THE BROWNS BOARD

How many games would we have to lose before you bench Hoyer

Adoug319

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't know. do you bench eli manning? how about alex smith with his team losing to a team that hasn't won a game in a year? peyton manning for losing to the rams. THE RAMS!!!

they should all be cut!

i want manziel to go in if we do lose. and when it doesn't work you can all eat shit. and all the JF fans can pack it up and we can move on.

I'm just gonna trust the folks who pull the strings. They know a hell of a lot more than we do. As a Browns Fan, I will support any & all players they see fit to play.

Th, th, th, that's all folks!

Mike

I'm just gonna trust the folks who pull the strings. They know a hell of a lot more than we do. As a Browns Fan, I will support any & all players they see fit to play.

Th, th, th, that's all folks!

Mike

+1 on that.

It happens when it happens and I'll be rootin for whoevers playing.

Lets be honest, Pettine has said several times they want to and will see JFF this year. And things were going good, so they hadn't seen an appropriate opportunity yet. So, I dont know what a good opportunity for them is, but 500, falling out of PO contention or just several off games in a row might qualify....

i don't know. do you bench eli manning? how about alex smith with his team losing to a team that hasn't won a game in a year? peyton manning for losing to the rams. THE RAMS!!!

they should all be cut!

i want manziel to go in if we do lose. and when it doesn't work you can all eat shit. and all the JF fans can pack it up and we can move on.

If it were me yes I bench Eli manning if I had one of the most prolific college QB of all time which I also drafted in the first round of the draft waiting to come in. But since the giants dont have one of those they really have no choice but to play the god awful QB that is Eli. We do have one of those and because the team keeps winning we arent using him. Notice I said the team not Hoyer. We need to get off this HE'S A WINNER crap and see what we have in Manziel. One more crap game is enough for me to see a change.

Moving on to Alex Smith......... Yes you bench him also if you have a high drafted QB sitting behind him too....... Oh wait that has already been done to him. So yes if I were KC and I had Manziel behind Alex you bet your ass I would give him a shot. Oh ya thats right but Alex Smith is A WINNER. That is the dumbest statement I've ever heard when it comes to QB in the NFL. just stupid and should have been put to bed the second Tebow was drafted.

Peyton Manning................................ Umm pretty much the best QB to ever play the game still playing at the top of his game. You would be foolish to do so.

With all this said.... I cant wait till Manziel goes in and we all see that ya maybe he is not peyton Manning but is way better thats right WAY better than Hoyer then all you Hoyer is awesome peeps can all eat shit. Starting with you cuz you might be blinded the most of all by Hoyers mediocracy. That will be a great day!!!

If it were me yes I bench Eli manning if I had one of the most prolific college QB of all time which I also drafted in the first round of the draft waiting to come in. But since the giants dont have one of those they really have no choice but to play the god awful QB that is Eli. We do have one of those and because the team keeps winning we arent using him. Notice I said the team not Hoyer. We need to get off this HE'S A WINNER crap and see what we have in Manziel. One more crap game is enough for me to see a change.

Moving on to Alex Smith......... Yes you bench him also if you have a high drafted QB sitting behind him too....... Oh wait that has already been done to him. So yes if I were KC and I had Manziel behind Alex you bet your ass I would give him a shot. Oh ya thats right but Alex Smith is A WINNER. That is the dumbest statement I've ever heard when it comes to QB in the NFL. just stupid and should have been put to bed the second Tebow was drafted.

Peyton Manning................................ Umm pretty much the best QB to ever play the game still playing at the top of his game. You would be foolish to do so.

