THE BROWNS BOARD

Interesting Options Developing in Browns QB Situation

Frenchie

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's not even reporting it...she's just repeating what she heard from Bleacher Report...sheesh.....Grossi seemed certain Hoyer wasn't being difficult....he;s just deflecting because it's FOOTBALL time....not Johnny Contract talking time....he's a pro.....no worries.

All the idiot reporterS(LIKE MCK) will pick it up from the AP reports and it still will get lots of air play....cause no one checks facts anymore, they just repeat, report and then react....

wow! Are you going to do something nasty to her? Why Tuesday?

Wasn't that a former Cav's coaches quote? Former.

Hoyer is betting on himself, and has been even before the season started when he had all the negative tags. Career backup. Coming off major injury. I gotta admit l admire that.

I don't know about this report though. I think Hoyer's a self starter, but l still think drafting Manziel turned that burner up to 11 under his ass, and so far l'm digging the results.

Will Hoyer give the Browns a hometown discount? He might. $20 million guaranteed (at least) will set him up for life.

I didn't even think about guaranteed money... $20M as part of essentially a 4-year deal seems about right.

Keep both. Dumb to even consider trading one of only 2 QBs on our current 53-man roster. Manziel is 1 play away from being our starting QB. The longer he is on the bench, the better it will be for him. Hoyer gets an extension at the end of the season, and Manziel remains backup until needed. After his rookie deal, he can either walk, we can trade him, or maybe he becomes our starter... too early to make a move here...

Well, first there's Shaw sitting as well. But let's go hypothetical...

There's a QB in Dallas that is at least as close to a hit away from season's end as Hoyer...

Say the Big D QB gets hit first...

A certain GM/ owner sees his dream season evaporating in the hands of a certain backup QB...

We shall call this QB, "Wheezy"...

And Farmer's phone rings...

I don't care if MKC is just reporting shit from another site, she's the beat reporter for the main Cleveland newspaper. She has to know this story is like dropping tacks in the locker room. The fuck is wrong with her or any other dumbass Cleveland reporter willing to repeat this tripe. Deal with this after the fucking season not now FFS. Previous poster was right, it hasn't even been a day and a half since our biggest win since 99...let us go till mid week before you chop that high off at the knees

I don't know about this report though. I think Hoyer's a self starter, but l still think drafting Manziel turned that burner up to 11 under his ass, and so far l'm digging the results.

Dunno, Ibb...

I think if JM had knuckled down and learned the playbook things might be a whole lot different around Brown Town.

BH really did not come on until he was given the 3rd Preseason Start and effectively the job. Until then the "competition" seemed to be getting to him. I seem to recall Pettine saying as much a little later on.

Anywho... water under the dam now... ;)

Didn't you all see the Jason Cole video? In his opinion, Hoyer would not accept a contract with Manziel in Cleveland. So he thinks keeping both won't be an option if we want Hoyer long term. He also said that with every win, Hoyer gets more expensive so the sooner the Browns sign him, the better. By his theory, we could keep Hoyer one more year with a a Franchise Tag. But if we want to save money, the better idea might be to sign Hoyer and trade Manziel.

Sorry, I assumed everyone knew what I was talking about.

Direct link to the Cole "interview" in Bleacher...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2229283-buzz-brian-hoyer-wont-agree-to-long-term-deal-with-johnny-manziel-on-roster

Cole drops his little bomb near the end...

"...but if Manziel is still there I don't think Hoyer is going to take a long-term deal with the presence of Manziel. I don't think it's going to play out that way according to all the people I've talked to who are involved in this."

If people in the know are telling him this is Hoyer's condition for a deal, then Cole would not have to "think"... he'd know...

Seems like much ado about nothing from an insider wannabe...

I don't care if MKC is just reporting shit from another site, she's the beat reporter for the main Cleveland newspaper. She has to know this story is like dropping tacks in the locker room. The fuck is wrong with her or any other dumbass Cleveland reporter willing to repeat this tripe. Deal with this after the fucking season not now FFS. Previous poster was right, it hasn't even been a day and a half since our biggest win since 99...let us go till mid week before you chop that high off at the knees

^+1

Whole 'nother thread with links and stuff...

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30555

Did not even realize yours was based upon the same garbage reporting...

