THE BROWNS BOARD

All of us Hoyer backers should admit one thing...

Clevfan4life

Honestly though..

what is the level of bad Hoyer would have to play in order for you guys to agree he should be pulled for Johnny.

In all seriousness.. in your honest opinions, what would Hoyer have to do in order for you to approve a change to JFF

Honestly? 0-3 in the next three games, with blowout losses in all of them. Sorry, but you really have to tone down the JFF man-crush. Bortles, Carr, & Bridgey- a collective 6-27. Your dreamboat JFF is going to ride in on his white horse (and has been pointed out getting scout team reps) and do a whole lot better against the rest of the schedule? Dream on.

Personally, I'd put the odds at 50\50 of Manziel getting the starting nod even if the Browns are 7-8 going into the Ravens game.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Browns are 7-4 with Hoyer. For the love of naked midgets do you even realize how little NFL experience this guy has?

Get over it, he brought the team back and got an important win. Hoyer is a winner and will get better each week. He is the best QB the Browns have had since returning in 1999. Give it a rest already and take the time to smell the 7-4 roses.

Imagine. Ghoolie, the voice of reason......and he is right.

You see.. this is why this place is just ignorant. Animals throwing crap.

Wouldnt we WANT (JM) to be everything he showed he could be?

Wouldnt we be inclined to see the glass half full?

No... You have to set your inclinations aside. We need to see the glass for what it is. It's called objectivity.

Not easy for we mere fans...

I would rather be a JM Fag then a Browns fan so desperate for a winning season they are too afraid to change anything.

Talk about your false choices...

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. I'm sure Thomas would be behind Manziel if Hoyer got hurt.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. Just because they are behind Hoyer doesn't mean they wouldn't be behind Manziel if Hoyer got injured. The fact is Manziel doesn't get the reps in practice that Hoyer gets and no matter how shitty Hoyer plays in practice and/or how good Manziel plays in practice you can't bench a qb 11 games into a playoff run season.

Kinda lost your way in a quote button double click???

Anyway... I would hope the entire team got behind whomever was their starter. It's called being a Pro.

But that's not the question. The question is "Given the choice which QB would the team rather have lead them?" It's a question to which we will never know the answer.

Doesn't mean we can't speculate...

I suspect you'd see a demographic microcosm of this forum with younger players going for the flashy new model and older vets the older vet...

not that the Browns have any vets as old as ones around here...

excepting maybe McQuistan...

who looked really old against JAX.

I say we stay with Hoyer as long as he is winning, His subpar play has been just good enough to get by shitty teams. His only quality wins have been against Cincy and Pitt. The rest of his wins were against garbage teams that we should have blown out. Our last 4 out of 5 are quality teams. If Hoyer's play continues to deteriorate, Im seeing a possible 8-8. May need to make a switch once we are mathematically eliminated.

yeah the browns would have to hit the shitter pretty good and just tank the way the rest of the season for a change to be made this year. i really doubt we'd go that far if we were to make it to the playoffs so if we are losing out throw JF in the last game, let him run around for awhile and let the fans see how bad he really is and VOILA.......... no more QB controversy. and no more JF fags for next year.

The Browns are 7-4 with Hoyer. For the love of naked midgets do you even realize how little NFL experience this guy has?

Get over it, he brought the team back and got an important win. Hoyer is a winner and will get better each week. He is the best QB the Browns have had since returning in 1999. Give it a rest already and take the time to smell the 7-4 roses. Ghoolie

Nailed it.

Getting better each week? Are you actually watching? He has been getting worse with each passing week. He's been winning so it overshadows his shit ty play. All the reason to stay with him.

Getting better each week? Are you actually watching? He has been getting worse with each passing week. He's been winning so it overshadows his shit ty play. All the reason to stay with him.

From my O-line Review this week... just for you, TD...

Weekly Special Request: From me: Break Down Hoyer's Footwork...

Don't jump out of your chair and down my throat, but I think ATL was Hoyer's best game in a while... mechanically. It felt that way watching the game and damned if it doesn't seem true upon further review. I hedge only because I have not formerly broken down BH's game before.

Thus week I added a "Hoyer footwork note" to every pass play. On every drop back pass I noted the step relationship of BH's feet at release and the "authority" of the pass. For the step I use analog clock dial, e.g., 12:00 being straight ahead and 09:00 being a complete bail.

On roll outs Brian always ended up jumping into the air. Especially on plays where he is running parallel to or away from the LOS. On these I noted last foot on the ground at release as it does vary. The one, late "scramble" when he was moving towards the LOS he strode forward as one would expect.

For all plays I rated "throw authority": a check (C ) meant a tight, "authoritative" spiral on a good line; an 'O' meant good pass but with noticeably less zip; and 'X' meant weak, wobbler. And, of course, I also noted throw result.

Here's the breakdown:

Dropbacks: Total 36

12-6 w/ 4C&2O; 1130-12 w/ 9C&2O&1X; 11-6 w/ 5C&1X;

1030-3 w/ 2C&1O; 10-2 w/ 2O; 09-7 w/ 2C&1O&4X

Of the 24 throws striding to 1100 or later, Brian threw 18 tight balls ©, 4 OKs (O) and 2 weaklings (X).

For the 18 C's he was 13/18. For the 4 O's he was 1/4 w/ 1INT. For the 2 X's he was 0/2.

Of the 12 throws when he "stepped in the bucket" (remember Vic Davalillo?) or strode to 1030 or earlier, he went 6/12 w/ 4C (4/4), 4O (2/4), & 4X (0/4 w/2 INT).

Rolls/Flushed runs: Total 6

Roll Left: RightFoot- 1C, LeftFoot- 1O ; MoveUp: RF- 1C, LF- none

Roll Right: RF- 2C, LF- 1X

Small sample size, but when throwing off his right ("back") foot Brian threw 4 quality passes in 4 attempts. The results of these 4 were 4 completions for +15, +5, +7 and +24 yards. Off his left ("Front") foot he threw 1 C, completed for 9, and 1 O, a weak, high incompletion in Gordo's direction.

Archived