THE BROWNS BOARD

So we gave up the chance to draft Wentz, Zeke, Ramsey, etc

recadna

He's 5' 10". With no QB and no other players he will be double teamed and shut down easily. Too short. Waste of a pick. #2 at the start and you get THIS SHIT? It is like having a ticket for a date with Selma Hayek and having Whoopie Goldberg show up.

Go spank it to paxton

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were other wide receivers we could get in round two who are bigger and better. I thought at least we'd get Noah Spence out of the draft. Man oh man it's going to be a long 24 hours waiting for round 2.

Are you kidding me??? So even after Gordon and Manziel you want us to draft Spence? Failed drug test 2013, failed test and booted from school 2014, rehab and "gets it" BOOM DUI May 15. Screw that

Please put down the keyboard, eat the spaghetti O's your mother heated up for you and brought down to the basement. He's not benjamin, he's more like Antonio Brown and you obviously forgot about the extra picks that we got that will help this team. But wallow in your Tidy Whiteys all alone with all that knowledge you seem to think you have as a NFL GM. This team needs draft picks to build on, not just 1 pick. Nuff Said.

Well, we now have a shit ton of picks- remains to be seen how the analytics guys use them. If they send us to the FARM- they'll be unemployed soon enough.

When Zeke and Bosa went off the board- I was done with #8.

Well I refuse to slate Coleman because he has yet to wear the jersey and play for us...... maybe we can comment on him next January .....until then he gets my support.......

So the Browns traded their #2 Overall and gained:

Corey Coleman

#76 overall 2016

#77 overall 2016

#100 overall 2016

The Eagles' First Round Pick 2017

The Titans' Second Round Pick 2017

The Eagles' Second Round Pick 2018

Or an entire extra draft worth of picks over the next three seasons.

That seems like a pretty good haul to me.

Great haul ........

Today was AMAZING! If they decided to take Coleman at #2 overall, being the #1 WR in the draft, I would have been okay with it. But what this Front Office did was INCREDIBLE! KEEP THIS SHIT UP!

Yo, what I found kinda cool is Paul DePodesta and Sashi Brown's names combined equal... Paul Brown. Curse Lifted. Boom!

We could have done a lot worse. Coleman is a good player that actually fits what we need in Hue's offense and obviously Hue liked him. We did not pick any QB in the first round because they had already decided they would not start a rookie QB this year and round one is for starters. There were some other options on defense I would have liked too but Coleman is OK by me.

I guess there will be a dozen of the same thread but for what it's worth I guess I'm not miserable. I've always been an advocate of a strong team making an average Quarterback look good. I have not been a wide receiver bandwagoneer. I think like offensive lineman if you draft one in the first round he should be a special talent. It doesn't seem to me like this guy special nor was he at the top of anybody's list of receivers. Well except sushi. But he doesn't seem like a punk or anything so... I get a negative vibe about the Personnel decisions so far but I suppose if you have more cards you have more chances of turning over an ace.

My problem with Personnel decisions is that we threw away some serviceable players to save a paltry sum. We didn't have to replace Benjamin or Mitch and now we'll had to waste resources on those positions that might have been spent on difference makers.

So I hope Goff and Wentz are worse than we expected RG3 is a helluva lot better than I expect.

WSS

I guess there will be a dozen of the same thread but for what it's worth I guess I'm not miserable. I've always been an advocate of a strong team making an average Quarterback look good. I have not been a wide receiver bandwagoneer. I think like offensive lineman if you draft one in the first round he should be a special talent. It doesn't seem to me like this guy special nor was he at the top of anybody's list of receivers.

My problem with Personnel decisions is that we threw away some serviceable players to save a paltry sum. We didn't have to replace Benjamin or Mitch and now we'll had to waste resources on those positions that might have been spent on difference makers.

With you most of the way, but to be fair I have seen Coleman at the top of more than a few WR lists... especially since the Combine. But my question is: is he a #1 WR? Not seeing that...

Losing Mitch has over complicated this draft, but in the end I don't think he wanted to be here.

With you most of the way, but to be fair I have seen Coleman at the top of more than a few WR lists... especially since the Combine. But my question is: is he a #1 WR? Not seeing that...

Losing Mitch has over complicated this draft, but in the end I don't think he wanted to be here.

Of course that's possible, that's the feeling I got about Mack all along. But Mitch? It just seemed to me that as a free agent it wasn't an outrageous move to test the waters.

And In fairness for that second pick we could have only gotten one of the players I wanted.

WSS

Knowing that we have an analytics driven front office and after reading, over the past week, what pro football focus had to say about this guy, not to mention the analytics comparison done on WR from Dawgs by Nature, I am more than happy with this pick. A young, fast, productive WR who has shown gradual production all 3 years in school. Most productive WR in collage football last year. 5'10 but closer to 200 pounds. People keep comparing him to Travis. Travis was more like 5'9 175 at best. Guy is bigger, stronger, and just as fast. We can grab a big body in round 3-4 to help fill out the WR group.

