THE BROWNS BOARD

Interesting Options Developing in Browns QB Situation

Frenchie

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats dangerous. Weeden has a strong running game to work with and he loves throwing to Dez Bryant (who i have on my fantasy team). I might even pick Weeden up on one of my teams because my QB is on a bye. I dont know if Romo is going to play. My guess is that he wont. He is pretty beat up.

I think you should pick him up and start him.

Zombo

Ya ... if only we could see him perform when "everything goes wrong".

Like being down 28-3 on the road? And then throwing three TD passes to win the game?

--Not the slightest hint, eh?

You have to admit that under those circumstances the hint was not anywhere near "slightest"...

Weeden has a strong running game to work with and he loves throwing to Dez Bryant (who i have on my fantasy team). I might even pick Weeden up on one of my teams because my QB is on a bye.

lol... Ya better hurry...

Let us know how starting Wheezy works out for ya...

Game Winning Drives:

(26) Tony Romo ....in 116 career starts.... that is 22 pct

(3) Brian Hoyer ...in 10 career starts....that is 30 pct.

4Th QTR Comebacks

(22) Tony Romo, ...that is 18.9%

(3) Brian Hoyer, that is 30% (and he holds the record for largest comeback)

when is the parade fpor beating the Titans?

So, there's that ....

Zombo

--Thanks for the assist, gip, didn't see this lameass post first time through

you still dont get it, huh?

Hoyer is still in Jamarcus Russell company; lets tap the breaks on calling Romo out in comparison to Hoyer.

its not about percentages AND EVEN IF IT WAS.... Hoyer is 30, it's on Hoyer he is still in Ryan Leaf company.

jesus you guys love you some hoyer.

Lets redo those percentages with games eligible for since coming into the league.,

it shouldn't be a knock against romo that hoyer was so terrible no one let him play.

to say it an easier way:

choking in the playoffs > getting cut from a practice squad.

Lets redo those percentages with games eligible for since coming into the league.,

it shouldn't be a knock against romo that hoyer was so terrible no one let him play.

to say it an easier way:

I can simplify it even further.

Winning > Losing.

Not choking > choking

Thats dangerous. Weeden has a strong running game to work with and he loves throwing to Dez Bryant (who i have on my fantasy team). I might even pick Weeden up on one of my teams because my QB is on a bye. I dont know if Romo is going to play. My guess is that he wont. He is pretty beat up.

If Weeden is the best back up QB available, you must be in a 48 team league.

Cleveland fans are betting what you've seen out of Wee-done isn't the Wee-done Browns fans have come to know and love, The guy is capable of single handedly losing a game by himself.

Hoyer is still in Jamarcus Russell company; lets tap the breaks on calling Romo out in comparison to Hoyer.

its not about percentages AND EVEN IF IT WAS.... Hoyer is 30, it's on Hoyer he is still in Ryan Leaf company.

We love winning, something that hasn't happened to the Browns in a very long time.

In my offseason boredom, i did watch the Browns 2013 season. I do agree he was pretty bad, especially the back handed tosses. In fairness, the Browns had no running game last year. I actually think the WRs talent is much improved this year over last years squad. Greg Little was terrible.

I do think the weapons and firepower around Weedon will make him look better. He has a live arm and i think he is a good guy.

I agree with you there. The backhanded flip everybody keeps crying about probably wasn't called by Weeden himself. Also 1 of those 3 wins was thanks to a BW come back.

I also like Johnny but until Brian Hoyer loses a few games because of inaccuracy poor play whatever I do not yank him.

The more time Johnny has to let the NFL sink in the better he will be when he gets thrust into the starting position for whatever reason.

WSS

to say it an easier way:

Again with the "He was a journeyman so what he's actually doing on the field doesn't matter" argument.

Why don't you just let it play out?

Oh .. Because you're not a Browns fan, you're a Cowboy fan with a raging boner for our backup QB. Which is really weird.

Do you have any Oklahoma St. fans interrupting your discussions of the Cowbows/Cards game with threads shitting on Romo to promote their interest in Weeden on your Cowboy boards?

Because that's what this is.

I actually like Romo.

