THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 13: @ Bills

Tour2ma

Somehow this all reminds of hamsters, fathers and eldeberries.

As in "your mother smells of..."?

I come to other teams boards to see what they are saying about the coming matchups, and never post but I have got to say you have it all wrong here.

Z's take was based upon posts by some of your earlier arriving brethren, one of whom earned a new screen name in near record time after some "spirited", getting-to-know-you give and take.

Welcome to the Browns Board...

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the first time I have posted on another team's board because this is the first time I have seen such a blatently, misinformed, and incorrect attack on a fanbase. (Besides trolling)

But that is really what you took from that? I guess I was better off not posting.

Tuel...you're on TBD right?? At least I've seen a member with that name.

Using curse words and foul language does not show intellect, it shows a poor grasp of the English language and generally an inability to communicate.

It's not about how you look on a forum, it reflects the mantra used in life and it should not be the credo on a Browns football forum.

Fuck you , you fuckin' fuck! You can't even spell Dumb Fuck right ! You have a dumb fucking name and you don't like the foul language? Fuck you !

Welcome !

GO BROWNS 1

Fuck you , you fuckin' fuck! You can't even spell Dumb Fuck right ! You have a dumb fucking name and you don't like the foul language? Fuck you !

Welcome !

GO BROWNS 1

I think Zombo actually gave him that name...and Zombo chose to spell it that way...who are we to question the decisions of the great and powerful Wizard...errrr, I mean Zombo.

I think Zombo actually gave him that name...and Zombo chose to spell it that way...who are we to question the decisions of the great and powerful Wizard...errrr, I mean Zombo.

Dont challenge the crystal ball lol. Welcome to the board, Bills fans are much more tolerable than PIT and BAL fans. Hoping for an exciting game with no more injuries. This one will be won in the trenches

First off, I must say that it is atrocious the behavior being shown toward George. It is one thing to disagree and argue or even playfully jest, but to use foul language is quite sad. I'm not here to spout off at anyone, nor am I here to tolerate that. Any behavior displayed like that toward me will be reported and if this board wants to be taken seriously I hope the moderation realizes it looks awful bad when opposing teams come here to learn about your team. If I am told to grow a set I will just laugh, if I am called a pussy, I will still laugh. I don't need to be bigger, stronger or smarter then anyone. I just like football and want to discuss it whilst reminding everyone that others here get a full display of your behavior and how ridiculous it is...

There is not much about your team out there this year that is not "Manziel this" or "Manziel that." I am here for a better understanding from a Bills board, obviously. I think this game will be very fun to watch because it could be just an awful football game that no one really wants to watch. The kind where both QB's throw 3 INT's and no one really does anything worth cheering about. It could easily change if Watkins or Gordon get a breakaway, though. Or ST comes on from someone.

Obviously, I know my team better then your team, so I will speak with all due respect on what I know the best that I know.

First and foremost the Bills WR unit is vastly under appreciated here. Yes Austin, Hawkins and Gabriel are putting up good numbers and Gordon is now back but that does not take away from what Buffalo's WR's are capable of doing on the field. They're not all stars and they're not big names but I would not write them off simply because your unit is better. Our unit is a bunch of scrappers and they're pretty tough.

But, first at QB. I would like to believe that one day Manziel and Manuel with both be the futures of the franchise and take the teams to the playoffs but we are not there, yet. Orton has not been horrible, in fact he has been pretty good. You can't lean on him easily and you cannot depend on him against a top not DB unit. He is not going to lay down, though, and he is going to make some good decisions and get some tough passes out. He is good enough to not lose a ball game.

Our RB unit should not be cast off because Spiller is out and Jackson is banged up. Jackson is always banged out and has the will of twelve men. Dixon and Brown are both capable running backs to keep the ball moving and both offer a mix of speed and power to sustain drives. Dixon will break one free from time to time.

The WR's, again, should not be overlooked just because the Browns are better. I laughed at the comparison earlier in this thread that matched the Bills WR's against the Browns WR's. WR's don't face off against each other, they face off against DB's. And against Pettine I am perfectly comfortable realizing that he does not do very well at scheming in the D backfield. His strength is in the box and he is lucky to have a good DB unit in Cleveland. If I am Buffalo I use two WR sets with one or two TE's from time to time. I go hard at the DB's and attack the center of the field and try to get Pettine to run his 3 safety set. With 3 safeties - one of them being Leonhard - the Bills will have limited ability to run but should be able to pick up the under routes and exploit the LB's. I really like Kruger and hoped the Bills would have brought him in with Daryl Smith a few years back, but they didn't. Anyway, Chandler is a blue collar lunch pale kind of TE who isn't a superstar or even just a star but he is a player and he's going to contribute to a victory - should the Bills be able to achieve one. If I am Buffalo, though, I attack the middle of the defense. I use the Bills speed to beat the Browns in this position.

On the OL I do not expect much success and that is not because the Browns are good. The Bills OL would get beat by 3 brown paper bags. So, if they merely sneeze they should be able to get pressure on the QB. But, as much as I do jest on the Bills I do realize they have been slowly getting better week after week. They're not going to be god awful, but I just don't know if they'll be any good disirregardless of how good the Browns DL/LB are. Orton can elude a sack but he can't do that all day, it will be interesting.

On the DL for the Bills you realize we're pretty good. But, some times they sputter. Some times early they are slow out of the blocks. Cleveland needs to come out and smash the Bills early. West might not be the smash mouther to do this, but I expect the Browns O will try. Smash the Bills early and keep your eyes open for Gordon to break free throughout the game. It won't break the Bills back but it could score points. These Bills don't break and the DL is the reason why.

