THE BROWNS BOARD

kbndawg

Defending shit play?

We look like hell and you say headed in the right direction?

God you're embarrassing.

Yup Walter- that's one of the marks of a good team- play bad, and golly gee- still win a game. Or maybe you prefer the opposite, play great, and lose?

I stand by saying harbaugh will be coach next season when he departs from SF.

Pettine's job is 100% safe at this point- bet the ranch on it. If Harbaugh goes anywhere- it going to be back home to Michigan after Hoke gets fired. The Wolverines will offer to make him the highest paid coach in the history of college football, if he's willing to listen.

The browns have been as bad as they've been for as long as they've been because of a lack of continuity. Pettine will continue to grow in his position as head coach. You need to stop the coaching carousel at some point no?

Harbaugh will be coaching that team up north. He's not cut out for the NFL at least not yet.

I agree. I think most top coaches believe a top college job is far better and more secure then a NFL job. They have far more control over their fate.

The browns have been as bad as they've been for as long as they've been because of a lack of continuity. Pettine will continue to grow in his position as head coach. You need to stop the coaching carousel at some point no?

The lack of continuity may be part of it....but that is not all, only a minor part. Talent plays a part.

The lack of continuity may be part of it....but that is not all, only a minor part. Talent plays a part.

Yup... Having a HC who is talented helps. Along with leadership, vision, social skills, intestinal fortitude...

Vag, where exactly do you think we should have stopped the HC wheel since '99?

With the possible exception of Mangini and maybe Butch (minus the GM duties), I got nothing...

• 2 weeks later...

yes, I think being 6-4 in November with tons of starters injured is heading in the right direction. Much better football than what was seen the last few seasons. It looks rough at times but can you see Weeden making the same comebacks Hoyer has? Can you say that the team is worse now than it was last season? Can you say that you honestly believe Pettine is a worse coach than Shurmur?

Enjoying mediocrity, I love it!

You guys honestly think that today the Browns were trying to win? Leaving Hoyer in was the correct call? You honestly think th\at Hoyer gave us the best chance to win? Browns have turned their attention to next year and not paying Hoyer.

I really think that the Browns are trying to not win. Call me crazy but it looks like we have a "next year" attitude.

In many ways, "Tomorrow" is "Today" in the NFL.

Ask (former) Coach Chud

Your contention is nuttier than nuts, IMHO.

It is just as logical that The Browns have taken "The next 20 years" attitude, starting in 1999.

Think so?

You guys honestly think that today the Browns were trying to win? Leaving Hoyer in was the correct call? You honestly think th\at Hoyer gave us the best chance to win? Browns have turned their attention to next year and not paying Hoyer.

What? The browns were in the thick of it until today. What I want to know is why some of you think manziel is the answer? Hoyer is definitely shitting the bed but outside of his TD run last week he didn't exactly set the world on fire. Manziel could have come in and done worse. All that does is succeed in hurting his confidence (if that's possible)

How the fuck does playing Hoyer now lead to not paying him?

You see D like we played today and think not trying to win?

I thought Hoyer did give us the best chance going into the game. By the end of the 1st Qtr I did not, and wanted the change made. Then Hoyer guided our best drive of the game and I knew he was in for the duration.

Vag... Hoyer's mechanics were way off early. Worst I'd seen in at least three weeks. Don't know what the deal is, but he was shying away from phantom pressure. The change was needed.

Hoyer playing proves that he sucks and when the Browns let him walk that move will be justified. Why can't you see that?

Reality?

If you want to say they were trying to be sure of what they had, so they were playing Hoyer to find out, then I get that. Hell, I've even said that... repeatedly... until today.

But you seem to be saying that they knew he was bad, but played him anyway just to sour the fan base on him to "justify" not signing him. Yes?

Archived