THE BROWNS BOARD

We Open Up Day 2. Who is it?

sdballis

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there is a lot of good players there, Ragland, Ogbah, McKenzie Alexander, Michael Thomas......somehow I think they will trade back but I hope they don't. Take the BPA here.

I'm good trading down 4-5 spots at least. Is that worth anything?

Jack. You get a top 5 talent at the top of the second round. If the Patriots had a pick they probably take Jack. Just their luck a beast always falls to them. If he pans out the Browns win the draft.

Whoever it is some on this board will moan until the next pick

Some? Many. I think something that is clear though, is that Hue Jackson is having a very big say in this. Over analysing things will tell you that basically you don't draft a receiver from Baylor, that none have really had success in the NFL (though JG for different reasons). Hue has presumably said "get me this guy, Al Saunders will coach him up, we'll get the ball in his hands and he'll score points"

Encouraging.

If it's DL : Chris Jones / Robinson

If it's LB : Jack / Ragland

If it's OL : Clark / Whitehair

No QB. No RB.

If it's WR: The 6 above all have higher grades than the top WR, Shepard.

EDIT: I'm amending this. Jack will not be the pick. He's got such a knee issue that teams are asking him for a medical waiver for any $$ compensation if they pick him high.

Spence, kid has huge 1st round talent and I so believe he solved his off field issues. If not him then Ragland or Jack

May not mean a thing but, FO had a private workout with Cook & M. Jack. Also visits with Ogbah, Correa, Brothers, Su'a Cravens, Vonn Bell & M. Alexander. They targeted the right candidates left at 32. Coleman was the winner of Berra visits between Treadwell & Doctson. Cook is only Berra visit of group remaining on board at 32. Pass on Cook imo, far better talent still on board.. Go Browns!! Just Glad to see a FO that may have a plan in this Draft.. Tick Tock

I really want a DB, LB, and DL more than any others right now; but, I would not go crazy if the went OL, RB, WR, or Cook for QB since we have so many places of need and Cook would be a good QB to sit behind RGIII and McCown and learn the system with no pressure. I think we might have reached a little on Coleman but he is a good speedster that can stretch the field and give our other talent some room. Mostly though, I am hoping for a DB or LB.

The Browns have a big decision to make on two "falling" prospects in Spence and Jack. Jack would have been a top 10 pick and Spence top 15-20 pick. Personally, Spence is damn appealing but I'm not sure my heart can take another guy who's a puff puff away from ruining a career. Here's a pretty good article about how he's tried to turn it around though: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15411585/eastern-kentucky-lb-sends-all-32-teams-last-20-drug-tests

If not Spence, any of the guys on this top 5 are great value picks at this point: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000657564/article/2016-nfl-draft-9-remaining-gems-left-after-day-1.

I want no part of Ragland or Jack. No question marks this year be they med or character...

Martin (C ) and Correa (LB) are two I want, but not at 32. Bidding war should net us a 4th easy even to drop only 9 spots. Personally I'd throw in a 4th to get a 3rd in return. We are then in position to move back into R2 for the second of my two.

Sashi saying they are taking calls for a trade out of 32

I'd listen. A lot of good picks there, any one of which I could live with in a pick increasing trade down. Great to be the plug in the bottleneck of 1st rounders that dropped into the 2nd.

Would anyone be happy with a Patriots type 2 target TE offense they had a while back ( Gronk and convict 55875) .....Hunter Henry at 32 with Barnie ?

how many more picks do they want this year? Just take someone ffs and than trade out if you want to load up for next year. My call is spence cause he's top 10 talent. He's a low risk pick now. We got our QB's for this year in RG and McCown backing him up....but take someone with that 2nd rd pick ffs. We need to address the front 7 badly or this is gonna be another year of watching a clown show try to stop the run.

Hunter Henry - Barnidge won't be here forever.

Derrick Henry - Biggest RB I've seen in a while.

Myles Jack - Guy was a top 1-5 pick leading all the way up to the draft.

Whitehair/Westerman - If one of them could solve the RT spot, this would be a good pick.

I'd only trade out of this spot for 2nds(one this year and one next year) and a 3rd. Or a first rounder next year.

Archived