The Bills LB's are surprising. Brown is not getting much attention but could be up there for DROY if I had anything to do with it. He has played 3 positions at LB and been successful at all of them in extreme circumstances. He has been picked on by some very good QB's (Rivers, Brady, Cutler and even Smith - Smith is not a great QB but can capitalize on poor play). Spikes does not play every down but when he does play he makes a difference. He will ring your bell. Bradham has finally emerged to NFL starting talent which is majorly important for the Bills. Even our backups are contributing with sacks, too.

The DB's are going to be interesting this week as Leodis McKelvin is injured and IR'd. Graham moves up to starter and Gilmore pair up with Robey to form a good set of CB's that will make plays. I cannot say enough about UDFA 2nd year CB Robey. The guy appears out of no where just in time to make a big play. At S we have team leader Aaron Williams and Da'Norris Searcy/Duke Williams. The latter make substitutions from time to time and can allot for the biggest weakness from time to time. I see speed beating our safeties on a few trips down the field but our CB's aren't slow. It will be an interesting situation.

Matchups:

I really like that we are going to face Whitner. The guy is a punk. I like how he plays and hoped he would stay in Buffalo. I hoped he would come back, even. But, he is a liability on the field because of his attitude. I expect the Bills to goad him in to a penalty or two.

On D I like what our DT's will do against the interior OL of the Browns. At times many Bills fans have accused our DT's of disappearing. Lets see what happens this weekend when they need to show up.

Mario Williams vs. everyone. Watt and Keuchly are the brands that are hot right now but I challenge you to watch this weekends game and tell me that Mario Wiliams is not playing the best D in his career and in the NFL. The guy is shutting down entire sides of the field. M. Williams has only given up containment three times this season that I can count. He stops runs to his side, gets to the passer from the outside edge playing a wide 9, even. He is all of the time stronger, faster, and more skilled then his opponents. Opposite him is Jerry Hughes. He is just as fun to watch.

Josh Gordon and the Browns WR's will do very well at moving across the field and eluding coverage schemes. Hoyer vs. the Bills DL will be important. If he can get the quick reads and stay alive long enough to let the required routes win then the Bills will be beat over and over on short yardage passing. That'll open up on a long route. It's up to the entire D to stop Hoyer. No one else. The RB's of the Browns should not be a factor unless something goes terribly wrong or the Bills come out with an awful game plan.

What you'll like to watch:

The Bills DL. Would you believe that for at least 3 or 4 series a game Jerry Hughes Mario Williams, Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus will be on the sidelines? They'll be replaced with Who?-Who?-Who?-Who? They also go by Wynn - Charles - Bryant - Lawson. You may remember Manny Lawson from Cleveland and last year. He has been pretty good throughout his career and continues to shine. This unit accounts for 5.5 sacks. That may not sound like much but for only playing 15-20% of the D snaps that's pretty impressive in my mind.

Conclusion:

The Bills will be hard pressed for a win but the Browns won't come by one easily. I expect the game to be too close to call.

Shut up, pussy.

This is a huge game for both teams. For the Bills here a lost could come very close to putting the playoffs out of reach. For the Browns, they have to win to keep pace not only in the wildcard but in the division and a win gives them a tie breaker over the Bills. The Bills defense is formidable, especially they're front seven. McDonald and Mitchell need to bring their A games. I think another week with Gordon in full practice will help, a clicking Gordon will help the run the game. We need to be close to the 100 yrd mark as a team on the ground to win this game. I think the Bills fans anyways are under estimating the secondary. Missing Gipson will hurt, he was playing lights out this yr, but the secondary has played great the last 4-6 games, once they got comfortable with the defense they have played much better and made things much more difficult on opposing QBs. The Browns should not find the WRs to be anything worse than they have already faced this yr. I like the Bills WRs, they are a good group that will get better, but the Browns have faced better WR groups this yr. My concern is stopping the run and getting enough pressure on Orton to win this game.

Shut up, pussy.

One... he gone... in record time.

Two... you copied that post in it's entirety for a three-word reply?

That's not the TCPO I know...

... even if the reply is.

ugh.

went to my neighbor's jambalaya cook-off last night. he's the buffalo fan. he told me he's from the buffalo area and named the suburb but i can hardly remember the wife's name let alone what time i got home. dude used to own a cajun joint down in the village. had everything bad for you to eat and even worse everything bad for you to drink.

every noise right now sounds like a car crash. think i gotta get a bloody mary in me to right the ship for this game.

FUCK now i find out the game won't be televised in NY? wt mother fucking fuck!! AAAARRRGGGH! the fucking chargers vs. the fucking ratbirds!!!!!!! OMFUCKINGG! buffalo = NY!?!?!?! you pieces of cbs shit!!

Most sports bars have a multi use license that will show it. The other alternative is to google "online sports free" and you can find a few websites that will show it (but you didn't hear it from me).

Nice offensive weapons. You played 7 of your games before this against teams ranked in the bottom 10 defenses in the league. Welcome to the real world.

great win. now buzz off. we have bigger fishes to fry.

you won't get the responses you want now that this has turned into the JOHNNY FOOTBALL FORUM. no place to talk about the game just about johnny's greatness.

I thought I trimmed it. I responded while driving.

In that case, better to not respond at all.

Keep it between the ditches...

Archived