THE BROWNS BOARD

Cavs Draft

LCDawgFan13

Thought about doing a poll here but decided to leave it as just a discussion. Who do you want the Cavs to pick in the first round? Both picks in the first if you want.

Me personally, I was on board with the Irving supporters until I got to witness Derrick Williams pick Duke apart last night! Wouldn't it be nice to see Williams' # 23 in a Cavs Uni next season? Add in Walker or Burks or Knight with that 2nd first rounder and then go best available with the 2nd round picks. This team could be back to being relevent next season!

Let me know what you think!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id like us to get real cornerstones like PG and Center.

Let's add..."PG & C with pride"! To explain myself, LBJ disrespected the Cavs players he left behind. Whether or not that disrespect was deserved doesn't matter....what does matter is that they showed no anger toward him when he returned to town with the Heat & in fact, most HUGGED him. If they had PRIDE, they certainly WOULD have shown their anger to him. We're getting players with pride on the Browns...It's now time to get some for the Cavs.

Sorry for the ramble & I'm not very familiar with players available, but I do agree that, in order to build & sustain a winner, we need a high level of play from point guard & center.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to get Harrison Barnes with our first pick. we still have to beat out the timberwoves for the better percentage to get the first pick. Harrison Barnes would be a great 2 or 3 spot on our team. Kyrie would be nice but we have some pg's on our team already. With our second pick I would like to get Enes Canter, a Pau Gasol type dominating player he and JJ and Andy could all rotate pf to c depending on who else is on the floor. I would also like to do a homer pick and get David Lighty with one of our second rounders. Im sure we will be doing some wheeling and dealing before the draft because a lot of teams dont like this draft class,to be honest after picks 15 or so the talent really drops off. I see Jamison leaving and Parker and Boobie.

Im thinkin

PG-Baron, Sessions

SG-JR Smith" via FA", Eyenga, Lighty, Barnes and Smith could rotate this spot too.

SF-Harrison Barnes, Gee

PF-JJ/Luke/Hollins--- good rotation

C-Canter/Andy/Erden--- could be a super rotaion.---------------To be to not to be, do not let us down, oh wise ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought about doing a poll here but decided to leave it as just a discussion. Who do you want the Cavs to pick in the first round? Both picks in the first if you want.

Me personally, I was on board with the Irving supporters until I got to witness Derrick Williams pick Duke apart last night! Wouldn't it be nice to see Williams' # 23 in a Cavs Uni next season? Add in Walker or Burks or Knight with that 2nd first rounder and then go best available with the 2nd round picks. This team could be back to being relevent next season!

Let me know what you think!

One mock has us drafting, 3 SF in a row. Derrick Williams. T, Jones and Richmond in the 2nd rd. They also projected CSU's Cole to go late first round.

I just read a mock that I loved...but would never happen in a BILLION years. He had Stern fixing the draft in Cleveland's favor and had the Clippers getting the #1 pick and the Cavs getting #2 in the lottery thus the Cavs would be picking 1 & 2. He then had them taking Derrick Williams #1 and Harrison Barnes #2. One can dream right?

I'm hoping for Kemba Walker out of UConn and Derrick Williams out of Arizona if he declares. I agree we need a PG and a Big Man and the pick we got from the Clippers will allow us to get both.

i don't know alot about kemba, but i heard some bad things about his shooting skills. does anybody know if this is true?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm hoping for Kemba Walker out of UConn and Derrick Williams out of Arizona if he declares. I agree we need a PG and a Big Man and the pick we got from the Clippers will allow us to get both.

Most folks are now wanting Irving at #1. Not me, & here's my thinking...If we take Irving #1, Williams will almost certainly be gone by #4 & we will either be looking at drafting 2 top guards or taking a chance on Kanter (who I question athletically) or any of a number of "IFS". If we take Williams #1, sitting at #4 WILL be either Irving (almost surely NOT), Walker, or Knight, & that makes for a pretty sure bet on 2 outstanding players. We'll see how this pans out, but I want to see the Cavs maximize BOTH picks rather than taking a huge gamble with #4.

Mike

Most folks are now wanting Irving at #1. Not me, & here's my thinking...If we take Irving #1, Williams will almost certainly be gone by #4 & we will either be looking at drafting 2 top guards or taking a chance on Kanter (who I question athletically) or any of a number of "IFS". If we take Williams #1, sitting at #4 WILL be either Irving (almost surely NOT), Walker, or Knight, & that makes for a pretty sure bet on 2 outstanding players. We'll see how this pans out, but I want to see the Cavs maximize BOTH picks rather than taking a huge gamble with #4.

Mike

This is exactly how I feel. I'm not sold on Kanter at all! But I feel like the "media" has already tagged Irving as #1 which is probably true. I mean he barely played last year so I didn't get a chance to see much of him...

I like the PG and Center idea. However, who is gonna play SF and who is gonna SCORE points?

Can't solve all of our problems in one draft. We'll most likely be back in the lottery next year, and that draft looks heavy in wing players (http://nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft). Top 5-caliber legit centers don't come around too often, to pass on one for an average PG prospect doesn't really make sense to me. Especially one like Kanter, who looks like he has the outside game that would work great next to Varejao.