What I don't like is you steerfuckers telling us what (you think) we don't know about our own team.

Z

Oh .. Because you're not a Browns fan, you're a Cowboy fan with a raging boner for our backup QB. Which is really weird.

Do you have any Oklahoma St. fans interrupting your discussions of the Cowbows/Cards game with threads shitting on Romo to promote their interest in Weeden on your Cowboy boards?

What I don't like is you steerfuckers telling us what (you think) we don't know about our own team.

What is it with Texas fans and their QB's anyway????

The nuts came out when we drafted Colt McCoy. Told us he was god and our savior and would just win win win.

Then they REALLY came out for Johnny and still haven't left. Geez. I like Johnny, but his fans make me want to puke.

Now, they're telling us Weeden is good and filling our board with posts about an old broken Romo.

Huh? Did we draft the whole fuckin state or something???? Why are they here? Are the Browns now Americas team?

If Weeden is the best back up QB available, you must be in a 48 team league.

Now that's funny...

Cleveland fans are betting what you've seen out of Wee-done isn't the Wee-done Browns fans have come to know and love, The guy is capable of single handedly losing a game...

He's been working on his game and is now capable of losing with either hand...

I do think the weapons and firepower around Weedon will make him look better. He has a live arm and i think he is a good guy.

Wheezy has a very strong arm and is as pure as driven snow, but you can't fix stupid.

Also if you thought Newton was displaying a lack of touch last nite, you ain't seen nothin' yet...

Huh? Did we draft the whole fuckin state or something???? Why are they here?

Yes... that is exactly what we did. Draft a star QB from TAMU or tu (AKA TU), and the legions will follow.

Just be thankful that it's looking like Colt will not get a chance to win 2 in a row... or his legions would be back.

. I dont see this “legion” of fans.

Can't help if you're blind. If I wanted to spend the time(and I dont) I could point out hundreds of Texas posts on this Cleveland board raging about Colt & JFF. .

Now, can you direct me to a TEXAS board full of Cleveland fans telling you about Weeden? Or a Pitts thread full Ohioans ranting about BR? Of course not, because we dont care.

And I Wasn't referring to you specifically or just this thread. There are 10,397 other JFF threads to choose from and all are full of TX QB experts telling us about their great QB's and how we need to handle them.

Take your pick. Go Browns!

I dont see this “legion” of fans. I see maybe a handful of Manziel fans, but hey embellish and exaggerate all you want!

Not anymore... but once, not too long ago, you were but a tree in the forest. One of the more tolerable trees, as you actually purported to have an interest in learning about your "new team", but one of many.

And then JM sat... and some faded away.

And then Hoyer won... and most ran away.

And then the 'Boys developed their surprise run... and even you drifted away.

At one point the legion was down to TexasAg69.

Then Hoyer looks a little shakey, loses a game and here you (and others) are again.

And I did not even mention the major tank job A&M has pulled...

You can find posts about alot of stuff. Hell do a search for gay references. Bet they outnumber actual football conversations.

This same tired argument of, you dont see Browns fans on Cowboys message boards. First of all, if you wanted to post on a Cowboys message board(s), i wouldnt care the slightest if you did. I also wouldnt make the claim that all of Ohio is flooding our boards. Because, its a very very very small percentage of the fan base. Most Cowboys/Texas fans are not here and are not Manziel fans. Hate to break the news to you.

Whatever. I love how you change what I say, then try to debate it. Try "comprehending" what is written, BEFORE commenting.

I didnt say you would care if we posted on Cowboys boards. I just said we weren't posting on Texas boards.

And I didnt claim All of Texas was flooding our boards either. I just said our boards had a bunch of nuts from Texas posting on them.

And it could only be a very very small percentage of Texas that is posting here(just like you say). Im just saying the ones that ARE here completely annoy the fuck out of me.

And it could be that most Cowboys/Texas fans are not here and are not Maniel fans. Never said otherwise. But the ones THAT are here are unprecedented.

Meaning, that we've drafted a lot of players, but none came with the idiot contingent that McCoy and Manzier came with.

Hate to break the news to you.

