THE BROWNS BOARD

Gipson

Zombo

First, unless there's something uniquely terrible about his injury, you pay Gipson... probably with more incentive $$$ than otherwise might have, but you pay him...

As for moves... I think Leonard is it until Bade returns. Poyer has likely been getting reps at FS, but no idea who else might be. To even be a consideration in the near term a candidate would have had reps before the coming week.

First, unless there's something uniquely terrible about his injury, you pay Gipson... probably with more incentive $$$ than otherwise might have, but you pay him...

As for moves... I think Leonard is it until Bade returns. Poyer has likely been getting reps at FS, but no idea who else might be. To even be a consideration in the near term a candidate would have had reps before the coming week.

Totally agree there. Leonard will have to be the guy in the short term and maybe rotate some guys in as well. It's such a dang shame too cause the secondary was gelling like crazy lately. My only hope is that it ends up being a sprain and 3-4 weeks, keep your fingers crossed. It look bad though.

I was impressed with our decimated Defense today, keep in mind it was against by most account the worst Oline in the league. I think Gipsons season ender is possibly the most significant injury on our defense this year, and that's sayin a lot guys. We've got fucked from an injury standpoint, but this one is the worst yet. Just by replay, he tore his MCL with that whiplash, at best. He's fuckin done. Can Leonard fill in adequately for the league leading pick off man.... Not feeling great about it

No dude, it whiplashed to the outside stretching out that MCL in the direction it doesn't like to go... I know all to well

Unfortunately you are right... replay showed knee bending 10 degrees or so sideways. Can't recall seeing a sideways bend that dramatic.

Obviously you never watched The Ohio State Miami national Championship

mcgahee.jpg

Wrongo...saw it live and through replays ad nauseam.

McGahee's knee was not sideways... it was backwards... and the worst knee injury I've ever seen.

It may be second only to Joe Theisman's leg break as the worst football injury I've seen period. But only because the extent of Daryl Stingley's was not apparent the moment it happened.

OK... let me have it for being literal again...

Unfortunately you are right... replay showed knee bending 10 degrees or so sideways. Can't recall seeing a sideways bend that dramatic.

It was a sideways bend? Watching the replay, I thought is was exactly opposite of the way your knee normally bends. Either way, OUCH, but I thought maybe it would be just a serious strain/no tear.

Shaun Livingston. If you haven't seen it please look it up.

No. We don't know for sure. But if you've ever played football in your fucking life, and you wat he'd Tashaun get carted off, you should fucking know dumbass. Sorry, just saying. It was fu kin obvious. Maybe you played baseball.

Are you gonna come back and eat crow? I swear posts like this drive me crazy

Great news btw.

Adrian Peterson's ACL tear, Navarro Bowman's knee explosion in the NFC Championship last year, and Daunte Culpepper's ACL tear that essentially ended his career (assuming you assumed he still had one after Moss left.)

Those three were much, much, much, much worse bends than that whip lash.

That being said, I have had my ACL replaced, and ended up getting my black belt on a gimpy knee.

So I know what it feels like, and everytime I see a knee bend where it shouldn't, I cringe and hope for the best, but know its probably bad. As it is, they are saying 6-8 weeks currently.

Archived