THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in The AFC North

Zombo

Last week the crystal ball was a little fuzzy, as it was 2-1 straight up, but only 1-2 against the spread as the sadsack Steelers couldn't even cover against the Titans.

Luckily, Pittsburgh has the weekend off to think about how mediocre they are, so let's take a look at what the crystal ball says about the rest of the division:

Cleveland at Atlanta 1:00 PM

While injuries on defense make the Browns a little vulnerable, this is the week the offense kicks in with the running back situation settled, Josh Gordon returning, and a mediocre Atlanta defense that will be on their heels all day against the Browns speedy receivers and power running game. Browns rip it. BROWNS 43 FALCONS 24

Cincinnati at Houston 1:00 PM

If anything good came out of the Browns stumbling against the Texans last week, I think we gave them a boost of defensive confidence that they can beat anybody ... with Cincy and Baltimore both scheduled to make visits. Plus, a spin of the Andy Dalton suck-o-meter points to a down week. TEXANS 17 BUNGLES 13

Baltimore at New Orleans 8:30 PM Monday Night Football

One of these weeks New Orleans is going to wake up, get past the embarrassment, and take charge in their division. Why not this week with a home game against iffy Baltimore on National TV? Why not ... SAINTS 34 RAVENS 26

Last Week: 2-1 Straight up, 1-2 ATS

Season: 24-17 ATS

Didnt do too well last time, so Ill try to redeem myself today...

Browns at Fail.coms: I see a lot of offense this week. Gonna be on the Browns to win the shootout. Hoping for some stellar running and a Josh Gordon sighting(or 2). Hoyer needs a big game and it's been a while. Time for him to step up and tear the Falcons a new one.

Browns 31- Falcons 27

Bungles at Houston: Just not a believer in Dalton or the Bengals. At all. Texans looked good last week and will win at home.

Texans 24- Bungles 13

Baltiwhore - N.O: Ive been thinking all season that NO would step up and get back to winning. But they aint doing it. Some kind of disfunction is happening there. ? The Rats win another.

Ratbirds 24 - Aint no mores 17

Pittsburg - bye week: The stools stick so bad, they lose without even playing.

Stools minus -(7) - Bye week 0

Browns 31- Falcons 20

Browns will take a comfortable lead in the first half and never look back.

Texans 14- Bengals 10

Ryan Mallett and Alfred Blue will both come back to the ground but JJ Watt is a force that the soul-less Bungle QB won't be able to handle.

Saints 35- Ravens 17

NO will get up for MNF and come out of the gates firing. Flacco and Co. won't be able to keep up.

I suspect the browns get there 2nd 30+ point game of the year.

38-24 browns

Bengals don't show up to houston, 3 turnovers for Dalton

21-10 Texans

Saints kick it into gear at home, not losing 2 in a row to the AFC north

24-17 saints

It's a browns weekend :-)

Cincinnati (+1.5) @ Houston
Beware Bengals... the folks under this dome have a Defense and are suddenly alive.

The only thing that gives me pause is a potential second game jynx thing for the Texans' Junior Brady, but it's a small pause...
Prediction: HOU 27 CIN 17

Baltimore (+3.5) @ New Orleans
BLT has not lost vs. NFC. NO hasn't won vs. AFC. So why on earth after rolling over for an AFCN team that was set fall in the big dome would anyone pick NO this week? Pride... not mine... the Saints' pride.

Drop this one and the fans will be getting their "Ain'ts" bags out of storage...
Prediction: NO 38 BLT 34

Cleveland (+3.0) @ Atlanta
ATL knows what it is like to lose their Center... clearly the heart of their O-line in more than one way if you remember the 2014 edition of "Hard Knocks". (Damn that seems like a long time ago.)

We haven't had points since two weeks ago @ CIN... I expect a similar result to that game, but a JG aided one.
Prediction: CLE 31 ATL 10

Weekly Results ... Prev ..... Last ... YTD
Straight-up ......... 22-15-1 .. 1-2 ... 23-17-1
Vs. the spread .... 24-14 ..... 0-3 ... 24-17

Browns take an early lead so Atlanta has to throw the ball. Just like we did in Cincinnati!

Houston wil pummel Andy and his gang of sore losers.

I can see Drew Brees having a good day at home in the Dome. He's got weapons and a running game with Ingram. If Jimmy Graham plays half as good as he usually does then Brees can pick apart Ravens secondary.

Is this wishful thinking or a premonition?

Browns 31- Falcons 20

Browns will take a comfortable lead in the first half and never look back.

