THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Trade Down

The Gipper

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The #Rams traded with the #Titans for No. 1, source said

If true are we stuck at 2 now ?

Rams must be moving up for one of the QB's, do we take the other one ?

Well, if they were going to take Tweedledee, why not just take Tweedledum instead? David Carr/Joey Harrington 2.0

"Citing an NFL team executive as a source, NFL Media analyst Lance Zierlein says the Browns are not enamored with a single player who would be available with their top selection and would be willing to part with it in order to collect more draft picks."

I hope to God this is true, now more than ever since the Titans traded out. Just increased value of our #2 immensely.

Edit: the problem is our rookie FO is ripe for the pickin' by the pros as they say and I'm afraid our pockets come up empty again.

"Citing an NFL team executive as a source, NFL Media analyst Lance Zierlein says the Browns are not enamored with a single player who would be available with their top selection and would be willing to part with it in order to collect more draft picks."

I hope to God this is true, now more than ever since the Titans traded out. Just increased value of our #2 immensely.

Edit: the problem is our rookie FO is ripe for the pickin' by the pros as they say and I'm afraid our pockets come up empty again.

But, they can read a Draft Value Chart....and they can exact a premium above the Draft Value Chart if need be.

Right now, it is all theoretical. When they are on the clock is when we will tell if they can do the do that they have to do.

He has us trading down or taking someone barely mentioned to us at 2

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts/lance-zierlein/305665?campaign=tw-nf-sf24389859-sf24389859

Also he has my first 2 picks for Browns in our draft going top 10 :)

I would guess that a deal with the Eagles is already about complete. I am THAT confident that we trade down. We simply lost too many veterans and too many free agents to remain at two. Many people believe that the 49's will trade up, but that's not how their GM works. He is much too conservative. The Eagles, however, WILL trade up. And we'll gladly take their number one next year, and some other picks this year.

Whoever is left out of the top 8 'blue chip' players.

McShay got into some interesting scenarios yesterday on NFL Live/Insiders that had Tunsil falling to the Ravens at #6 and the LA Rams trading back up to #7 and grabbing Stanley (OT). Result was Buckner still available at #8.

Not the worst consolation prize... but also not a QB....

Browns Trade #2 to 49ers. (who take perhaps Goff....local boy)

Browns get: #7 #35. #142 Niners #1 next year.

Browns then have: #7 #32 #35 #65 #99 #138 #141 #142 #172 #173 #176 #223

Would not the analytics of things say that those mid round picks are a ripe commodity for their way of thinking?

Browns take Lynch #7....He is the Derek Carr of this years draft (and may be the guy they want all along.....Remember, as recently as January of this year he was considered the top QB out there.....and NO games have been played by anyone since that happened.

I would guess that a deal with the Eagles is already about complete. I am THAT confident that we trade down. We simply lost too many veterans and too many free agents to remain at two. Many people believe that the 49's will trade up, but that's not how their GM works. He is much too conservative. The Eagles, however, WILL trade up. And we'll gladly take their number one next year, and some other picks this year.

I doubt the Eagles are going to sacrifice next years first round pick to move up, but you never know. They're already minus this year's second rounder, so they no longer have the required ammunition. Just MHO.

Browns Trade #2 to 49ers. (who take perhaps Goff....local boy)

Browns get: #7 #35. #142 Niners #1 next year.

Browns then have: #7 #32 #35 #65 #99 #138 #141 #142 #172 #173 #176 #223

Would not the analytics of things say that those mid round picks are a ripe commodity for their way of thinking?

Browns take Lynch #7....He is the Derek Carr of this years draft (and may be the guy they want all along.....Remember, as recently as January of this year he was considered the top QB out there.....and NO games have been played by anyone since that happened.

I'm liking that scenario Gip.

Teams trying to move up to #2: load that offer with late round picks. Browns rumored to want more picks not necessarily highest pick offered

Yep-watching NFL Net this morning they are discussing Eagles making a move with the Browns.

Edit: I'm wondering what S.F. is up to. Anyone know?

Also they are saying the Browns are not going to take a QB because shopping the pick is the "tea leaves" that tell you that.

Could happen. However, it would be cool if they stayed and picked up Zeke.

I like Zeke, but is RB really a position you want to add early in a rebuild process?

Edit: I'm wondering what S.F. is up to. Anyone know?

Trying to get Kaep to report? or traded?

Adam Schefter & MKC are tweeting that the Browns are currently in trade down talks with one team.

Is their implication that we would do the deal before the start of the draft?

Archived