THE BROWNS BOARD

Cameron back at Practice

Zombo

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/update/24826137/browns-te-jordan-cameron-returns-to-practice-friday

Browns tight end Jordan Cameron returned to practice Friday for the first time since suffering a concussion in Week 9, the Akron Beacon Journal reports.

Cameron has missed the past three games with the issue and will need to be medically cleared by an independent neurologist in order to play Week 12 at Atlanta. Coach Mike Pettine will likely provide an update on his playing status following Friday's practice.

Ruled out for Sundays game. WTF.. This has to be record time missed from a single concussion

He has had multiple concussions in a tight grouping. Its nothing to be messed with, especially when there are so many in a short period of time. Look how long Sidney Crosby missed with his symptoms.

people crying because he can't get back into the game are also now calling him a pussy.

yeah, call him that to his face bitches.

i'm a cameron fan BUT i don't know if i'd keep him only because of this track record with concussions. but to insinuate that the guy is soft is ridiculous.

people crying because he can't get back into the game are also now calling him a pussy.

yeah, call him that to his face bitches.

i'm a cameron fan BUT i don't know if i'd keep him only because of this track record with concussions. but to insinuate that the guy is soft is ridiculous.

i'm definitely questioning his toughness and dedication to this team and this game...

i'm definitely questioning his toughness and dedication to this team and this game...

It's not his decision to make, nor is it the decision of anyone on the Browns' payroll.

He has to pass a battery of tests from an independent doctor, and the tests are more objective than the used to be. It's not jusy "how many fingers..." anymore.

In the past giys would figure out what to say to pass, but it ain't that easy anymore.

It isn't his fault, I'm sure he wants to be out there.

You're not "sure" he wants to be out there. At this point, I have a hard time believing that if he wanted to be out there he's still be held back

under what circumstances has he ever done anything for anyone to question his dedication or toughness?

Nothing that I know of. He doesn't have to be "tough" either. Everyone has different personalities. I really don't care if he's all that tough or not. But being someone who's had 3 concussions from football as a running back, one time causing a dead spot in my brain in which I had to go to New York with special doctors (that's for a different time to talk about), I have a hard time believing that he's really dedicated to this team if he's still out. Idk, maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't get how he's still out

That was then, this is now. The NFL is taking a very, very serious hardline about

the new protocol in being careful about concussions, especially considering the time frame.

They are NOT ALLOWED to play, if they can't pass the screening tests.

The Browns are even more careful, since Colt McCoy inisisted on going back out into a game.

Has nothing to do with the players' toughness. Nothing.

Hell, even if it wasn't the doctor's decision I wouldn't fault the guy for wanting to make sure he's 100% off this moving forward. We're not talking about a bum knee or a mangled shoulder to look forward to. We now understand constant concussions leads to your mind literally going crazy with nothing you can do to stop it. I had to watch my grandpa slowly die from dementia/Alzheimer's, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I hope he can come out the other end of this strong though cause he'd be huge for the stretch run.

This is a contract year for Cameron, I guarantee he wants to be out there to maximize his value for his next contract. By not playing he is only hurting himself in the contract negotiations, if anything it may help us resign him for cheaper than if he played an entire season and went to the Pro Bowl again.

Like it was said, playing with a hurt knee or shoulder is a lot different than playing with a concussion.

Cameron has been treated by two doctors, the team doctor and a neurologist according to ESPN. the vicious hit by Brandian Ross was Cameron's third concussion in three years. Apparently, his future is at stake if he comes back to early. It's unfortunate and always seems to happen to the best players. Troy Aikman retired early for this reason.

If you read the article on ESPN it explains concussions from a medical standpoint and how it affects a person's mental capacity in the future. It's scary stuff.

He is projected to come back next Sunday, maybe.

This is a contract year for Cameron, I guarantee he wants to be out there to maximize his value for his next contract. By not playing he is only hurting himself in the contract negotiations, if anything it may help us resign him for cheaper than if he played an entire season and went to the Pro Bowl again.

Like it was said, playing with a hurt knee or shoulder is a lot different than playing with a concussion.

I was thinking the opposite. I was thinking maybe he was purposely sitting out because it's a contract year. This way he does some damage control and doesn't get any more injuries that could further hurt the money coming his way.

I was thinking the opposite. I was thinking maybe he was purposely sitting out because it's a contract year. This way he does some damage control and doesn't get any more injuries that could further hurt the money coming his way.

Cause nothing enhances a player's value like missing time due to injury??? :blink:

As for his "practicing"... Isn't part of the protocol working out, AKA "partial participation in practice", and then getting retested?

and you have before as well, you are a fucking moron. He is in the NFL concussion protocol. It has nothing to do with whether he does or doesn't want to play. I would pay to see you question his dedication and toughness to his face. it would be fucking comical.

Your thoughts on what he is doing relative to a contract year are even more laughable. Anyone in a contract year wants to excel to maximize offers, lol cmon man.

If anyone watches how Cameron goes after passes, they couldn't call him "sissy" or question his toughness. I think the reason he's being held out is because he ONLY plays "full throttle" & is being held out for his own good.

I also worry about the number of concussions he has had in a short period of time, but we'll see what the future holds. I'll just say that, IMHO, he's a damn good & valuable player.

Mike

The tests have to do with neurons and base line and really sophisticated stuff. He's also still had headaches which is not a good sign. Whoever just said they don't hold up three fingers anymore has a point. Repeated blows to the brain can damage you forever. And even though every player knows this before deciding to becoming a pro it's just part of football. In later years players who have suffered multiple concussions actually can develop Parkinson's and other neurological illnesses. They become "punch drunk" and have higher risk for Alzheimer's. Cameron wants to play that's why he was at practice. But with the new protocols he has no say until cleared. I just would rather he waits until it's safe than have his career end prematurely. Anyway, he has no choice in the matter. In a strange way, a knee or ankle injury is easier to overcome. But you can't function without a brain. Just ask the "Scarecrow"

As others have said, it's not his decision to make anymore... Why? because of what happened to Junior Seau- shot himself. Mike Webster- wound up living under a bridge. Have you seen what's left of Muhammad Ali after he took a few too many to the head?

It's not his decision to make, nor is it the decision of anyone on the Browns' payroll.

He has to pass a battery of tests from an independent doctor, and the tests are more objective than the used to be. It's not jusy "how many fingers..." anymore.

In the past giys would figure out what to say to pass, but it ain't that easy anymore.

Exactly- every NFL player gets a neurological "baseline" and the docs aren't going to let you get back on the field until you get back to it after a concussion.

You're not "sure" he wants to be out there. At this point, I have a hard time believing that if he wanted to be out there he's still be held back

Yes he would, hate to tell you. That $800 million- and sure to go higher settlement with the NFLPA says so.

Nothing that I know of. He doesn't have to be "tough" either. Everyone has different personalities. I really don't care if he's all that tough or not. But being someone who's had 3 concussions from football as a running back, one time causing a dead spot in my brain in which I had to go to New York with special doctors (that's for a different time to talk about), I have a hard time believing that he's really dedicated to this team if he's still out. Idk, maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't get how he's still out

If you have firsthand experience, take it to the bank in the NFL - you wouldn't have seen the field with that "dead spot". Not anymore. Well, you could lie about it- but not some of the other stuff they test you on- it's bullshit proof. This isn't the 60s where if a guy got knocked unconscious, they'd just blast him with some smelling salts and get him back in the game. Today? You get KOed, you're done for the day, if not a week or two.

Archived