THE BROWNS BOARD

How many games would we have to lose before you bench Hoyer

Adoug319

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

today was your breaking point?

seems like if someone dropped a glass in china it'd be your breaking point.

Where you been man?

Walter is channeling all his negative energy Hoyer's way today...

Hasn't even mentioned a couple dropped INTs we would have had if whomever dropped them had not been taking plays off as they got paid this week... or something...

Or any dropped passes...

We won this ball game inspite of Hoyer. He was hot garbage today, if you can't see that you're visually impaired.

The entire team played really well today minus Brian, he even said so himself after the game.

I'm not even calling for Manziel to start but Brian was dogshit today. Nothing with observing that.

oh he sucked donkey balls today for the most part from what i can tell. i know there were a ton of incompletions and 3 picks but i really haven't been able to sit down and watch the replay.

if we were losing by 30 we might have seen a glimpse of johnny but i guess it was close. i question the play calling in the end zone. i'm looking at a couple of long runs into the red zone. crowell had punched it in before, why throw the ball?

yes, i was very disappointed in hoyer's play but the highlights of his last drive squash all that with the win.

Where you been man?

Walter is channeling all his negative energy Hoyer's way today...

Hasn't even mentioned a couple dropped INTs we would have had if whomever dropped them had not been taking plays off as they got paid this week... or something...

Or any dropped passes...

2nd sunday of kissing potential client ass. must have been wild in the tavern.

i'm going to watch the game when the wife hits the hay. now it's time for a friggin drink.

Left tackle Joe Thomas wasn't worried about his quarterback. On that drive, he knew the receivers just had to catch Hoyer's clean passes.

"Even though he hadn't played up to his ability because of the interceptions up to that point, we knew he was going to throw to the right guy," Thomas said. "That's something you see in great quarterbacks. They have maybe three-in-a-row bad plays, but in their mind, they are 100 percent sure the next play is a touchdown throw. That's what he has and that's what special about him."

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/9940/brian-hoyer-showing-qualties-of-great-quarterbacks-joe-thomas-says

Thinks I'll take it from a Pro Bowl Player versus those of us on here that have never played in the NFL.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/9940/brian-hoyer-showing-qualties-of-great-quarterbacks-joe-thomas-says

Thinks I'll take it from a Pro Bowl versus those of us on here that have never played in the NFL.

I'd typically agree with you but what is Thomas supposed to say? I think everyone learned from RG3

If Brian manages the game like he did the first few weeks of the season and Shanahan leans more on the run, ESPECIALLY when it's working, then we will be in every game for the rest of the season.

Our defense has found ways to overcome injuries, and they're going to have to keep on doing it, and that may be the deciding factor on us making the playoffs or not.

Thinks I'll take it from a Pro Bowl versus those of us on here that have never played in the NFL.

No Pro Bowls here, but I did post this in the Tavern after we got the ball on the 20...

"over the middle time over the middle time over the middle time kick FG... we got this... book it"

Pretty proud cause it was my first "book it"...

We have to carry the momentum and punch buffalo in the semen guzzler

Attaboy...

No Pro Bowls here, but I did post this in the Tavern after we got the ball on the 20...

"over the middle time over the middle time over the middle time kick FG... we got this... book it"

Attaboy...

Pro Bowl Player - had to edit that one :)

Sadly, I had to give up on the Tavern as my feed for the game is a play or two behind . . . kind of mucks things up.

Attaboy...

You did say it. I was there and we're 7-4 and as I said at the end of the game....all you negative motherfuckers can kiss my ass.

Attaboy...

That's what I kept yelling at BB bar, "We Got This" ... and I got louder after every reception. Then spiked a football into the crowd after the game and walked away ... to the bar to get a victory beer.

Zombo

--We had them right where we wanted them

I was there and saw it too.....and you nailed it! :)

And usually Im one of the guys saying all those things too..... but I was so pissed yesterday....so stinking freaking angry(which is rare).....that I couldn't even imagine us pulling it out, let alone have faith that we would.

50 lashes for me.....I will revert back to reserving judgement until AFTER the final whistle....

I am so ashamed.

I am so ashamed.

HA!

didn't get to see the game live but watched it last night in the confines of my den. thought i was going to wake up the wife let alone the neighborhood with the way the browns played offense. i get the short passes but when the other team is sitting on that ALL game long WTF? then forcing the ball downfield? some terrible decisions by hoyer and shanahan.

hey we got the win as fans so i'm happy for now, leary at what the rest of the season holds if the offense can't fine tune it's execution.

Mentioned this last week, but just now remembered.

Last week took a hit that nearly took his head off - I mentioned he may have gotten a Concussion from that hit, but would he risk reporting it?

So, did he actually get concussed from that?

Was he suffering some effects from it yesterday?

I don't have the answer, but it's something else to think about.

Really ugly game on so many levels, I'm just glad for the win.

Mentioned this last week, but just now remembered.

Last week took a hit that nearly took his head off - I mentioned he may have gotten a Concussion from that hit, but would he risk reporting it?

So, did he actually get concussed from that?

Was he suffering some effects from it yesterday?

Really ugly game on so many levels, I'm just glad for the win.

Valid thought, though there's no reason to believe thats the case.

If that were true, then wouldnt he be placing his personal objectives ahead of the team?

And wouldn't that also be an admission that he's "afraid" to come out of a game??

And IF he's afraid to come out, is it because he doesn't have confidence in himself or is it that he thinks JFF will do better?

Disclaimer:(please comprehend) All hypothetical simply based upon the one scenario proposed.

Valid thought, though there's no reason to believe thats the case.

If that were true, then wouldnt he be placing his personal objectives ahead of the team?

And wouldn't that also be an admission that he's "afraid" to come out of a game??

And IF he's afraid to come out, is it because he doesn't have confidence in himself or is it that he thinks JFF will do better?

Afraid or not, sadly, with all the hoopla and JFF banter bouncing around, I really don't think he want's to come out for any reason.

I think the only way Hoyer comes off the field is by carrying him off.

Afraid or not, sadly, with all the hoopla and JFF banter bouncing around, I really don't think he want's to come out for any reason.

I think the only way Hoyer comes off the field is by carrying him off.

I agree. No doubt he doesn't want to come out. And he's a true competitor, which is reason enough. But.....

And if you really believed your love boy would be all that and a bag of nuts you would take the sure bet about he and Tebow and be happy to wait on the second one! Wouldn't you?

Yes, there are concerns by many Browns fans that JTMZ could turn out like Tebow: an overhyped college start. Though nearly all scouts have said that Johnny is a much better passer.

Tebow, of course, had one glorious moment. He was the NFL's "Kurgan". "It's better to burn out than to fade away".

Archived