Texans 14- Bengals 10

Ryan Mallett and Alfred Blue will both come back to the ground but JJ Watt is a force that the soul-less Bungle QB won't be able to handle.

Saints 35- Ravens 17

NO will get up for MNF and come out of the gates firing. Flacco and Co. won't be able to keep up.

I like it.

i really need a browns W and 3 other division losses to help cope through the cavs blues

The Cavs won't win until they decide to play as a team. Blatt needs to act like a head coach and start benching players for selfish play... beginning with Kyrie ball hog/ no defense Irving.

But the Browns do need a W and losses for BAL and CIN. PIT is on a bye week..

The Cavs won't win until they decide to play as a team. Blatt needs to act like a head coach and start benching players for selfish play... beginning with Kyrie ball hog/ no defense Irving.

But the Browns do need a W and losses for BAL and CIN. PIT is on a bye week..

you must have not watched any games. kyrie irving is the last of problems with this team...

you must have not watched any games. kyrie irving is the last of problems with this team...

They don't play defense. Blatt is not oveseas anymore, Gotta play defense in the NBA. I don't know he they could at this point to help them in that department. They'll get better as they gel, but gonna need to play defense in the playoffs.

Zombo

Lebron came back to Cleveland to retire. Overhyped team IMO.

thats rediculous. you dont sign a short term contract an have an opt out clause after the first year if ur planning on retiring. he's chasing titles for atleast the next 5 years. wether its cleveland or somewere else thats the only thing on his mind. he knows bringing one to cleveland is whats gonna make his legacy.

Cincinnati (+1.5) @ Houston

Beware Bengals... the folks under this dome have a Defense and are suddenly alive.

So of course HOU opens the roof...

Prediction: HOU 27 CIN 17

Final: Cin 22 HOU 13 - L/L

Baltimore (+3.5) @ New Orleans

Hello Ain'ts...

Prediction: NO 38 BLT 34

Final: BLT 34 NO 27 - L/L

Cleveland (+3.0) @ Atlanta

Prediction: CLE 31 ATL 10

Final: CLE 26 ATL 24 - W/W

Weekly Results ... Prev ..... Last ... YTD

Straight-up ......... 23-17-1 .. 1-2 ... 24-19-1

Vs. the spread .... 24-17 ..... 1-2 ... 25-19

Luckily, Pittsburgh has the weekend off to think about how mediocre they are. . . .

Enjoy the week off from thinking about PIT and try to forget that PIT is 5th in yards per game and 7th in points per game, and when they play again they will have all of their starters back on defense inclusing Taylor, Polamalu, and Shazier.

The AFC North is all about PIT and CIN from here on out coz they are the #3 and #5 seeds that will be playing each other twice in the final four weeks.

BAL will lose at NO coz da Saints will not lose 3 in a row on their home carpet.

CLE winning 2 or 3 out of their last five will not be enough to make the playoffs.

So, better luck next year and please don't fire the coaching staff and the starting QB again.

Right, so because the Bengals and Steelers will take games off each other, the Browns are out of it? Not sure your logic works. If either sweeps, they have an excellent chance of winning the division. But the other will be out of it.

Looking at our division and the games we have left, Im guessing it will take 11-5 for us to win it all. Any less and we tie(and likely lose out) on the WC or Div title...

So the best way to ensure our chances is just to win 4 out of the last 5 .... ....thats all.... :)

Enjoy the week off from thinking about PIT and try to forget that PIT is 5th in yards per game and 7th in points per game, and when they play again they will have all of their starters back on defense inclusing Taylor, Polamalu, and Shazier.

The AFC North is all about PIT and CIN from here on out coz they are the #3 and #5 seeds that will be playing each other twice in the final four weeks.

BAL will lose at NO coz da Saints will not lose 3 in a row on their home carpet.

CLE winning 2 or 3 out of their last five will not be enough to make the playoffs.

So, better luck next year and please don't fire the coaching staff and the starting QB again.

Oh no! Their 40 year old defensive backs are going to be healthy!

Wish we would have got them once with Josh.

Zombo

Oh no! Their 40 year old defensive backs are going to be healthy!

Wish we would have got them once with Josh.

Zombo

Check, if I were the OCs of any of the Steelers forthcoming opponents, I would be overjoyed that their "starters" are coming back. The backups have played much better for them.

The problem is that the Steelers fans have no clue what their real advantage is: They have BR, and the Bengals have Andy Dalton.

No more need be said, and any Steeler fan that doesn't recognize that is what Steeler fans usually are: stupid.

Archived