With all this said.... I cant wait till Manziel goes in and we all see that ya maybe he is not peyton Manning but is way better thats right WAY better than Hoyer then all you Hoyer is awesome peeps can all eat shit. Starting with you cuz you might be blinded the most of all by Hoyers mediocracy. That will be a great day!!!

my point exactly of who the true browns fans are and who are not. i guess leading a team to it's best record in 7 years counts for nothing? the fact that he (hoyer) has a decimated OL and the DL also. can't run. can't stop the run. but he is to blame for all that is bad in cleveland brown town.

if JF comes in and leads us to the promised land then i will bow down to the almighty SIR BARKSALOT and give mad cred. until then i got a six pack that says JF ain't shit and won't win shit this year. you game 'lil boy?

my point exactly of who the true browns fans are and who are not. i guess leading a team to it's best record in 7 years counts for nothing? the fact that he (hoyer) has a decimated OL and the DL also. can't run. can't stop the run. but he is to blame for all that is bad in cleveland brown town.

if JF comes in and leads us to the promised land then i will bow down to the almighty SIR BARKSALOT and give mad cred. until then i got a six pack that says JF ain't shit and won't win shit this year. you game 'lil boy?

Based on how he writes you might have to settle for a six pack of ginger ale. Oh ya thats right...

We need to get off this HE'S A WINNER crap and see what we have in Manziel. One more crap game is enough for me to see a change.

Interesting Smith comparison... are you sure SF made the right choice?

Rk Player .............. Tm Cmp Att Pct Att/G Yds ..Avg Yds/G T Int 1st st% 20+ 40+Sk Rate

15 Colin Kaepernick SF 194 318 61.0 31.8 2,359 7.4 235.9 14 05 113 35.5 35 04 32 92.0

19 Alex Smith ......... KC 213 327 65.1 29.7 2,211 6.8 201.0 13 04 128 39.1 27 00 27 92.7

And bringing up Tebow doesn't advance your "argument" a single inch...

Based on how he writes you might have to settle for a six pack of ginger ale. Oh ya thats right...

But what if it was Vernor's? I miss that stuff...

Some of you "fans" don't deserve a winning football team.

Wouldn't it be novel if, for once, this fan base actually supported our winning starting QB instead of calling for his head after a bad game or two? I got news for all of you who think your hero Johhny Football is going to go out and "wreck the league" in his first few starts. You are WRONG! Then what? do we start calling for his head, too? if he doesnt win more than he loses in his first 12 games?

At some point, we are going to have to give a guy the opportunity to get through the growing pains.

Anyone here who believes that Johnny is doing better in practice than Hoyer, but yet isn't starting is fooling themselves. WTH would be the reason for that? Have we all NOT seen the UDFA K'Waun Williams playing ahead of Gilbert? Did that happen in a vacuum? Did they just say "eff it" lets see if this UDFA is better than the 8th overall pick for the hell of it? Or, perhaps, just maybe, Williams was preparing and practicing better than Gilbert?

Keep on believing you know more than the coaches who watch practice every day. This staff appears to care more about winning, and in turn, keeping their jobs than satisfying a fan clamoring for something they know nothing about.

Every NFL expert I heard said that Johnny was not a lock as a pro. He would need to be coached out of bad habits and have a lot to learn about the pro game as far as learning a playbook and reading defenses. If he was as good as you all seem to think he is, he wouldn't have slipped to 22 and he certainly would have been drafted ahead of Bortles. He wasn't for a reason.

I get that patience has worn thin for Browns fans, but our record this year would most likely look a helluva lot more like all the other rookie records this year if we had gone with Manziel, and there is no guarantee it won't look like that next year if he starts. Calm down and let the people who know what they are doing make these decisions. Jeebus!

Or, we could continue the pattern we have had since 1999. Start a new QB every season and see how it goes. It's worked so well in the past.

Some of you "fans" don't deserve a winning football team.

Wouldn't it be novel if, for once, this fan base actually supported our winning starting QB instead of calling for his head after a bad game or two? I got news for all of you who think your hero Johhny Football is going to go out and "wreck the league" in his first few starts. You are WRONG! Then what? do we start calling for his head, too? if he doesnt win more than he loses in his first 12 games?

At some point, we are going to have to give a guy the opportunity to get through the growing pains.

Anyone here who believes that Johnny is doing better in practice than Hoyer, but yet isn't starting is fooling themselves. WTH would be the reason for that? Have we all NOT seen the UDFA K'Waun Williams playing ahead of Gilbert? Did that happen in a vacuum? Did they just say "eff it" lets see if this UDFA is better than the 8th overall pick for the hell of it? Or, perhaps, just maybe, Williams was preparing and practicing better than Gilbert?

