THE BROWNS BOARD

could the eagles have moved up for a player that's not a QB?

Clevfan4life

Goff and Wentz are not top 2 picks. Under any circumstances. I'm still aghast that both the Rams and the Eagles sold the farm to move up for them. Undestand the Rams more than the Eagles though.

In your opinion, sure. But that's the way the cookie's crumbling.

I get it, they could have told Wentz not to say shit....but if you take Wentz at his word that the eagles haven't said shit to him and the fact they just got Bradford I mean....is it possible they're after someone else?

Essentially ESPN and NFL network have told these top two team to not announce who they will take.....so as not to "destroy" the value of their little reality TV show. They feel that if the teams divulge who they are going to take that it will take away from the drama and they would have a bit of a drop in the rating. That is what that is all about. Because of this the teams do not definitively tell the players they are going to take them, because they don't want the player letting the cat out of the bag. Again...it is all for their prime time TV ratings.

Essentially ESPN and NFL network have told these top two team to not announce who they will take.....so as not to "destroy" the value of their little reality TV show. They feel that if the teams divulge who they are going to take that it will take away from the drama and they would have a bit of a drop in the rating. That is what that is all about. Because of this the teams do not definitively tell the players they are going to take them, because they don't want the player letting the cat out of the bag. Again...it is all for their prime time TV ratings.

Exactly Gip. I believe it's still on the books that the #1 overall team can start negotiating with the guy they're taking. But with the rookie salary scale now in place- there's no particular urgency to do so.

My first reaction to Bradford going crybaby, and asking for a trade. Maybe they moved up for Tunsil!!! Stop you're crying and whining!

No, you don't sell the farm for any other position other than a franchise QB.

Exactly...

BUF traded two firsts and a fourth for a WR. I highly doubt they moved up for someone other than a QB, but who knows

First, that's not "the farm".

Second, if you recall, Watkins was one of those "final piece" moves.... same as Julio was a few years before for ATL.

Theres alot of smoke billowing at my house....and Crown ♚on tap!

Theres alot of smoke billowing at my house....and Crown ♚on tap!

Grill being fired up soon. Steak & Mondavi Cab. Now if Sashi and DePo do something stupid- I may be reaching for the Crown- or Tito's- or Hennessy VSOP- or Laphroaig. :)

Grill being fired up soon. Steak & Mondavi Cab. Now if Sashi and DePo do something stupid- I may be reaching for the Crown- or Tito's- or Hennessy VSOP- or Laphroaig. :)

I have 2 gallons of Vino sitting by My desk.. I may be tempted to indulge...And yeah.. there's a bit of smoke billowing here as well.. lol!

Archived