THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 13: @ Bills

Tour2ma

All i hope for is good plays to be executed with positive yards, gaining 1st downs with no panic state of minds. I want to make a statement that the Browns are as good as all the rest of the teams with a winning record. Every game is very important to win now. We can only hope that the Steelers, Bengals & Ravens will lose many of their games so we need to win one game at a time.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are going to beat Buffalo, you better have a strong 4 man rush, and get out to a early lead. If you load heavy towards Watkins like the Jets did last night, Robert Woods will eat you alive one on one. Our receivers are as deep and fast as it gets.

Watkins is talented, but has been very quiet against good CBs. Look at his games against Revis, Sean Smith, and Grimes... Now he gets to go against Haden... One-on-one... I'll take Haden against a rookie all day...

Just like Kansas City and MIami did, we will try and force Orton, Woods, Hogan, and that below average stable of RBs to beat us. Our secondary matches up great against those guys. The passing game is not our concern, it's stopping the run. I fully expect the Browns to load up against the run and try to force Orton to win the game... I like our odds if we can do that... (P.S. We're NOT the Jets...)

On offense, there will be a steady diet of draw plays, screen passes, and play-action against an over-aggressive front. It's the only way we'll give Hoyer time to attack the Bills' secondary - which is pretty suspect. The Bills rely heavily on their pass-rush, but when it doesn't get there, that secondary can get torched... They will have trouble covering Gordon, who will require a lot of safety attention, which will allow Hawkins/Austin/Gabriel (and possibly Cameron) a lot of space to work... All that is just icing on the cake if we can get the Crow running early and often...

I expect to win another close one. Not sold on Hoyer "snapping out" of his funk, not sold on our run D, and definetly not sold on our STs...

Should be a cake walk for the Browns.

We'll talk Sunday night..

No. While your DBs may be no match for the Browns WRs, you do have one of the best pass rushes in the league. If that is going on it can negate any advantage an offense has with it receivers.....as QBs cannot complete passes from their asses.

Back in NC from Atl. game, it was awesome!! Boys, there is no doubt, Atl. owns the smokingest cheerleading staff in all the world.. On to the Bills, They own properly one of the best D front and LB's in all of football, if you can get to there secondary there beatable, Mack will be missed big time in this one. Tour2ma, your our best lineman we know and this matchup is all about our O Line. Pass Protect and run block. Got the match ups and your thought's???

Right on Gumby. Thanks for bringing a W home from ATL.

I'm looking forward to this one too. I think George mentioned a litmus test, and that's how l see it. The O line and other blockers on the offense have a pack of wolverines to fend off, and l wanna see if they can do it.

A little bit worried aboit our backs in pass protection. I wonder if West may get the start in this one since he seems to have the edge in that category.

Also looking forward to our first game with ALL the ammo. FINALLY! Gordon, Cam, Miles, Hawk, Gabe, the doc and Gary. Oh my!

If the Browns don't stack, and I don't think they should because Woods will eat Skrine alive, Watkins will get his share of throws. I wouldn't put too much stock into Watkins stats. The kid will be wide open.

We can stack the box, because our secondary plays solid man coverage... We've played Haden, Skrine, and Williams man coverage all season long, and we're currently ranked 6th in yards per pass attempt, Tied for 2nd in INTs, and ranked 2nd in opponents passer rating... I think I trust our secondary...

It's funny. I'm equally as confident that Skrine will shut down Woods as you are the opposite... I guess we both have our biases...

Watkins will be wide open?? He may win a couple of those battles for short yards, but for the most part he will struggle against Joe Haden... not a doubt in my mind...

Should be a cake walk for the Browns.

We'll talk Sunday night..

Why would it be a cakewalk you fucking idiot? Your defense is really good.

You're just too much off a dicknose to admit that our WRs are deeper and better.

Zombo

Head-to-Head... based on rankings...

Browns Offense vs Bills Defense

Scoring - Browns 16th vs Bills 4th

Yards per play - Browns 15th vs Bills 2nd

Passing Yards/Game - Browns 11th vs Bills 5th

Passer Rating - Browns 26th vs Bills 5th

Rushing Yards/Game - Browns 14th vs Bills 8th

Rushing TDs - Browns 2nd vs Bills 2nd (TIE)

Sacks - Browns 5th vs Bills 1st

Advantage Bills in 6 out of 7 categories

Browns Defense vs Bills Offense

Scoring - Browns 8th vs Bills 19th

Yards per play - Browns 8th vs Bills 25th

Passing Yards/Game - Browns 9th vs Bills 20th

Passer Rating - Browns 2nd vs Bills 16th

Rushing Yards/Game - Browns 29th vs Bills 23rd

Rushing TDs - Browns 17th vs Bills 18th

Sacks - Browns 18th vs Bills 18th (TIE)

