THE BROWNS BOARD

F Brian "Garbage" Hoyer

Soju

What was it, over 100 yards YAC today? Kept it short.

Teams are loading up on the run because they don't think Hoyer can beat them deep. Oakland was one of the worst pass defenses in the league, giving up a huge rating and Hoyer got a huge rating himself without having to much of anything.

He had 3 passes that hit defenders in the hands and they dropped, the one before half was a Pick 6 and the guy was running without securing it. We had 9 points going into the 4th and scored the two TDs off of Raiders turnovers with a short field.

Keep telling me everything is ok, but you all know its not. Just watching the game and looking at the physical abilities between the two today, you can't tell me Carr isn't the more talented QB in his 7th start then Hoyer in his 7th year. Thats were Brian Hoyer is at, and we're talking about long term contract? Please.

If this was against Buffalo or better we lose. We got away with it because it was Oakland and they turned the ball over. Only gives you more chance to deny deny deny reality and keep us wishing for a playoff birth that isn't coming and wasting time starting the future. Thats all thats happening here is wasting time starting our future. Not contenders, not going to make the playoffs, just twiddling our thumbs, trying our hardest to lower our draft pick and wasting time getting the future going. Like a college kid that graduates and hangs in his college town an extra year and works at a bar.

Hoyer is a Miller High Life in a Champaign League. Remember who told you first.

Nevermind that the only two vertical threats you have on this team, one his suspended the other oft injured.

Beyond that, your post is re-hashed bullshit. "starting our future" Manziel? You want a rookie, playing behind an Oline trying to gel again, with few weapons, an ineffective run game, to see what the "future looks like"...?

You're a fucking hack, kid. I honestly wish there was an alternative universe where you could watch Manziel play with this same team just so you can realize the difference would be negligible.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teams are loading up on the run because they don't think Hoyer can beat them deep. Oakland was one of the worst pass defenses in the league, giving up a huge rating and Hoyer got a huge rating himself without having to much of anything.

He had 3 passes that hit defenders in the hands and they dropped, the one before half was a Pick 6 and the guy was running without securing it. We had 9 points going into the 4th and scored the two TDs off of Raiders turnovers with a short field.

Keep telling me everything is ok, but you all know its not. Just watching the game and looking at the physical abilities between the two today, you can't tell me Carr isn't the more talented QB in his 7th start then Hoyer in his 7th year. Thats were Brian Hoyer is at, and we're talking about long term contract? Please.

If this was against Buffalo or better we lose. We got away with it because it was Oakland and they turned the ball over. Only gives you more chance to deny deny deny reality and keep us wishing for a playoff birth that isn't coming and wasting time starting the future. Thats all thats happening here is wasting time starting our future. Not contenders, not going to make the playoffs, just twiddling our thumbs, trying our hardest to lower our draft pick and wasting time getting the future going. Like a college kid that graduates and hangs in his college town an extra year and works at a bar.

I hate to agree with you but I do. Hoyer is a good guy, I like him, but I don't think he has the physical tools to be anything more than a game manager. I thought he was supposed to be more accurate than he's been lately and that concerns me. He needs to be able to make things happen when the run game isn't working. Still, I'd rather roll with him than put Manziel in before he is ready. He did enough for us to win but really its the defense that won this game for us. Haden and Gilbert gave us a glimpse of our next Dixon and Minnifield.

OL is hurting, it will take time for a new C to adjust as well as the other OL adjusting to him.

Yep, Carr is no slouch, and for a while was rumored to be one of the top prospects in this past Draft - now you can see why.

The real difference between Hoyer and Carr this game is that Carr actually had a pretty decent run game going for him - plus he had very good Pass protection for the most part.

I saw our OL on more than one occasion just collapse on Hoyer, and quite a few other instances where they where in the process of collapsing before Hoyer got rid of the ball.

We had no Rushing game to speak of, and Hoyer was under pressure.

Overall, I think he did fairly well - not exceptional, but good.

Today's win was a total Team win.

It wasn't the O just outscoring the opponent, it took both sides (and a little Special Teams help) to win this one - maybe a little more D than O, but the D was supposed to be stellar (which they've not been).

Playoffs?

No freakin' way.

Coming into this one, I stated elsewhere I doubted this game, and it nearly went that way.

Next week I think will be as tough or tougher than this week - TB is a better Team than you think.

Hoyer wasn't the problem today.

We had 39 freakin' yards of Rushing today.

This screams OL problems at the very least.

Possible INT's?

Sure, they were there.

Also a few others for Carr that weren't pulled in - happens to most Teams every week.