Williams - Varejao - Kanter would be a pretty good looking frontcourt, but I don't think I'd pass on Irving. Get our PG and Center this year, and a wing player next year. I'd be fine watching the growing pains with two great building blocks if we end up back in the lottery next year, with a shot at someone like Harrison Barnes.

I dono about Irving but if we took him number 1 then we'd have to take Kanter or someone else for the Big, Kanter is an unknown who just showed up late in the season..

Id say are best option would be Williams and then Knight, but what really sucks is this draft isnt that great and we have two top 5 picks...

If this was another draft id be stoked but i dont see any superstars in this draft...

Id say trade the 4th overall pick with Baron Davis and whoever else for Chris Paul and then take Williams number 1..

That's what I've been sayin!!

I think NOL would be crazy to do it, but they have to know CP3 is gone after next season and they can pickup a potential PG replacement in Knight or Walker.

What makes anyone think that would be a good deal for the Cavs? CP3 is not going to re-sign in Cleveland anyway! We'd essentially be giving away the #4 pick and Davis for a one and done player. I agree with those saying to take Williams #1...It leaves the board more open with the 4th pick. You could go PG there or even still go big, remembering that Sessions was showing some serious signs of being really good, and still get a young PG with our 1st pick in the 2nd round...Maybe a Norris Cole?

What makes anyone think that would be a good deal for the Cavs? CP3 is not going to re-sign in Cleveland anyway! We'd essentially be giving away the #4 pick and Davis for a one and done player. I agree with those saying to take Williams #1...It leaves the board more open with the 4th pick. You could go PG there or even still go big, remembering that Sessions was showing some serious signs of being really good, and still get a young PG with our 1st pick in the 2nd round...Maybe a Norris Cole?

I think sessions will be trade bait this year. Possibly a late 1st rounder. Also I seen on the espn insider cleveland might try and buy a pick. I really dont know what type of pick they could buy, but if they traded both the 2nds and gave some cash for a 15-25 pick I would be all for it. We really dont have any need for any more 2nd rounders, have our team is that already.

Can't solve all of our problems in one draft. We'll most likely be back in the lottery next year, and that draft looks heavy in wing players (http://nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft). Top 5-caliber legit centers don't come around too often, to pass on one for an average PG prospect doesn't really make sense to me. Especially one like Kanter, who looks like he has the outside game that would work great next to Varejao.

Williams - Varejao - Kanter would be a pretty good looking frontcourt, but I don't think I'd pass on Irving. Get our PG and Center this year, and a wing player next year. I'd be fine watching the growing pains with two great building blocks if we end up back in the lottery next year, with a shot at someone like Harrison Barnes.

I agree.

Williams is a good player but something tells me he won't be a standout pro.

He'll be good no doubt but he won't stand out at the position like a few other do.

Irving can be a standout PG.

PG, C is the route we will take.

Thank you im glad someone understands that. If we traded for CP3 it'd be in the trade clause that'd he have to sign a long term deal

He wants out of New Orleans...And he's got other otions for where he can go! He's not going to re-sign with the Hornets just to get traded to Cleveland. I wish he would, but dreaming of that is going to get us nowhere! CP3 agreeing to a sign & trade with Cleveland is not going to happen.

Theres a great possibility it could happen he loves byron scott and what you'd need to do is send the 4th overall pick to NO with Baron Davis and then decide if you really think Williams is worth the legit #1 pick in this draft and if you feel hes not then use that as bait as well..How about this #1 overall draft pick for Kevin Love or Lamarcus Aldrige or Danny Granger have one of them and Chris Paul playing in Byron Scotts offense with JJ Hickson as well. Then Go out and sign Micheal Redd as a Shooter whos contract is up this year..

Or see what other players there are out there who teams would be willing to be able to part with one for the 1st overall pick.. Because were not going to need Irving if we had CP3.

Basically this is the way i see it Irving as well as Williams are Unknowns and there potential isnt what you know what your getting in alot of other players..

Take the First Pick and Trade it to one of the People i mentioned above or possibly someone else and throw in Jamison hes eating Cap anyways and his best days are behind him.

Let Hickison take over the PF position

Then take The 4th overall pick and Trade Baron Davis and Sessions to the Hornets for CP3

Add Redd F/A as well as others..

We'd be Conteneders in the East automatically..

We wont be Right out of the gate with Irving and Kanter anyways, plus knowing Clevelands luck they both could turn out to just be average players

We wont be Right out of the gate with Irving and Kanter anyways, plus knowing Clevelands luck they both could turn out to just be average players

Right.....or all the players you trade for blow out their knees and have to retire.

Keep the picks.

Take the two best players you can and move on.

Right.....or all the players you trade for blow out their knees and have to retire.

Keep the picks.

Take the two best players you can and move on.

[/quote

Yeah right cause two unknowns are better than two proven NBA Stars..

As much as I'd rather have proven stars, I just don't see that happening for us. We're going to have to rebuild through the draft, and maybe grab a decent player at the trade deadline next year. I'm made the Wolves-Cavs-Pistons trade fell through. The way I see it, Cavs should just trade both 2nd round & 4th overall to Minnesota for the 2nd. Since I know the wolves want to get out of the 2 spot.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't see there being a chance in hell we give the heat the #1 pick, but that's just me.

Agreed...Why in the hell would we give both of our last two #1's overall to Miami?! They already got LeGoneinthefourthquarter. They don't need Irving or Williams too (they likely would take Irving).

Archived