I fully get it: Hoyer is unproven despite being a veteran of several years. And you think that makes him on par with some of the worst QBs in history.

Hoyer is still in Jamarcus Russell company;

And, of course, this is complete and utter ignorance. In his short time Brian Hoyer has a .700 win pct. What was Russell's win pct. in his short time?

lets tap the breaks on calling Romo out in comparison to Hoyer.

No....we just don't like utter ignorance like you are uttering. Do you want to be taken seriously or not? If so, then don't use examples like the worst QB busts in NFL history to compare him to. Russell was #1 overall, Leaf #2 overall......Hoyer was undrafted. He had many strikes going against him to begin with. By the time that Hoyer even got the opportunity to show he could be a starter in this league those other guys busted out. Choose a better example.

All i can give you is my own opinion. I dont care if you dont post on Cowboy message boards. Whatever you decide to do with your message boarding, is fine by me. Just not sure why you are so concerned with mine? Im not concerned with YOU or your board at all. In fact, I dont think Ive ever spoken to YOU once. It appears you just feel a need to speak for/represent all the Texas douche bags I WAS talking about

Just for perspective. The Cowboys message board i spend time on. There is maybe one other Manziel fan. Nobody else is or just doesnt have a strong opinion on it. Most are happy the Cowboys passed on him. Good for you. Yay!

I like watching him play. Thats all it is. No really deep meaning. My dick only gets hard for females and sometimes on its own in the morning. And I dont care about your dick. What is it with you Texas folks?. Now we gotta hear about your dick too??????

I love how some of you claim to hate these fans from other teams coming here and ruining our precious little board when you spend 18 or so pages spooning with them. It's an internet forum. Fucking Harry Potter fags can come here and talk about how their intramural quiidditch team would avg 5 ypc against the Browns run D. And they might actually be right. Point is who gives a fuck. Don't respond to someone's post if doing so dry's out your vag.

I love how some of you claim to hate these fans from other teams We can hate whoever we want. And can also post about it. If YOU dont like it, then follow your own advice.

It's an internet forum. Doh, Really?

Fucking Harry Potter fags can come here and talk about how their intramural quiidditch team would avg 5 ypc against the Browns run D. And they might actually be right. And they'd be annoying as fuck too.

Point is who gives a fuck. Apparently you do. Otherwise, why do you give a fuck if I even reply??? Or are you just making another pointless point?

Don't respond to someone's post if doing so dry's out your vag. Who say it dries out anything? Maybe I LIKE responding to their posts? Or is that not allowed?

As an aside, you guys sure are hung up on talking about dicks and Vag's. Just sayin.

I simply asked """why so many Texas fans feel the need to post here.?"""

It was a simple question that seems hard for some of you to understand.

As far as i can tell, i was the only one talking about Weeden playing well last week. I dont particularly see the whole state of Texas posting in this thread. But hey if i represent the whole state, then thats cool i guess, lol. I dont see this “legion” of fans. I see maybe a handful of Manziel fans, but hey embellish and exaggerate all you want! I made one Romo comment, then Zombo claimed Hoyer was better, thats how that started. Go Cowboys!

No ... You made the pompous statement to someone else "Don't ever compare Hoyer to Romo", to which I replied ... "You're right, Hoyer doesn't choke from what we've seen so far".

You wanna be a douchebag on a Browns Board ... go right ahead ... but you're still just a Cowboy fan with a crush on our backup QB ... so we're going to make fun of both of those things.

Zombo

the manzier vs. clev4fanforlife forum fight is getting interesting. kinda reminds me of the snarking posts i'd make to mikeH.

time to make some popcorn!

btw. you know who my vote goes to for most annoying JF poster. and it's not even close.

Harry Potter fags can come here and talk about how their intramural quiidditch team would avg 5 ypc against the Browns run D

No way that would happen. We would stuff 'em.

the manzier vs. clev4fanforlife forum fight is getting interesting. kinda reminds me of the snarking posts i'd make to mikeH.

time to make some popcorn!

btw. you know who my vote goes to for most annoying JF poster. and it's not even close.

The back and forth between you and Walter white was a premier matchup always worth a laugh

Archived