How about the dropped passes?

WTF was that first pass to Cameron - it honestly looks like he caught it then intentionally threw it away?

On the plus side, we have another week to bring our new C up to speed.

I don't think that's going to be enough, but hopefully at least some progress will be made.

Thank you for referencing the only QB stat that really matters, wins and losses.

Look up Russell Wilson's statistics from last year, you may be surprised. Then compare them to this year and the perception about how well he is playing this year as compared to last year.

As a QB, can you lead your team to victory? And more importantly, do your teammates believe you can lead them to victory? That is all that matters and what we saw today.

The best way to 'build for the future' as a football team is to win games today. Success breeds success. And it doesn't happen overnight.

I've enjoyed sparring back and forth with mik for a while. It's harmless fun but he just totally lost his mind with that last post.

Threatening to kill a poster because you don't enjoy their takes is just the signs of a fucking low life.

Whatever....

NO MORE CHANCES.

MANZIEL GOES IN FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. END OF STORY.

You're Debbie Downer for a reason. I suppose you couldn't even enjoy that win today, because Manziel didn't play.

100%.

Hoyer isn't the future, of anybody. He's a stop gap career backup QB with accuracy issues. Its what he came into the league as, its what hes been cut 3 times as, and its what he still is.

Have to find out what Manziel has before next two QB loaded drafts.

Browns have to find a Franchise QB.

Brian Hoyer is not a Franchise QB.

Both of those are true, combine them and you'll have exactly what I've been saying all along.

Did you see Ian Rapoport on Eisen this morning? Said Jon Gruden begged the Raiders to take Manziel first round last draft and if they did he was going to coach the Raiders. Thats how much Gruden believes Manziel is a Franchise QB. If we traded Hoyer to Oakland right now do you think Gruden comes out of the booth to coach them then? Not a chance in hell.

The thinking around here is too small time to realize the opportunity the Browns have here and how much wasting of time is going on.

Sure, I'd rather waste my time watching the Browns lose, watching a rookie qb throw a couple pick sixes. . Question would you rather have a "game manager" that wins, or a franchise quarterback that loses? Of course, I already know your answer. Franchise quarterback losers this week. Phillip Rivers, Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Joe Flacco, Andrew Luck, and it looks like future HOFer Drew Breese isn't going to salvage the Saints season either.

Yep cause smart people wanna take their 3rd 1st round qb in 4 yrs. Maybe a 4th in 5 yrs. Brilliant. So put Johnny in and if he doesn't play well in 10 games with this bad supporting cast with rookie head coach and Gm sellout for another qb???

U can make fun of my English all u want fella cause Lord knows this boards members have a whole list of stupid Ass quotes and noncredible internet links to make u the butt of jokes for seasons to come. And for that we really appreciate u.

Sure, what a plan- just keep drafting quarterbacks in the first round. What Stockton doesn't get- and I've said it before- Pettine's job depends on wins- and that would be now, not next year. If he truly thought Manziel could win more games for the Browns NOW- he would be the starter- not Hoyer. Development can wait until the off-seaon, or OTAs next year. The Manzealots can't get it through their thick heads that Hoyer playing at this level is a real blessing- there's been no need to rush JFF into action.

No matter the system, when teams play the run by stacking the box numbers will go down. The verdict is clearly out for the Browns offense that stopping the run is key.

That is exactly it. Teams are stacking the box against the Browns, and they've wised up to the Browns runners using cutback lanes- which aren't there anymore. It's not the o-line, as Ghoolie would say- 5 guys can't block seven, or eight. And I don't buy Stockton's retort that teams don't respect Hoyer's deep passes- he throws those 40+ yard bombs just often enough to keep a defense honest.

Brian is now 7-3 as the Browns' starter.

To paraphrase the ESPN comments back when on Chris Carter- "All he does is win games". Sorry about that JFF fans.

I've enjoyed sparring back and forth with mik for a while. It's harmless fun but he just totally lost his mind with that last post.

Threatening to kill a poster because you don't enjoy their takes is just the signs of a fucking low life.

Walter, Mik is just messing with him- he's not serious. Or as usual after a big win, he's seriously drunk. :)

You booted me from the Tavern for promoting Manziel but no outrage over Mik threatening to kill someone.

Oh, okay. Good to see the mods aren't biased or anything.

I booted you for being a negative whiney asswipe. Consider yourself lucky that I only booted you out and didn't ban you for the rest of the game.

If you don't like it....I don't give a damn. Try complaining to the management here, see how that works out for you.

Brian is now 7-3 as the Browns' starter.