Advantage Browns in 5 out of 7 categories

Looks like a mostly defensive matchup. At a glance, it looks like the Bills' D is slightly better than ours, but our O is quite a bit better than theirs. Should be a good one...

sam wyche as in cincinnati sam wyche? who made stupid comments about a rival?

wow. now you're reaching.

don't blow my respect for the bills by turning into an Ahole.

we both need this game. you can't expect to come on the brown's board and beat your chest without a few of the die hard's trying to knock you down a notch or two..........insults or not.

just sayin. i doubt if you'll see any of us on the bill's board right now.

Perception is reality... Like it or not.

Nobody will ever forget that one...

BTW, if beating your chest is calling someone an asshole, dicknose and fuckng idiot, then don't get upset when your intelligence isn't respected..

Pretty simple, if the shoe still fits.....

if you can't take a little team rivalry without insulting like a 10 year old, it says a lot...

Come on now George, none of this sad sack bullshit. You been here long enough. You got the grit to hang on this message board, and you know it.

Objectively speaking l'm not sure there's a cooler rival fan in this place.

But it's square off week.

And calling someone dicknose is like calling someone a dork around here.

Which is apparently is a mule's dick, the offspring between a horse and a donkey, capable of carrying heavy shit, but incapable of reproducing. So it sounds worse than it is, but it really isn't.

And l'm nervous as hell about this game, but l've come to a good place with that.

I gotta know at this point if the Browns are as good as l hope they are, and l think the Bills are gonna show us something there. Especially Hoyer.

After his shit performance last week, he's gotta know it's time to step up. If he steps up and plays a helluva game, l might be sold on the guy. If not, well that shows us something.

The amount Skrine has improved is insane. To say Woods will eat him alive is nonsense! Both Haden and Skrine have played 1 on 1 converge against better WR's then they will Sunday, but I am very concerned with the bills Dline. HOU,JAX and Gerald McCoy ate us alive for the most part, so we need to be on our A game!

The amount Skrine has improved is insane. To say Woods will eat him alive is nonsense! Both Haden and Skrine have played 1 on 1 converge against better WR's then they will Sunday, but I am very concerned with the bills Dline. HOU,JAX and Gerald McCoy ate us alive for the most part, so we need to be on our A game!

Not to mention our safety play has been really good, sucks missing gipson though.

Yeah Gipson will be missed, Is Jim Leonhard officially the next man up at the safety position? He played 3 years in Buffalo when he first came in the league, if that holds any value.

I think so, he's a decent depth and rotational guy. Not an exceptional player, but decent.

Yeah Gipson will be missed, Is Jim Leonhard officially the next man up at the safety position? He played 3 years in Buffalo when he first came in the league, if that holds any value.

Leonhard is a 10 year vet, and there's been a lotta changes in Buffalo.

His relationship with the groundskeeper might mitigate the struggle with the lay of the land, but probably not much else.

I've been respectful. I like the Browns etc. I hope our Lake Erie teams starts a rise to glory for once..obviously, I think the Bills are is a much better place right now.

You sir, are the reason, and the type of person the rest of the NFL equates with Cleveland, right back to the Sam Wyche days.

Please don't bother responding to any more of my posts. I would appreciate that. I honestly don't want to waste one second of my time on someone as nasty as you are towards others.

As for the rest of my Cleveland friends and Lake Erie teams, I will never Insult you with a childish stupid name like this guy constantly does. We both love our teams, and feel we will win.

Truth is, which ever team loses this game may be out of the playoffs. We will put all of this speculating to rest on Sunday, and I'll be here one way or another Sunday night..

So ... I called bullshit on your "best and fastest WRs" silly, giddy remark, and proved it with a player to player comparison ... and now ... you mad.

Z

"Look over here ... he called me names ... so let's all concentrate on that and ignore the fact that I just got facialed!"

The Browns must take the lead Early and force Orton to throw. Thank God Gordon is back! Alex Smith got a win in Buffalo although it was close. This could come down to who has the better play calling. If Gordon can take one to the house early and we feed the Crow its winnable.

The Browns must take the lead Early and force Orton to throw. Thank God Gordon is back! Alex Smith got a win in Buffalo although it was close. This could come down to who has the better play calling. If Gordon can take one to the house early and we feed the Crow its winnable.