Keep on believing you know more than the coaches who watch practice every day. This staff appears to care more about winning, and in turn, keeping their jobs than satisfying a fan clamoring for something they know nothing about.

Every NFL expert I heard said that Johnny was not a lock as a pro. He would need to be coached out of bad habits and have a lot to learn about the pro game as far as learning a playbook and reading defenses. If he was as good as you all seem to think he is, he wouldn't have slipped to 22 and he certainly would have been drafted ahead of Bortles. He wasn't for a reason.

I get that patience has worn thin for Browns fans, but our record this year would most likely look a helluva lot more like all the other rookie records this year if we had gone with Manziel, and there is no guarantee it won't look like that next year if he starts. Calm down and let the people who know what they are doing make these decisions. Jeebus!

Or, we could continue the pattern we have had since 1999. Start a new QB every season and see how it goes. It's worked so well in the past.

Well said! Thank you.

Mike

I personally thought before the season the entire year would go like that first half against PIT, and Hoyer would be benched at the bye after starting the year with 3 abysmal performances. But wouldn't you know, they started the year looking like a .500 football team. At this point if he has 2-3 more JAX/HOU performances, I could see J Money getting some more time, but at QB instead of WR lol

Hoyer looks bad this next game, and I'm thinking Johnny's on field PDQ . . . and I'm a Hoyer guy.

Team is showing signs of collapse, and it's primarily the D's fault . . . due to injuries.

We're just too damn decimated in key spots on both sides of the line at this point the Season.

We need another year or two to build our depth/talent, but at least it appears that we're on the right path.

Hoyer looks bad this next game, and I'm thinking Johnny's on field PDQ . . . and I'm a Hoyer guy.

Team is showing signs of collapse, and it's primarily the D's fault . . . due to injuries.

We're just too damn decimated in key spots on both sides of the line at this point the Season.

We need another year or two to build our depth/talent, but at least it appears that we're on the right path.

No way man! I'm clinging to this winning record like it's the last loaf of bread in the zombie apocalypse.

I need at least a couple more gut wrenching losses before l start thinking that way.

This team is gonna step up.

I don't know, but I do think Hoyer could be on a short leash if he lays 1 or 2 more Houston/Jacksonville performances.

This coaching staff certainly doesn't tolerate bullshit.

Example: Cutting Tate, Benching Gilbert, etc.

Yeah....houston was his fault....jesus man..wake up. One post you make sense... The next one...you get all stupid.

It wasn't all his fault but Hoyer played like shit vs. Houston and anyone who can't see that is uh....

VISUALLY IMPAIRED.

yeah he had a bad game like maybe 21 other players on the team that day.

some people might be visually impaired but at least they stick to a purpose, a theme.

you, you flip flop more than a wild bass being tossed into the boat alive.

I personally thought before the season the entire year would go like that first half against PIT, and Hoyer would be benched at the bye after starting the year with 3 abysmal performances. But wouldn't you know, they started the year looking like a .500 football team. At this point if he has 2-3 more JAX/HOU performances, I could see J Money getting some more time, but at QB instead of WR lol

is there something wrong with the water in columbus? or is it just dumb ohio staters snorting bath salts or smoking krokadelia?

No way man! I'm clinging to this winning record like it's the last loaf of bread in the zombie apocalypse.

I need at least a couple more gut wrenching losses before l start thinking that way.

This team is gonna step up.

I've already seen losses where we shouldn't have lost.

Add all the key injuries (primarily on D and that units' performance) and I still see this Team in transition.

Trust me, I would absolutely love to have the last to first / Cinderella story going for this Team, but some of the Eggs they've laid + injuries are just too much for me to see that.

I do see a definite positive change in direction for the Team though, they're starting to get it together, but some of our prime players don't seem to be reflecting that (sadly).

Houston Game = TEAM loss.

Hoyer, being the Team leader is who takes the hit for this whether it's his fault or not (and it's not all his fault).

Gordon (+ Cameron) are not likely to change the course of our Season, as at this point we're Defensively non-existent.

We start putting up 40 - 50 pts a game . . . that's another story, I just don't see it happening.

Archived