THE BROWNS BOARD

This is what I don't understand. (Steelers)

WalterWhite

Here is how the LB corps now stacks up Browns vs. Steelers:

LOLB Jason Worilds vs. Paul Kruger. Kruger better imo

LILB Ryan Shazier (now coming back?) vs. Christian Kirksey Shazier has been hurt, but even before that Kirksey by no means took a back seat in his performance.

RILB Lawrence Timmons vs. Craig Robertson Timmons has edge (would not be the case over Dansby now hurt)

ROLB Arthur Moats vs. Barkevious Mingo. (filling in for Sheard) I guess, honestly I will need an independent opinion on Moats, who I don't know much about. He is a fill in for Jarvis Jones, no? How does he match up to Mingo. If it were Mingo vs. JJ I would say what you have are two thus far underachieving high first round picks. Injuries are a factor in that for both of them.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before last nights game, we were EXACTLY even with the Steelers in rushing. Exactly.

The main difference was Bell has all their carries and we split ours 3 ways. So, yeah, he's got better #'s. But his "team" doesn't and thats what matters.

After 10 games, the Browns had 1100 yards rushing and the Steelers had 1100 yards rushing.

So, to me, this is another thread overreactiing to ONE game and saying they look like HOF's while we suck.

We were #1. Then our best lineman got hurt. Then the rushing #'s dropped. And NOW, instead of understanding a basic injury, we look back to the draft to find the answer?

We didn't draft bad.... Mack just got hurt......Go break Pounceys leg and see how that works for Bell.

I don't know if you are directing any of this at me, but if so, I was only looking at the starting OLines from a draft perspective (since that's how the topic was started). My conclusion was that the big difference was Mack going down. Did I take too long getting to the point? :)

I don't know if you are directing any of this at me, but if so, I was only looking at the starting OLines from a draft perspective (since that's how the topic was started). My conclusion was that the big difference was Mack going down. Did I take too long getting to the point? :)

Nope. You and I think alike. I was responding to the OP.

Bitonio is hands down a much better guard than DeCastro.. Thomas is the best LT in the game... Shut your mouth before you cram your foot back in it..Mack is far and away better than pouncy... Armonty Bryant and Phil Taylor are our best Dlineman.. I'll take them both over anything you got on your shit Dline.

Bitonio is not better than DeCastro, Phil Taylor is down again and he was fvcking enormous in a bad way before he went down. Saying Mack is far and away better than Pouncey is laughable. Thomas has also lost the top left tackle spot to Tyron Smith of the Cowboys, not to mention Thomas is a hold machine.

Beyond that there isn't a RB (this is a reply to others) on the Browns roster that can even hang on a coat tail of Bell. I think both Crowell and West are solid, Bell in his second year is knocking on elite.

Bitonio is not better than DeCastro, Phil Taylor is down again and he was fvcking enormous in a bad way before he went down. Saying Mack is far and away better than Pouncey is laughable. Thomas has also lost the top left tackle spot to Tyron Smith of the Cowboys, not to mention Thomas is a hold machine.

Beyond that there isn't a RB (this is a reply to others) on the Browns roster that can even hang on a coat tail of Bell. I think both Crowell and West are solid, Bell in his second year is knocking on elite.

1.) I don't see Bitonio or DeCastro being significantly better than one or the other, Bitonio is a rookie - both are still young though.

2.) You didn't watch Phil Taylor play because if you did you'd know that he made a difference on the snaps he was in - in a positive way.

3.) What would be a better way to describe Mack is better than Pouncey? "Significantly Better" "A lot better" "Filet Mignon vs Salisbury Steak". You can word it any way you want, If 32/32 NFL teams had the choice between Pouncey/Mack they would choose Mack.

4.) Saying J.T. has lost the top tackle spot is largely debatable. Thomas is having an outstanding season, maybe even one of his best...

5.) J.T. has 1 holding penalty this year. He had 4 last year. Hardly what I'd call a "hold machine." But are you referring to the stuff that "should have been called on him"? Because that seems like something steelers fans do.

You can ride Bell's knob all you want. He's a solid back in a league where there's many solid backs. He's the best of all time for is 6.2 YPC against the Titans? Or his 3.3 YPC against the Jets?

Yes he's good, but what we're seeing from our UDFA Crowell isn't too much worse.

Your post is entirely full of the bias and homerism that you claim to not have.

With Gordon,Cameron/Dray,Hawkins,Benji,Austin,Gabriel our weapons are just - if not more powerful and more plentiful than yours (Martavis Bryant is a first ballot HOFer though I forgot). Bell has a slight edge on our backs, but we have two... that can block, catch, and run also.

Thomas has also lost the top left tackle spot to Tyron Smith of the Cowboys, not to mention Thomas is a hold machine.

Smith is having a great year, while JT is having a great career.

JT WILL be a first ballot HOF'er.