I see the defense forcing turnovers and us capitalizing on them this week. No way Hoyer has his third shitty game in a row. I see him throwing 2 tds with no turnovers, which will be well enough to win with the way our d has been playing recently.

If you saw the KC game, Buffalo dominated them from start to finish defensively. The only reason that game was lost was because Orton was bad Orton that day, and Marrone doesn't understand the sense of going for it on 4th down on the opponents 30. We get that half a yard, we win. Fucking coaches and their "playing not to lose" theory.

The only way the Browns win is by opals theory. Not going to happen this week. Jackson is back healthy for the first time in a month. Dixon and Brown will spell him. Orton will throw for 300 yards again, Woods is on fire from the attention Sammy has been getting, if sammy is single covered, he will get 150 yards himself, and Marrone DOESNT DARE go uber conservative again. The fans here will storm the field and string him to the goal post if he does.

For the Bills to lose, and it could happen, bad bad Kyle shows up and Fred gets hurt again.

For the bills to lose, the browns play better that day.

Sammy hasn't had much more than a few catches the past 3-4 weeks (since the jets?) and now against one of the best NFL secondaries he's going to get 150? Get rizzle.

The browns dominated KC last year for the most part (with Jason Campbell) and lost. Anything can happen, but you don't beat the browns by throwing for 300+ because that isn't our weakness. Runnin between the tackles is our weakness.

I know buffalo better than you guys, and you know the Browns better than me.
Watkins has drawn double teams every week accept against Revis. Buffalo won't let Orton throw against double teams and obviously not against Revis. Everyone loads to his side. And of course when he is wide open, Orton is keyed on Woods or Chandler. If the Browns let Hayden cover one on one, and the do a Revis, I'll be pissed. They aren't even looking at him. The jets receptions were between double coverage, which was more about Orton than Revis.

KC isn't that good. Who ever played them in the playoffs will get an almost bye.
They have Jamal Charles who is the real deal, and some other nice pieces, but nothing close to a contender.

If the Bills do happen to lose, il be here to take my lumps....

Haden has been pretty lights out.

At least our backup QB and your QB have something in common (although Orton may have other problems)

broP8t7.gif

Either way, it should be a D-heavy match, but I think we have the better receiver in Gordon, and arguably the better/hotter running backs. Then again, it's at your place, which should even it out.

Will good Orton show up, and give your team a chance? Will bad Brian show up and hand your team 14 points? You could probably play this game 50 times and come out about 25-25.

Put this in the potential "I told you so" column.

Stopping Watkins isn't your problem here. You will have him well accounted for, and your best corner will be all over him. Probably some safety help to boot.

Your problem is Robert Woods.

This guy is another emerging potential super star wide out which the rest of the NFL will clearly know about next year. He isn't getting the best corner like he attracted last year thanks to Sammy.

If you leave this guy one on one with Skrine, expect a ton of balls thrown his way, and he had the hands to catch anything. Woods and Watkins are quickly becoming a two headed monster. A pick your poison scenario.

I'm sure I'm going to get jabbed more about this aspect of the game, but trust me folks, this guy is your problem. If your DBs cover this will, I tip my hat...

If good Kyle shows up..

Better generate some massive pass rush, or good Kyle definitely shows up.

Haden isn't our only good corner, though. We've faced some formidable WR duos and have done really well. Our biggest issue is run defense (due to injury and maybe other circumstances). Also our safety play has been at a pro-bowl level (lucky you Gipson won't be there though) and our LBs not too bad in coverage.

If either team has issues in coverage, it's going to be the bills. Our WR group is better than the bills and it isn't that close, and Cameron should be back.

Watkins is talented, but has been very quiet against good CBs. I'll take Haden against a rookie all day...

Agree... Haden reacts to cuts as well as any back in the league. What gives him fits are double moves and from what I have seen that is not Sammy's forte/

Just like Kansas City and MIami did, we will try and force Orton, Woods, Hogan, and that below average stable of RBs to beat us. Our secondary matches up great against those guys. The passing game is not our concern, it's stopping the run. I fully expect the Browns to load up against the run and try to force Orton to win the game... I like our odds if we can do that... (P.S. We're NOT the Jets...)

Mirror image game plans??? Anytime your lose 6 INTS from your secondary questions have to arise, but that aside I agree.

