THE BROWNS BOARD

If you think Hoyer is a Franchise QB then sign here

StocktonShorts

Hoyer is our QB. Will he be here next year?

If we finish with 9+ wins, I'd offer Hoyer a good-sized 3-year deal and let him keep competing with Manziel until the young gun takes over his spot...

It's really not as complicated as some people are making it out to be...

If somebody else offers him a long-term deal at 10M+ a year... bye bye. Anything less than that, and I'm all over re-signing him... More like 3 yrs/ $24M or 4 yrs/ $30M... I don't see him getting offered much more than that elsewhere... Plus, we're only paying Manziel like $1.6 million, so it's not like we're exactly "breaking the bank" at the QB situation...

Over all. big fan. But in a close game, it's the little things that kill you. He really seems to get the best out of his players, but up against a veretran head coach, he has some real liabilities righ now. Mike Smith calling an errant timeout in this game before their field goal was the only reason we had a shot to win this game.But we're not always going to go up against someone as inept as him.

Now this is the difference - it's OK to point out obvious flaws- I also thought the clock management at the end of the half was bad. But to post 300X about this one aspect- well it would get really old, really fast.

I read and heard (before yesterday's game) that Hoyer was #1 at highest completion percentage for deep ball passes. (15+ yards)

He certainly doesn't play dink and dunk that's for sure. Although he hasn't played very good lately, I think his deep ball accuracy is actually quite good - despite what people say about it. His biggest issues have been when he's on the move or off on his footwork from what I've seen.

He's almost baffling at times, but hopefully he improves (he's shown what he can do).

He can't get a pass over a defenders head that is only maybe 10-15YDs away while rolling out left (first INT). Then he sets and throws a laser to the end zone splitting defenders and threading the needle (Austin Drop).

His last drive had a deep pass to Gordon and Barnidge that were both right on the money too.

Archived