronk & M. Bennett from Bears, Clay Harbor..4 more on roster, maybe 1 that can block

Sheard sprained his MCL, and Ninkovich tore his triceps.

For some reason Belichick gave Lombardi an asst front-office role after his absurdity with the Browns. Since then Pats have picked up Sheard, Dion Lewis, and Mingo. Also, Lombardi was fired from NE, continuing Lombardi's perfect record of being fired from every job he's ever had. Winning!

Well, is or is not Lombardi now still working with the Pats? Mingo was Lombardi's only 1st choice while he was here, no?

So did I until trades started happening... that deadline was only for unsigned, drafted rookies, e.g., Bosa.

Aug. 9: If a drafted rookie has not signed with his club by this date, he cannot be traded to any other club in 2016, and may sign a player contract only with the drafting club until the day of the Draft in the 2017 League Year.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/key-nfl-dates-for-2016-17-roster-cutdowns-to-53-players-is-sept-3/

I think that is a fucking bullshit rule....it hurts both teams and players.

What is the sense....the purpose behind that rule?

Of course, this could be a situation where Bosa says: OK, I sign. By the way....now trade me. I ain't reporting. I will accept the contract from another team, but not from you Chargers.

belichick will know how to use him just watch

Yea, well, maybe. It would be typical wouldn't it. Browns can't get shit out of a #6 overall, he goes to Belichick....and starts playing like a #6 overall.

Well, a 5th round choice is better than nothing....as I think they were seriously considering cutting the guy.

He'll be pro bowler within three years

LOL.

He has had every opportunity on a bad defense in Cleveland. He's not going to make it in New England.

Role player at best if he sticks.

Zombo

LOL.

He has had every opportunity on a bad defense in Cleveland. He's not going to make it in New England.

Role player at best if he sticks.

Zombo

And M(Bingo) was his name Oh.. Amazing how one dead to right missed tackle at GB, lead to a 3rd string vs. Atlanta. Than out the Door.. Again I like this Coaching Staff :)

Fifth rounder? eh......

that's practically nothing. how many fifth rounders are impact? we have to get really lucky to hit.

i'm by no means a mingo fan (screamed at the TV when we drafted him), but damn, have to get some kind of investment on our return.

He blows, we were probably going to cut him.

He was playing in the 4th quarter of the last preseason game, that investment has already blown out the window, I am glad we salvaged something for him.

Zombo

He blows, we were probably going to cut him.

He was playing in the 4th quarter fo the last preseason game, that investment has already blown out the window, I am glad we salvaged something for him.

Zombo

Agreed. Apparently there were cap implications of dropping him, but I couldn't foresee Mingo giving us anything substantial on the field.

Happy with the return, personally.

Fifth rounder? eh......

that's practically nothing. how many fifth rounders are impact? we have to get really lucky to hit.

i'm by no means a mingo fan (screamed at the TV when we drafted him), but damn, have to get some kind of investment on our return.

That's literally not how the NFL works in any way shape or form. Mingo sucked and it doesn't matter if he was the 1st or last pick. 5th rounder is honestly more than I thought it would be.

Fifth rounder? eh......

Not many 5th rounders have huge impact. The top performers coming out of the 5th round from 2010 to 2014 are as follows:

Richard Sherman

Cam Chancellor

Reshad Jones

Kendrick Lewis

Josh Norman

Buster Skrine

Riley Cooper

Some good players, but yes, they are few and far between.

Archived