Again,you squarly just jammed your foot in your mouth.. try again now,PeeWee....By the way.. Bitonio is a mauler.. DeCastro is average at best,,, good linemen.. not great.

Bell was drafted in the second round in the 2013 draft from Michigan State. He is from Reynoldsburg, Ohio.

The Browns drafted Mingo, Gordon, Leon McFadden, Jamoris Slaughter, Armanty Bryany and Garrett Gilkey.

My fantasy teams with Bell are 9-2

The Steeler's running backs suck dick. They only have success because Rothlis-OgerBooger will not die.

They have a cheapshot artist at WR that pushes off and gets away with it, weekly. This opens up the D to defend this suck shit. Then on top of that Pitstain likes to throw 2,000 yards worth of screenplays a season. That spread the line out, leaving a gaping hole for your faggot ass runningbacks to fuck the hole for 5 yards a pop. Gay, is all it is. Pittsburgh is a one trick pony mimicking reruns of Mr. Ed.

Bitonio is not better than DeCastro,

Actually, yes. He is. He was better the moment he stepped on an NFL field.

Phil Taylor is down again and he was fvcking enormous in a bad way before he went down.

He was a run stopper, and now he is not there. It was far better to have him than not to have him.

Saying Mack is far and away better than Pouncey is laughable.

Not far and away, no....but better.

Thomas has also lost the top left tackle spot to Tyron Smith of the Cowboys, not to mention Thomas is a hold machine.

JT has very few hold calls. He is still probably the best. It has always been arguable....but if he is 1 or 2, he is still possibly a HOF performer.

West, could have that potential, but not yet. Only after last night would anyone have said Bell is elite. And that really still remains to be seen.

Posts like these erase any shred of credibility you might've had. Just dripping with Homerism. I've seen this from you time and again here. You don't go off the deep end with emotional rants, but you're still delusional when it comes to your Steelers.

Beyond that there isn't a RB (this is a reply to others) on the Browns roster that can even hang on a coat tail of Bell. I think both Crowell and West are solid, Bell in his second year is knocking on elite vegimatictron.

We have groundhogs out our hay field, that could contribute more legit stuff to this board that veg does.

Beyond that there isn't a RB (this is a reply to others) on the Browns roster that can even hang on a coat tail of Bell. I think both Crowell and West are solid, Bell in his second year is knocking on elite vegimatictron.

We have groundhogs out our hay field, that could contribute more legit stuff to this board that veg does.

With Vag, every day is Ground Hog Day. He just repeats the same old blather day after day on a continuing recycle spin. And you can't kill him off. He comes back the next day.

He just needs to learn to love.....and move on with his life.

Posts like these erase any shred of credibility you might've had. Just dripping with Homerism. I've seen this from you time and again here. You don't go off the deep end with emotional rants, but you're still delusional when it comes to your Steelers.

Why is bitonio a rookie, better than David decastro? Other than saying it. Joe Thomas is still very good but he's not as good as tyron smith. Its my opinion. Beyond that are you all really trying to say that crowell or west are as good as bell? Oh and mack is a very stout center, definitely top 5 buts hes light years better than pouncey? Pouncey also hasn't had Much consistency around him but mack has had one of the best tackles in the game helping his cause. Pouncey is very good, if mack is better its not by much. Period. I didn't say anything homer.

Edit: I'd also LOVE to have Phil Taylor at the nose in the steelers defense but one fact remains. Taylor came back from being injured fat as fvck and he's now injured again.

Why is bitonio a rookie, better than David decastro? Other than saying it.

Because he is bigger, meaner, stronger with better technique. Do I have to go Elizabeth Barrett Browning on you? Let me count the ways.

Joe Thomas is still very good but he's not as good as tyron smith. Its my opinion.

Well, we want a second opinion. Let's see you back that up with something authoritative.

Beyond that are you all really trying to say that crowell or west are as good as bell?

No...if you are talking to me. They have potential as a tandem....but are unproven.

Oh and mack is a very stout center, definitely top 5 buts hes light years better than pouncey?

I suspect that you are not talking to me here. I say Mack is better....but no, not light years. Both are very good. In a pinch I would choose Mack, but I would not be dissatisfied with Pouncey. Its not like Pouncey is Nick McDonald who we now have to use.

Pouncey also hasn't had Much consistency around him but mack has had one of the best tackles in the game helping his cause.

Until Bitonio arrived Mack had little consistency on either side of him at guard. Hell, the Steelers may have had better.

Pouncey is very good, if mack is better its not by much. Period. I didn't say anything homer.

OK....we are past that, at least you and I, I assume.

Edit: I'd also LOVE to have Phil Taylor at the nose in the steelers defense but one fact remains. Taylor came back from being injured fat as fvck and he's now injured again.

I don't think he is any fatter than the typical nose tackle in the NFL. He is hurt because he is hurt, not because he is fat.

