THE BROWNS BOARD

Calfox's Ultra-Mega Kinda-like Musical Chairs Less Stupid, Whole Lot Dumb Mock Draft

calfoxwc

1. MICHAEL THOMAS, OHIO STATE.

What player is a once in several years dramatic starter addition

to the team? Not Bosa. Not even Buckner. The Browns will trade down

once again, from eight to...let's say, with Tenn. They trade down to

about 15, and get Tennessee's #33 pick. Now, of course they want the Browns to

take a later 2nd round pick of theirs, but the Browns go all Kevin Costner

on them, and they give up the 33. Now, what the freakin do the Browns do

with it? They draft a wr player that will kick ass for years to come,

a very physical wr, and faster than Treadwell....., and a tall wr.. **EDIT** one

that CATCHES THE FOOTBALL most of the time, and catches it

really terrific in traffic.............The "why"...is that Doctson

is slated to go way before the second round starts..and they want their guy.

Michael Thomas has run the 40 in the 4.4's... he's quicker to get

off the los than Treadwell, and maybe Doctson, too. He may be gone by the 32 pick.

So, all the Browns' fans breathe a sigh of relief. Now, what?

The Browns have the first two picks in the second round !

Hey, I said this mock draft was stupid, so... go with it.

2a. JASON SPRIGGS, OT.

He can be groomed to start at RT, and

even LT eventually. Great depth at both positions. Has

the athleticism, when he builds some strength, he will

prove to be a great pick here for years to come.

2b. SU'A CRAVENS, SS/LB/ROVER PLAYMAKER

In the 3-4, he'll be a ss sometimes, and other times

on passing downs, a lb.. On the Browns depth chart,

there isn't a backup there at strong safety. Be very afraid, opposing recievers.

Su'a Craven can make big plays, be around the ball all the time.

He's a hybrid lb/s who just makes plays. Very smart. Just as tall

as Darren Lee, but 13 lbs lighter. Excellent tackler, no fear.

You don't want him to be picked by the steelers later, do ya?

3a. #65 pick - T J GREEN, Clemson, FS/KR/CB

This kid should have stayed in school

etc etc etc. He needs coached up, but what a crazy talent.

Overlooked in all the mocks, some talk about him being

taken in the first round, second round. But he fell here,

and the Browns are happy to invest this pick in him.

3b. #77 pick - JAVON HARGRAVE, 3-4DE. Big, quick DE who would

scare offenses in the pros.

Round 4: No. 99, TYLER MATAKEVICH, ILB. Tough, leader, very smart, serious tackler.

No. 100, JACK ALLEN C/OG - Great depth to push the starter

No. 138 (compensatory)JERELL ADAMS, TE A great pick to develop a smart TE

with good hands and really good speed.

Round 5: No. 141, JATAVIS BROWN, OLB/SS - sure, he's 5'11',227 lbs..4.41 forty

the Browns are going to play all sorts of defensive

fronts, and this kid is a Josh Cribbs kind of football

player, especially on special teams. He loves special

team playing.Probably won't last this long...He's from the University of Akron.

GREAT INSTINCTS.

No. 172 (compensatory),JOE DAHL, OG Lastly, two developmental OG's. Low risk, high reward.

No. 173 (compensatory)ANTHONY FABIANO OG

Round 6: No. 176 no idea

Round 7: No. 223 no idea

With no trade down... I'd draft Elliot. He's a sure thing rb that would make a huge difference,

and hope Michael Thomas falls to 32, but that doesn't help the defense.

Predicting this draft is hopeless....lol.

What round would you guys think it would be safe to draft Mo in. Moritz Boehringer is going to be a beast. I don't think we can wait until the 6th or 7th round to snag him... To me, I see a playmaker in the NFL. Gotta be worth a forth to make sure we get him...

What round would you guys think it would be safe to draft Mo in. Moritz Boehringer is going to be a beast. I don't think we can wait until the 6th or 7th round to snag him... To me, I see a playmaker in the NFL. Gotta be worth a forth to make sure we get him...

