THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump is getting screwed

One Post

capital.

I've called Trump a circus barker - a showman. I still see it, but more and more, I see the man that isn't

just that.

Some things he has said comes from the heart, and he's right on the money. Some things he says are still

seeming a outlandish burst for attention.

But based on some things he's said, he's more than the circus barker It's time for the rinos to STFU and get on

board. There isn't any way to do a switcharoo for a bland rino candidate to take his place - he is the candidate

because so many reps are sick and tired of the gutless republican weak-kneed pussyfootting around.

Trump isn't the type they like? I say, then good. That is the freaking message being sent to them.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're quoting Slate now?

Cmon, Ed. I'm a liberal, and even I don't quote Slate.

I'm just pointing out its not accurate to just say he could have invested in the S&P500

The guy wipes his ass with gold and has employed thousands of people and has more recognition than the Clintons, no matter how you slice it he's a ridiculously successful dude and I don't understand the attacks on that

I'm just pointing out its not accurate to just say he could have invested in the S&P500

The guy wipes his ass with gold and has employed thousands of people and has more recognition than the Clintons, no matter how you slice it he's a ridiculously successful dude and I don't understand the attacks on that

That was just a joke about the source, guy. Slate is a decent outlet. Now, if you resorted to Salon articles....

Honestly? Trump is very wealthy, and he wouldn't have gotten so if he didn't show some amount of business acumen. However, I think he often does exaggerate how wealthy he is. In one speech he gave, he claimed to be worth $10b, Forbes estimates its more like &4.5b, less than half of what he boasts.

That was just a joke about the source, guy. Slate is a decent outlet. Now, if you resorted to Salon articles....

Honestly? Trump is very wealthy, and he wouldn't have gotten so if he didn't show some amount of business acumen. However, I think he often does exaggerate how wealthy he is. In one speech he gave, he claimed to be worth $10b, Forbes estimates its more like &4.5b, less than half of what he boasts.

He adds billions to his brand in the $10B number, I believe Forbes excludes it because it's not really clear how you can value a brand like that. Would somebody pay $3B for the rights to the Trump name? Probably not.

One thing about the tax returns, Old, is that's just a talking point of the left. I can't believe that it really concerns you. As a matter of fact, and I think you're an honest man who wouldn't lie about this, how much time did you spend looking into Ted Cruz tax returns? Or any of the other candidates who you like? I would guess not or at least not very much.

All anybody's tax returns are good for as for the opposition to go through them with a fine-tooth comb and dig up something to bitch about.

And I can almost guarantee that some opposition member could find something to bitch about in anyone's tax returns, and if that person is a Republican the media will blow it out of proportion.

WSS

Donald Trump Starts Summer Push With Crippling Money Deficit

Donald J. Trump enters the general election campaign laboring under the worst financial and organizational disadvantage of any major party nominee in recent history, placing both his candidacy and his party in political peril.

Mr. Trump began June with just $1.3 million in cash on hand, a figure more typical for a campaign for the House of Representatives than the White House. He trailed Hillary Clinton, who raised more than $28 million in May, by more than $41 million, according to reports filed late Monday night with the Federal Election Commission.

He has a staff of around 70 people — compared with nearly 700 for Mrs. Clinton — suggesting only the barest effort toward preparing to contest swing states this fall.

The Trump campaign has not aired a television advertisement since he effectively secured the nomination in May and has not booked any advertising for the summer or fall. Mrs. Clinton and her allies spent nearly $26 million on advertising in June alone, according to the Campaign Media Analysis Group, pummeling Mr. Trump over his temperament, his statements and his mocking of a disabled reporter. The only sustained reply, aside from Mr. Trump’s gibes at rallies and on Twitter, has come from a pair of groups that spent less than $2 million combined.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/21/us/politics/donald-trump-money-campaign.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

*Trump needs to start running a better campaign and looks like he needs to do some more self funding.

One thing about the tax returns, Old, is that's just a talking point of the left. I can't believe that it really concerns you. As a matter of fact, and I think you're an honest man who wouldn't lie about this, how much time did you spend looking into Ted Cruz tax returns? Or any of the other candidates who you like? I would guess not or at least not very much.

All anybody's tax returns are good for as for the opposition to go through them with a fine-tooth comb and dig up something to bitch about.

And I can almost guarantee that some opposition member could find something to bitch about in anyone's tax returns, and if that person is a Republican the media will blow it out of proportion.

WSS

I'm voting for Trump WSS so I would like to see him win. I posted that about Trump's lack of disclosing his tax returns just to say Trump will get hammered over it by the democrats and why wouldn't most people think he has something to hide? Every candidate for decades now has voluntarily turned over their tax returns. Trump's excuse of not turning over his tax returns because of being audited is lame and everyone knows it.

I'm voting for Trump WSS so I would like to see him win. I posted that about Trump's lack of disclosing his tax returns just to say Trump will get hammered over it by the democrats and why wouldn't most people think he has something to hide? Every candidate for decades now has voluntarily turned over their tax returns. Trump's excuse of not turning over his tax returns because of being audited is lame and everyone knows it.

I completely understand that given the choice between him and Hillary you will most certainly vote Trump. It was just hard for me to believe that you care that much about his tax returns or that you would if it were someone you like better. That's all.

WSS

Besides that if we are going to be offended we should be offended that Hillary is getting a free ride from the media while Republicans and Democrats and the left-wing news spend 95% of their day bitching about Trump and misconstruing the things he says.