For sure Tour- some guys here are already going off on a regurgitation of unsubstantiated garbage by MKC off a freaking Bleacher Report interview? Like what are this guys sources anyway? Voices in your head, like Mike H? Remember Mike H was so damn sure Manziel was easily going to beat out Hoyer for the starting job. Do you guys realize almost any hack with a computer can sign up to post articles on Bleacher report? You can start 1\2 believing this crap if guys like Mort & Schefter start saying it on BSPN.

Same BR goober who was laughing at me suggesting- just maybe, possibly- this could be another Kurt Warner situation back in April.

For those old enough to remember Cheech & Chong's Sister Mary Elephant- CLASS!!!! CHILL OUT!!!!!

Hoyer's not commenting because he knows it BS. My thinking is he just wants to play football, concentrate on the Jags, and get another win. He'll deal with the JF/contract crap at the appropriate time. I can't see Hoyer making a dickhead move like this.

Didn't you all see the Jason Cole video? In his opinion, Hoyer would not accept a contract with Manziel in Cleveland. So he thinks keeping both won't be an option if we want Hoyer long term. He also said that with every win, Hoyer gets more expensive so the sooner the Browns sign him, the better. By his theory, we could keep Hoyer one more year with a a Franchise Tag. But if we want to save money, the better idea might be to sign Hoyer and trade Manziel.

Sorry, I assumed everyone knew what I was talking about.

No way a QB has that kind of pull unless he's elite and in tight with the Owner/GM.

We also have the option of doing the Transition tag like we did with Mack - that would let the Market set his value and we could match.

This whole thing all started over some Bleacher Report blurb.

Some BR articles are okay, but quite a few others are just throwing crap on the wall and seeing what sticks.

Seriously, I think Hoyer's smart enough to know that we need a good backup QB, especially as he's just coming back from an ACL injury.

After watching the vid and seeing Hoyers reaction... i think its true. Why not just say its not true if its not true? I'm thinking he is sick and tired of the whole stadium being filled with #2 jerseys. Either way i see this as a dick move on Hoyers behalf, he aint no GM.

And in the distance I can hear the JM Fanboys stampeding back to the forum...

After watching the vid and seeing Hoyers reaction... i think its true.

There are times when I hate being right...

Lmao... you couldn't be any more wrong. I'm the biggest Hoyer homer on this forum and have been since his first game last year. I'm 41 and people can't bullshit me... if it wasn't true he would've said so but he didn't... equals a dick move. Still think he's 10 times the qb that Manziel is.

Okay, thought about this a bit more, did a little more reading/research.

First, Zombo, can we get a thread merge, there are two QB threads about this running and I don't feel like jumping back an forth ?

While I doubt this is true (more on this in a bit), this is really not something we need right now.

This is the exact kind of crap that is going to distract the Team and cause us to lose a game we shouldn't lose (Jacksonville) because their attention was diverted to this BS.

Next point you have to consider.

Look at one particular statement that was made about the Mack situation this year during FA :

"Alex Mack is a quality person and quality player, and he's the kind of person we want to play with the Cleveland Browns for a long time,'' said Haslam. "I personally like Alex a lot besides him being a good player. We were very frank. We want him to finish his career with the Cleveland Browns. Alex has some choices to make. At the end of the day, I think that's what he'll decide. But that's obviously his decision.

Seems to me that Hoyer easily falls into this category - Brain's not going anywhere.

Now more on the Hoyer / Johnny (non) story :

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/hoyers-agent-says-manziel-not-factor-future-021154142--nfl.html

''Although we have had no discussions with the Browns since the spring, Johnny Manziel's presence will have no impact on any discussions that we might have in the future with the team,'' Linta said in an email. ''Brian's not worried about his contract and the situation will take shape as the season progresses.''

Lmao... you couldn't be any more wrong. I'm the biggest Hoyer homer on this forum and have been since his first game last year. I'm 41 and people can't bullshit me... if it wasn't true he would've said so but he didn't... equals a dick move. Still think he's 10 times the qb that Manziel is.

I blame your screen name... :)

As for his reaction... if it was the third or fourth time he'd been asked, as I suspect it was, he'd already be tired of it... especially if it is not true.

As DieHard did... you have to listen closely to the original "report".

Archived