Fucking A! ^This^

Slap whatever label you want to on Hoyer, be it game manager, career backup blah blah blah...... Were winning more games than were losing and im totally fine with that at this point. Reading some of these posts makes me think that some of you guys think that the NFL is supposed to be like madden and you wont be happy until it is.

Mike, you have totally crossed the line and threatened to kill someone.

I don't like Stockton's takes either but you really nothing but a fucking douche bag and over opinionated loser.

You are the psychopath and who can't handle anyone else"s opinion.

Crossed out the lines I do not agree with it... but the rest was on the mark...

Over the line, mik... sorry, bud...

Edit: ... and sorry, Mods, but it is what it is.

But thanks for the Tavern patrol, MarkO... the negative energy in there was stifling. Not that I believe it made a difference, but the coincidence of a couple choice boots to a turn in the game was undeniable.

So YAC is bad...

And huge ratings are bad...

And almost INTs are bad...

And physical ability is everything...

And something???

That would be MikeH... ever met him? You two have a lot in common... and before long will have even more in common.

Here's the thing Stocky (reminds me of the old days when I used to call MikeH, Mikey...), you have to be consistent. You can't base your anti-Hoyer crusade on stats for two-weeks, and then trash them, resorting to eye-test shit the next week. At least not if you wish to be taken seriously...

19/28 274 yds 1 TD 0 INT Rating: 112.9

See you next week... maybe...

no apologizes.

i go into a tavern i kinda know what kinda tavern it is.

not the tavern where there are bar fights and young thugs trying to prove themselves.

not into the other that is so high class they look down at people wearing a hoodie.

something in-between.

cheap drinks and cheap laughs. play some pool. let's go. bustin' balls all day long, no probs.

a little nerd psychopath wanting to borrow a cigarette and tell you you and everything that you know to be true sucks...............

i'll never kill anyone. but i'll drive them to do it themselves.

I've been a member of this board for years and there are more negative fans here than anywhere else. Is Hoyer going to be a Peyton Manning? Fuck no, but we are 4-3. Let that shit sink in. We have a WINNING RECORD. Hoyer can't throw the deep ball. His passes aren't on point. He threw 3 passes today that would have been INTs against a better team, but you know, Raiders gonna raid. Guys have to dive and scrap just to grab them. Still, the motherfucker wins games. Also, our WRs are fucking midgets. Not one of them is over 5'10. Hoyer is a game manager and he is managing games. Done. He's not the long term solution, but we're still in the hunt going into November and that feels fucking nice. So can we chill the hell out with all of the EVERYBODY SUX!!!! posts? If you are so miserable all the time, why even be a fan?

P.S. MORE CROW!!! CAW CAW! THROW DEM PIZZA LUNCHABLES ON DA FIELD!

going into the 'tavern' today i liked as a physical, actual bar.

plenty of good folks there. i'd surely go back.

and then in the dark autumn moon you have a couple of assholes show up and you think to yourself "wow, really?" naw next week i'll go somewhere else. don't like young and dumb beer muscle jocks that just talk and intimidate others. and then just because i don't want the thought of me breaking an ashtray over one of these asshole's heads.

don't have the time for negativity and stats negativity and every guy negativity.

life is too short.

going into the 'tavern' today i liked as a physical, actual bar.

plenty of good folks there. i'd surely go back.

and then in the dark autumn moon you have a couple of assholes show up and you think to yourself "wow, really?" naw next week i'll go somewhere else. don't like young and dumb beer muscle jocks that just talk and intimidate others. and then just because i don't want the thought of me breaking an ashtray over one of these asshole's heads.

don't have the time for negativity and stats negativity and every guy negativity.

life is too short.

The same two fucks in that tavern repeat the same shit over and over.

So hoyer sucks and you want to be anointed when the browns collapse? What is your purpose? What is your point? You just waiting by the keyboard drooling so you can say "I told you so!"

Winning promotes winning. Hoyer is better than JF at winning. Until JF proves he can do it, he's a backup.. just like Hoyer wa sin NE.

You know who else had a cannon for an arm, could make every throw while kneeling? Spergon Wynn.

Carr has a cannon, yes.. but he wasn't the best QB on the field yesterday.

Hoyer 275 yards, TD 111 QB rating, sacked only once, no turnovers, home win, covered our largest spread in years.

7-3 in games he has started, 1-12 in games he hasn't.

Browns have had one QB with a rating over 80 since the return, Anderson with 82.5 in 2007, Hoyer has a 91.

Sure a lot of energy going into discussions of replacing him.

Zombo

Archived