Almost no Venom is being turned against Hillary

WSS

Besides that if we are going to be offended we should be offended that Hillary is getting a free ride from the media while Republicans and Democrats and the left-wing news spend 95% of their day bitching about Trump and misconstruing the things he says.

Almost no Venom is being turned against Hillary

WSS

The new campaign manager for Trump I think could make a huge difference. Paul Manafort is a pro who knows how to run a presidential campaign. Since locking up the nomination in May Trump has done horribly in pivoting towards the general election. His former campaign manager Lewandowsky did well with the primaries but was not prepared to run a general election. Trump got 13-14 million votes in the primaries but will need about 65 million votes to win the general election. Trump could say and do things in the primaries and it would not hurt him but that is not the case in the general election.

The bias of the media is always expected. Hillary under FBI investigation for her emails should be getting huge amounts of coverage. Much more than it has. Same way with all the money the Clinton Foundation has received and the obscene amounts of money Bill and Hillary got for giving 30 minute speeches.

Well, unless a darkhorse candidate like Gary Johnson impresses me enough, i'll probably end up voting for Clinton in the general election.

I look at this election like having to take a raging dump and just barely making it to the bathroom: It's going to stink bad no matter what, but at least you didn't shit your pants.

Trump winning would be the political version of the U.S. shitting its pants.

Well, unless a darkhorse candidate like Gary Johnson impresses me enough, i'll probably end up voting for Clinton in the general election.

I look at this election like having to take a raging dump and just barely making it to the bathroom: It's going to stink bad no matter what, but at least you didn't shit your pants.

Trump winning would be the political version of the U.S. shitting its pants.

Dammit, I thought there was hope for you

Dammit, I thought there was hope for you

You did??? Hey I think JB is a bright guy and glad to have him here but never once, not for one second one iota of time did I expect him to stray off the reservation.

It would be like Cal saying that he might vote for Joe Biden if he got the nomination.

;)

WSS

You did??? Hey I think JB is a bright guy and glad to have him here but never once, not for one second one iota of time did I expect him to stray off the reservation.

It would be like Cal saying that he might vote for Joe Biden if he got the nomination.

;)

WSS

In all honesty, it probably doesn't matter which one of them wins at this point; they're both fucking terrible choices. That's why I'm hoping Johnson gets enough shine in the polls to be included in the presidential debates. He may have some wacky ideas on some things, but for the most part, he seems pretty level-headed. Plus, he was a two term governor of New Mexico, so he has some experience in government as well. Regardless, if he makes it onto the ballot here in Ohio, that's probably who'll I'll end up voting for. If he doesn't, then it'll be Clinton.

so, Jblu,... seriously? "they are both terrible choices..."...

then why the worst one? The most corrupt, viciouse, stupidass dishonst one?

What ?

Yep, I don't get that choice - not by anybody in this country. Like the media - all the corruption in

higgardly's entire life and you wash it away...

how on earth do you ...feel that that is a good idea?

In all honesty, it probably doesn't matter which one of them wins at this point; they're both fucking terrible choices. That's why I'm hoping Johnson gets enough shine in the polls to be included in the presidential debates. He may have some wacky ideas on some things, but for the most part, he seems pretty level-headed. Plus, he was a two term governor of New Mexico, so he has some experience in government as well. Regardless, if he makes it onto the ballot here in Ohio, that's probably who'll I'll end up voting for. If he doesn't, then it'll be Clinton.

One of them loves America

The other one is Hillary Clinton

I have to go see that. Most all Americans need to see it, and think about where we

are going as a country.

big serious trouble if higgardly ever actually gets "elected"

"The soul of the democratic party...."

from slavery to enslavement

Dinesh D'Souza? I remember him getting smoked repeatedly in debates with Hitch and Sam Harris.

funny - smoked

I dont care that you replace one faith with another - albeit an angry vindictive voice from a dead guy to his replacement scientist

at least you can qualify the stance of the anti religion platform with whom it is attributed with?

I dont care that you replace one faith with another - albeit an angry vindictive voice from a dead guy to his replacement...

Well, that describes the premise of every major religion.

...at least you can qualify the stance of the anti religion platform with whom it is attributed with?

The Political preferences of U.S. religious groups:

FT_16.02.22_religionPoliticalAffiliation

So, according to the above mentioned poll, the majority of atheists in the U.S. tend to vote Democrat. But that doesn't really surprise me. Most atheists tend to be socially liberal and support the idea of separation of church and state and a secular government. Today's socially conservative, Christian-dominated mainstream Republican party is a continuation of the "moral majority" values of the 80s and 90s, and their policies reflect that, so I can also see why atheists wouldn't tend to caucus with them - also not surprising.

However, about 1 in 3 atheists reported as being either Republican, independent, or of neither party as well, so you can read in to that whatever you wish.

Interestingly enough, the poll seems to suggest that many Christian groups tend to also vote/lean majority Democrat. It seems that the more evangelical the group is, the more likely they will vote Republican. Read into that whatever you wish as well.

like the seemingly "smaller" significance of the democratic party - hijacking the public conscience with

some hallowed progressivism, promising a better world -

the atheists hijack the public conscience with the same promise of a better world, complete with

a moral code that was given originally by a greater power than ourselves.... but ignoring the One who authored it

(in order to validate themselves as correct, or even praiseworthy)

taking for itself a reason to proclaim its own superiority? i dunno, I just see the anti theists as phony

Archived