He is so raw, but what a talent that needs coached up to play in the NFL. I figure some team will be able to afford to reach for him in a later round - maybe even 4th/5th round... who knows. I watched an interview with him on the NFL channel - amazing kid, loves

football - physically is the real deal. He'd have to sit a year and learn a lot, I imagine, before he could take the field.

Look at the football Terrell Pryor has played, and he's still trying to become a starting WR......

I love me some Zeke don't get me wrong, just not sure he wouldn't get run down while we're in the middle of a rebuild. Like by the time our line is worth a fuck he'd already be dinged up too hard. I just don't see him being that productive behind our line. There's only 3 guys that would produce for us in measurable ways "right now". That's Bosa, Tunsil and Ramsey. You could have added Smith in there before he got hurt. One of those 4 guys would have made the most immediate impact. Bosa and Smith would have made the most immediate impact on run defense which imo, is currently this teams most glaring deficiency. Not stopping the run affects the entire team including our offense.

A bit true. I don't like Tunsil as a Browns pick - red flag in college with dope?

and, I'm just not sold on Bosa having the quickness and speed to do

what I'd want him to do in a 3-4. Part-time OLB.

Stopping the run is a giant priority - I figured that Cravens, Matakevich and Hargraves

were three players who could seal the open rush door shut.

I was watching a lengthy video - part of it was an interview with Danny Shelton. He was talking

about how they mentioned to him not to eat himself out of the league...and he laughed....but then he started thinking

about it, and now he is in training, bigtime, and has really changed his diet, in the offseason.

My guess is that Danny Shelton becomes a FORCE on the dline, all three downs.

Don't recall a dope thing with Tunsil. He got suspended because he was paid n

eh...it's a questionable red flag. DT Nkemdiche fell out a hotel window, drunk,

with pot cigarettes... the hotel room had been trashed....

and Tunsil was there...

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2016/02/26/robert-nkemdiche-nfl-combine-interview/38500/

“There were more people in my room,” he said, adding that teammate Laremy Tunsil, projected to go No. 1 in the draft, was with him. “The hotel was in my name. Nobody wanted to take the fall. It was under my name so it played out like that.”

Doesn't mean Tunsil was guilty of smoking and drinking... it's the association that needs to be considered...

and, I'm just not sold on Bosa having the quickness and speed to do

what I'd want him to do in a 3-4. Part-time OLB.

Again I ask someone what has Kruger done for us in the last few years that Bosa couldn't? Bosa's the same side and probably just as strong as Kruger but also probably a little faster. He's overall a better athlete than Kruger, and that's right now...forget about what 3-4 years in the league he could potentially develop into. So what did we ask of Armonty and Kruger that Bosa just wouldn't be capable of physically? As a true hybrid jack type Bosa would be just fine. In fact he'd probably read the run even better from the standup, and as it is now I think he would immediately be our best run stopper on the linebacking corp based on his fundamentals which i'm sorry but I don't see out of any of our current guys.

I didn't just write all that like a Bosa fan boy and that we have to have him......if they interviewed him and he was a bitch about playing here than no fuck him.

no, you are correct - I see Bosa as a lot like Kruger...

but that's not a good thing if he has to cover on a pass play.

In pass protection - he isn't all that, just like Kruger.

If we draft him, I'm fine with it - what do I know, eh?

To me, a Kruger-like player isn't a dramatic addition to the defense.

no, you are correct - I see Bosa as a lot like Kruger...

but that's not a good thing if he has to cover on a pass play.

In pass protection - he isn't all that, just like Kruger.

If we draft him, I'm fine with it - what do I know, eh?

To me, a Kruger-like player isn't a dramatic addition to the defense.

Well Kruger is a horrible run defender, so in that I agree what do we need another mediocre pass rusher who can't stop the run for? What Bosa is though is the best run defender in the draft. At the very least he will snot bubble any TE who's not basically an auxiliary OL. Kruger on the other hand can get nullified by pass catching TE's that pull spot run blocking duty...which is infuriating.

Po, now you're on to something. Top of the 4th, if there. Don't forget the Lions may reach for a guy like this, now that Megatron is retired.

Also we already have our "project" Terrell Pryor on the roster. :)

Round 8...

Archived