I can't believe some of you guys aren't over the moon about these trade downs. Coleman was for a lot of people that best receiver in the draft. No one knows how he will turn out for sure BUT his comparison that I've seen most is Steve Smith (SR). Beyond that though and more importantly the Browns have more holes than just what pick 8 or pick 2 would have rectified and your team is now LOADED with draft picks. Hue seems to know what he's doing. The complainers need to get their heads out of their asses.

We're keeping our ears warm....

But enough about us... How's Steelerland liking their reach for a man coverage CB? Better than PFF I trust...

Of course that's possible, that's the feeling I got about Mack all along. But Mitch? It just seemed to me that as a free agent it wasn't an outrageous move to test the waters.

I've no issue with testing and am on record with thinking Schwartz being worth more than KC paid him... a good bit more. But the way Mitch was planning to use our bumped offer as leverage with KC and his comments about being on a "winner" add up to him wanting out in my book.

We're keeping our ears warm....

But enough about us... How's Steelerland liking their reach for a man coverage CB? Better than PFF I trust...

I've no issue with testing and am on record with thinking Schwartz being worth more than KC paid him... a good bit more. But the way Mitch was planning to use our bumped offer as leverage with KC and his comments about being on a "winner" add up to him wanting out in my book.

I reacted the same way I did when we drafted shazier. I knew of shazier but I never expected him at 15. Now I'm elated that he's on our team as health permitting he has the ability to be one of the best in the nfl. Freak athlete with a nose for the ball. Charlie Casserly and Jeremiah (I don't really care for either) mocked him to us so it's not completely out of left field.

Two sport athlete so he couldn't focus solely on football. Elite speed, huge hands and he can catch. He's raw but unlike William Jackson III who I wanted he's only 21. Jackson is about to be 24 and the Steelers made the pick almost immediately. I'm not paid to analyze the draft and the guys that are love the guy. Tremendously high character as well, lost his mom last year and he's taking care of his 19mo old and his two younger brothers. The steelers don't really miss in the first, so I trust in the team. Mike mayock said some people have a third round grade on him, others believe he could be the best in the draft. Most had him going somewhere in the first. I saw him mocked to the cards a bunch.

Late riser...

But we agreed on Jackson III. My wife is a UH alum, so saw a good bit of him. I thought he was the best pure CB in the draft.

So much for "Money Ball Analytics" We passed on Taylor Decker, Paxton Lynch, for a shrimp like Benjamin! We could have had Michael Thomas at 32!

What makes you think that this choice was not dictated by "Money Ball Analytics". I would say that it likely was.

Do you actually know any players outside of Ohio State?

Whether she does or she doesn't, Spence....who is from Eastern KY, is one of the top rated players left at a position of need for the Browns. So your question is irrelevent, and jumping in Opals shit was unwarranted.

So the Browns traded their #2 Overall and gained:

Corey Coleman

#76 overall 2016

#77 overall 2016

#100 overall 2016

The Eagles' First Round Pick 2017

The Titans' Second Round Pick 2017

The Eagles' Second Round Pick 2018

Or an entire extra draft worth of picks over the next three seasons.

That seems like a pretty good haul to me.

Weren't there also some third round and below picks involved there? But yes, I agree, a pretty damned good haul.....as long as they don't blow all those picks. Former regimes would have done just that.

I can't believe some of you guys aren't over the moon about these trade downs. Coleman was for a lot of people that best receiver in the draft. No one knows how he will turn out for sure BUT his comparison that I've seen most is Steve Smith (SR). Beyond that though and more importantly the Browns have more holes than just what pick 8 or pick 2 would have rectified and your team is now LOADED with draft picks. Hue seems to know what he's doing. The complainers need to get their heads out of their asses.

Fair enough. But just one point: the reason we are not over the moon is because we have been here before with trade downs, trade ups....and they all have not seemed to work out. Trade down for Phil Taylor, up for TR, down for Gilbert, up for JMZ, up for Erving etc etc. We will jump over that moon when some of these guys make the Pro Bowl....or get us into the playoffs. Until then we must temper our enthusiasm. Disappointment makes one suspicious.

Even lower round stuff......yinzers take WR in round 6 that becomes an all pro, we take a guy in round 4 that can 't make it out of training camp. You get the picture?

No kidding- the only thing I don't like- is at my age (high side of 60) I might not live long enough to see this come to fruition. They parlayed that #2 pick into a boatload, both this year- and even better next. The Browns will control the 2017 draft with two picks in each of the first three rounds- and maybe an extra compensatory 3rd. If we suck (as I suspect) they will have their pick of any qb they fancy. I'll curb my enthusiasm until I see how today and tomorrow unfold.

Yeah- I would have liked Wentz on the Browns, but when we went down to #8, and Bosa, Buckner, and Elliott were off the board- that was a royal fleecing of the Titans.

No kidding- the only thing I don't like- is at my age (high side of 60)I might not live long enough to see this come to fruition.

Personally I am banking on proper wine consumption...

Archived