Here is one ranking of the best rookies in the NFL:

Top 50 Rankings Rank Player Pos. Team Pick LW Moving

1 Joel Bitonio LG Browns 2.3 1 Same

2 C.J. Mosley ILB Ravens 1.17 2 Same

3 Anthony Barr OLB Vikings 1.9 3 Same

4 Zack Martin RG Cowboys 1.16 8 Up

5 Corey Linsley C Packers 5.21 5 Same

6 Khalil Mack OLB Raiders 1.5 4 Down

7 Aaron Donald DT Rams 1.13 6 Down

8 Jason Verrett CB Chargers 1.25 13 Up

9 Kelvin Benjamin WR Panthers 1.28 7 Down

10 Chandler Catanzaro K Cardinals N/A 10 Same

11 Kyle Fuller CB Bears 1.14 11 Same

12 Ha Ha Clinton-Dix S Packers 1.21 14 Up

13 Brandin Cooks WR Saints 1.20 12 Down

14 Weston Richburg LG Giants 2.11 9 Down

15 E.J. Gaines CB Rams 6.12 15 Same

16 Bradley Roby CB Broncos 1.31 22 Up

17 Russell Bodine C Bengals 4.11 23 Up

18 Sammy Watkins WR Bills 1.4 18 Same

19 Cody Parkey K Eagles N/A 19 Same

This was through like halfway point of the season.

Yeah, Phil came back so fat and out of shape that he got hurt running down and tackling AJ Green. [/sarcasm]

Why is bitonio a rookie, better than David decastro? Other than saying it. Joe Thomas is still very good but he's not as good as tyron smith. Its my opinion. Beyond that are you all really trying to say that crowell or west are as good as bell? Oh and mack is a very stout center, definitely top 5 buts hes light years better than pouncey? Pouncey also hasn't had Much consistency around him but mack has had one of the best tackles in the game helping his cause. Pouncey is very good, if mack is better its not by much. Period. I didn't say anything homer.

What your forgetting is... Your opinion doesn't carry much weight around here... Or, really even matter... your just another windbag spouting BS.. Your a fraud.. And your so blinded by piss fogged lenses.. You actually outsmart yourself. Therefore,exposing yourself as a classic Fraudulent troll.

This list has zero credibility as johnny manziel is not #1.

This list has zero credibility as johnny manziel is not #1.

Johnny is not playing on a consistent basis...Like most of this years draft picks...

What your forgetting is... Your opinion doesn't carry much weight around here... Or, really even matter... your just another windbag spouting BS.. Your a fraud.. And your so blinded by piss fogged lenses.. You actually outsmart yourself. Therefore,exposing yourself as a classic Fraudulent troll.

Nickers I don't give a damn about you and I'm not sure anyone else does either. I know I'm in enemy territory. Let's say I am a fraudulent troll (I'm not). What the hell are you? The defective toy in the bottom of a stale capt. Crunch box? You bring about the same kind of value to the threads on this board. Hell you took the dude talking about manziel literally.

This can't be right, there are two WRs ranked higher than Sammy Watkins on this list! FOR SHAME!

But seriously, two centers on this list taken in the 4th round or later...that's interesting

Nickers I don't give a damn about you and I'm not sure anyone else does either. I know I'm in enemy territory. Let's say I am a fraudulent troll (I'm not). What the hell are you? The defective toy in the bottom of a stale capt. Crunch box? You bring about the same kind of value to the threads on this board. Hell you took the dude talking about manziel literally.

Since you have been here.. you haven't added one single thread. or component of value, EVER! to this forum. all you have done is sat there like a little wimp, lurking in the shadows, waiting to attack people that says anything about your little Steelers. That's not normal. That's paramount to having a sickness and an obsession, and fear of having a self inferiority complex. And what does talking about Manziel, have anything to do with this? ABSOLUTELY NOTING!. We were talking about lineman. Ah, yes. I see. your pussy is on the rag , and your prescription for your YAZ ran out. Yes , Maybe a few people care about Me. Maybe they don't... I have become friends with a couple and becaame facebook friends,with a couple posters from here. So you lose there,pal. Heres a fact.. Absolutely NO ONE on this board even gives 2 shits about you.. Now shove that up your ass,and smoke it... Asshole!.

Exactly. Your opinions and they favor Steelers all the time. For instance, you ride Gipper about his posts, but I've seen comments time and again from him where he has favored the Steelers in aspects over the Browns. It never happens with you.

You're still one of the most level-headed Steeler fans I've seen on this board, but not immune to delusions about your team.

Mack vs. Pouncey and Bito vs. DeCastro are choices GM's would love to have to make... and cases can be made for both choices in each pairing.

Prior to the season, knowing we'd be going ZBS, I would have taken Pouncey based upon his superior mobility. However, after seeing how well Mack adapted, I would now take Mack.

Bito vs. DeCastro is an even closer call for me, but in the end I would give the nod to Bito due to DeCastro's injury history and more importantly Bito's value as a back-up LT.

Archived