THE BROWNS BOARD

Shanahan

LondonBrown

7-4.... 7-4...... 7......and....

4.....I say again....7-4.

Which is to say much better than most of us with reasonable expectations anticipated. Examine:

Career backup QB though I love him to death....

Rag tag WR Corp...

Major injuries to O Line, D Line, and now Ta Shawn.....

....and don't forget: one of the best PLAYERS in the game today in Flash Gordon suspended up until this past game....

I would say, no emphatically proclaim, that our rookie HC and OC have done a downright fantastic job. Better than we have seen in a long long time. They are real FOOTBALL heads. At 7-4, I can only see us going up from here.

So get off Shanny's jock. He has done a fine job, much better than myself and any of you armchair prognosticators could ever dream to do.

Shanahan's offenses with CLE and WAS, rank high in yardage but lower on points.

CLE ranks 10th in yards but 16th in points, indicating an efficiency problem where TD opportunities become FG's and FG opportunities become punts, or where scoring opportunities become turn-overs.

CLE's efficiency problem is not as bad as what happened at WAS last season.

WAS ranked 9th in yards and 23rd in points, which is such amazing inefficiency that I can't believe anyone would ever offer Shanahan a job after that. I have never seen such an appalling ratio of yards-to-points.

Shanahan's offenses with CLE and WAS, rank high in yardage but lower on points.

CLE ranks 10th in yards but 16th in points, indicating an efficiency problem where TD opportunities become FG's and FG opportunities become punts, or where scoring opportunities become turn-overs.

CLE's efficiency problem is not as bad as what happened at WAS last season.

WAS ranked 9th in yards and 23rd in points, which is such amazing inefficiency that I can't believe anyone would ever offer Shanahan a job after that. I have never seen such an appalling ratio of yards-to-points.

We know we don't have many red-zone turnovers (or turnovers in general), so it's just TD opportunities becoming FGs. I blame one of those on not running at the 6-YD line - which led to a turnover

WAS had a lot more going on besides the shanahan's though (And they still do)

We know we don't have many red-zone turnovers (or turnovers in general), so it's just TD opportunities becoming FGs. I blame one of those on not running at the 6-YD line - which led to a turnover

WAS had a lot more going on besides the shanahan's though (And they still do)

Well, being 9th or 10th in yardage in spite of the various issues that CLE and WAS have is quite an accomplishment in itself, however games are still won with points.

I became somewhat of an expert on inefficient offenses while watching PIT under Bruce Arians. It's nice to see that "offensive genius" Arians continues to make a career out of winning games with defense, since he, as a coach leaves the defense alone. Notice that ARI has the #2 defense in the NFL and the #18 offense. Sound familiar? Those are the same type of stats that PIT put up year after year.

I can tip-my-hat the Arians' ability to judge and select talent but aside from that . . . . . PIT put those rings on his fingers in spite of his shitty coaching. But he loves wearing those rings, even on-the-field while coaching other teams.

Archived