THE BROWNS BOARD

Ar10 vs scar17

Clevfan4life

Im just a big fan of the AR platform. It's so widely available, tons of part support, more reasonably priced.

From a purely personal stanfpoint..i cant stand how the AR's look. The scar looks like a more robust better made weapon which also happens to be ad light or lighter with less recoil.

The scar is not a beginners rifle, but i honestly think in a few years either these guns will be entirely unavailable or scarce so as to drive the price way up. Thats actally the most likely way they fuck with rifles, impose some tax to make them exhorbitantly expensive

They are there but you pay a premium. Everything SCAR related will be pricey. I couldn't tell you about parts availability. I imagine they are difficult to source because FN has that reputation.

Yeah i saw a reflex site for some ridiculous amt. But thats fine cause i will be shooting through iron only for awile. Im going to learn how to shoot the old fashioned way

That is important. Some people have forgotten how to do that.

exactly, i'm seeing scopes that you input the ammo ur using and it auto calcs for drop. Ok i'd use that in an actual combat situation taking like a 700+ yd shot. But i want to be able to be able to competently shoot something at short to med ranges with nothing but me eyeballs and some iron.

Archived