On offense, there will be a steady diet of draw plays, screen passes, and play-action against an over-aggressive front. It's the only way we'll give Hoyer time to attack the Bills' secondary - which is pretty suspect. The Bills rely heavily on their pass-rush, but when it doesn't get there, that secondary can get torched... They will have trouble covering Gordon, who will require a lot of safety attention, which will allow Hawkins/Austin/Gabriel (and possibly Cameron) a lot of space to work... All that is just icing on the cake if we can get the Crow running early and often...

If we have to rely on "draws..., screens" then we are doomed. Run, PAP and quick passes has been our recipe all year. Getting the ball away fast, under 2 seconds negates their rush. We are not changing now.

I expect to win another close one. Not sold on Hoyer "snapping out" of his funk, not sold on our run D, and definetly not sold on our STs...

Absolutely close.... low scoring and close on the order of 13-10...

Atleast we're not facing Kiko Alonso again

Is that an uncredited Hoyer quote?

Tour2ma, your our best lineman we know and this matchup is all about our O Line. Pass Protect and run block. Got the match ups and your thought's???

LOL... thanks...

Other than McDonald, none of our O-line were really challenged last week... so at least they should be well rested. Part was personnel, but part was also ATL's use of the 4-3 which I think we handle better.

On the Bills... you give Schwartz help on Mario with a TE and McDonald at least a chip from either Bito or Greco... not much more we can do... unless we finally move Bito to Center... ;)

Shit like that will get us banned from the bills board...

As it would 99.9% of the non-XXX boards in existence...

Ain't it grand?

Biggest problem facing the Bills is that nobody knows their weaknesses better than Mike Pettine...

There is that...

Question: How much are you quick screening to Watkins?

Put this in the potential "I told you so" column.

Stopping Watkins isn't your problem here. You will have him well accounted for, and your best corner will be all over him. Probably some safety help to boot.

Your problem is Robert Woods.

This guy is another emerging potential super star wide out which the rest of the NFL will clearly know about next year. He isn't getting the best corner like he attracted last year thanks to Sammy.

If you leave this guy one on one with Skrine, expect a ton of balls thrown his way, and he had the hands to catch anything. Woods and Watkins are quickly becoming a two headed monster. A pick your poison scenario.

I'm sure I'm going to get jabbed more about this aspect of the game, but trust me folks, this guy is your problem. If your DBs cover this well, I tip my hat...

If good Kyle shows up..

Better generate some massive pass rush, or good Kyle definitely shows up.

Skrine's a damn good corner.

Here's your three-headed monster: Covering Hawkins and Gordon while Cameron opens up the seam in the middle.

We promise to take a good look with Robert Woods.

But you still might familiarize yourself with our receiving corps.

When he has played, Gordon has been the best receiver in the NFL over the past two years, bar none.

Hawkins and Gabriel are fast little smurfs that will cut you up.

Austin the consummate pro that runs good routes and makes clutch catches.

Benjamin is the wild card ... fastest player on the team, will get used on trick plays, reverses and bombs.

And then there is our tight ends ... Barnridge and Dray are reliable and powerful ... Cameron is zone defense killer when healthy. Fast enough to run the seam, big enough to bowl you over, athletic enough to make any catch.

If we have Gordon, Cam and Hawk on the field healthy for the first time, your defense will get tested like it hasn't all season.

But I promise we'll watch for woods.

Zombo

I've been respectful. I like the Browns etc. I hope our Lake Erie teams starts a rise to glory for once..obviously, I think the Bills are is a much better place right now.

You sir, are the reason, and the type of person the rest of the NFL equates with Cleveland, right back to the Sam Wyche days.

Please don't bother responding to any more of my posts. I would appreciate that. I honestly don't want to waste one second of my time on someone as nasty as you are towards others.

As for the rest of my Cleveland friends and Lake Erie teams, I will never Insult you with a childish stupid name like this guy constantly does. We both love our teams, and feel we will win.

Truth is, which ever team loses this game may be out of the playoffs. We will put all of this speculating to rest on Sunday, and I'll be here one way or another Sunday night..

Grow a set.

Ok boys, I'll take the insults as nothing more than some Cleveland love.

Shit like that will get us banned from the bills board...

Can't help it they are pussies.

Showdown week.

Let's just hope both teams come away injury free.

No, too late for that. Bills are in a playoff race with the Browns. If they get 5 players sent to IR...all the better for us.

Not life threatening harm....just season ending harm.

Last time was a mess of devastating injuries. We took out your QB, which Kiko was actually sick over, and then you guys castrated Marrone by taking out Manuel on a run that the dumb ass should have run out of bounds on. That was the last time the kid ever left the pocket.

Who are your best players so that the Browns can know who to target with cheap shots? :P

Archived