THE BROWNS BOARD

Notes and Observations from today's game

WalterWhite

Ben Tate more like Bent Taint. Crowell and West are a 1-2 punch and can finally split carries in peace without that dunce being here. I love the way these guys run and can’t wait to see them for the next 5-10 years. Both had a great game and Crowell was electric on that drive.

Josh Gordon is a freak. No explanation needed

Paul Kruger earning that paycheck

Joe Haden eating that paycheck

Tashuan Gipsons knee, lets hope that’s okay

Hawkins and Gabriel are explosions on the field.

Biotino with he play of the game IMO. Best pick in the draft. The entire offensive line looked great

Jim Dray needs to keep his head in the game

Mike Smith is a dumbass, thanks for gift wrapping us that one.

K’Wuan Williams is a DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH

Brian Hoyer -

I know, we won but it was all inspite of him, That was his worst performance of his career to me. He looked like dog shit on that first INT. He had Gordon wide open on the rollout and missed, he had Gordon open before the half and missed. He got away with 2-3 more throws that would have been picked too. Anyone without blinders on can see how terrible he was today. He missed SO MANY throws. I think he walks in the offseason to a team that’s going to pay him the 10-15 million he will want. To me he’s Matt Cassell/Matt Flynn. He just isn’t that “guy” to me. Sorry. He’s very inaccurate and I’d be willing to bet he WILL NOT BE HERE NEXT SEASON. 20-50 one week and 23 of 40 he next week isn’t cutting it. He isn’t getting a big long term contract here, sorry guys. The final drive he totally made it up for it but in all truth this game shouldn’t have been close.
The good news is The Browns are 7-4 and we have A FUCKING HUGE GAME NEXT SUNDAY

I agree with everything though I was unable to see Bitonio's play of the game as I had to listen to the game on the radio. Can't wait to get home and watch the recording.

I definitely don't see us paying Hoyer $10-15 mil a year unless he carries us in the playoffs to the AFC Championship game. Thankfully if that does happen I see Manziel fitting into this offense pretty easily, no huge dropoff.

We definitely got lucky with Mike Smith calling that timeout, don't know why he did that but that definitely saved the game for us. I would interested to see what some of the Falcons forums are saying right now.

Ben Tate more like Bent Taint. Crowell and West are a 1-2 punch and can finally split carries in peace without that dunce being here. I love the way these guys run and can’t wait to see them for the next 5-10 years. Both had a great game and Crowell was electric on that drive.

Yes! Excited about both. They looked great.....again

Josh Gordon is a freak. No explanation needed

120 yds first game. A beast!

Paul Kruger earning that paycheck

Yep!

Joe Haden eating that paycheck

He's playing great

Tashuan Gipsons knee, lets hope that’s okay

What a drag....didn't look good

Hawkins and Gabriel are explosions on the field.

Suddenly a great receiving corp, with extras!

Biotino with he play of the game IMO. Best pick in the draft. The entire offensive line looked great

Nice player. He'll be solid for years!

Jim Dray needs to keep his head in the game

Mike Smith is a dumbass, thanks for gift wrapping us that one.

We got away with one today. No doubt. The good news is that we used to ALWAYS lose these games. At least we pulled it out

K’Wuan Williams is a DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH

Yes. More depth

Brian Hoyer - He looked like dog shit ....He just isn’t that “guy” to me...... He isn’t getting a big long term contract here, sorry guys.

Ive finally come over and have to agree. I still support starting him, but dont see him as the answer long term or worthy of a big dollar contract

The good news is The Browns are 7-4 and we have A FUCKING HUGE GAME NEXT SUNDAY

:)

You forgot to lambaste a couple folks for dropped INTs... way too positive an overall vibe for a close win there, WW...

Hoyer had a bad game to be sure. Worse than any to date as in addition to the physical errors we have seen, it was a bad mental game. If he continues to head down that path he will be gone as the mental game is the only thing he has over JM.

That said, I expect him to bounce back. And based upon that alone, I'll take some action...

So what size bet do you have in mind?

I got a strong feeling that the caoching staff doesn't trust Hoyer, anymore. The series to end the first half was either horribly managed or done to keep Hoyer from screwing up.

I had exactly the opposite feeling when they kept throwing in the red zone, even though our running game was working.

Hoyer was off. Crowell was on. Yet, they kept throwing. Made me think they didn't trust the backs.

Archived